RPRA (Irish Region) AGM - 03/02/18

Homer's Odyssey - News From Around Ireland by Willie Reynolds BHW & RP Scribe and PO for NIPA, INFC and RPRA (Irish Region).

RPRA (Irish Region) AGM - 03/02/18

Postby willie reynolds » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:04 am

The Irish Region (RPRA) Annual General Meeting will take place in the Templeton Hotel in Templepatrick on Saturday 3rd February at 1.00pm sharp.

Application for membership from Abbey Social (Belfast), any objections to the Secretary Robert Reid.

Following the AGM a Region Delegates Meeting will be held and then for good measure after that a General & Appeals Committee Meeting. If any member wishes to serve on the INFC Committee please attend the RPRA (Irish Region) Annual General Meeting.

A big item under discussion at the minute is the Hall Report for the future which cost £10,000 to produce, it has been published in the BHW on more than one occasion and is available on various websites including www.pigeonnetwork.com. I am sure there are some recommendations in the Hall Report we could implement and at least try to reduce costs and overheads.

Included with the agenda Secretary Robert Reid Has enclosed a letter stating all members who wish to compete in Irish Region Awards must do the following.

1. Get forms from Mr & Mrs Reid and your club Secretary must sign these to verify them to be correct.
2. These forms must be sent inside 14 days after race is completed.
3. Races 2nd Talbenny and Penzance Old Birds club Secretary must send only the best entry from their club, (one member or partnership).

4. Mileage 0-250, (Secretary to send only the best entry).
5. Mileage 251-450, (Secretary to send only the best entry).
6. Mileage 450 +, (Secretary to send only the best entry).

7. Best Old Bird Performance for season, (Secretary to send only the best entry).
8. Best Young Bird Performance for season, (Secretary to send only the best entry).

9. Club Secretary must complete and sign the following Awards Forms within 14 days after the last race of the season.
(a) Young Fancier of the Year
(b) Young Fancier Mileage Award 0-250.
(c) Young Fancier Mileage Award 251-450.
(d) Young Fancier Mileage Award 450 +

Secretaries must send in the names of the club delegates to the Irish Region Secretary before the 2017 AGM.
willie reynolds
 
Posts: 5739
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:44 pm

Re: RPRA (Irish Region) AGM - 03/02/18

Postby willie reynolds » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:02 pm

Irish Region (RPRA) AGM 2018 –

The AGM for the RPRA (Irish Region) took place on Saturday 4th February in Templeton Hotel in Templepatrick, County Antrim. Any member wishing to be on the INFC Committee was requested to attend the RPRA (Irish Region) meeting.

Those attending the meeting included: S G Briggs President, S Thompson Life Vice President, J Serplus Vice President, G McDowell Vice President, J Burrows Vice President, R Reid Secretary, A C McGrugan, W Reynolds, G Delaney, W Knowles, T Griffith, F Russell, P Dunlop, C O’Hare, W Seaton, L Wilson, A Thompson, N Lewis, D Suitters, E McGimpsey, K Wilkinson. Apologies: R Duddy, S McGarry, Art Kelly.

The President Sammy Briggs opened the meeting by welcoming the members and he asked them firstly to stand in memory of those deceased in the past year including Lyndin Boyle. He then invited the Secretary to read the Minutes of the 2017 AGM, which were then passed.

Matters arising some discussion had previously taken place regarding application for awards. It was accepted each club Secretary would have responsibility regarding the Meritorious Awards for Single Bird performance worked out on total time and distance. As far as all the other awards were concerned it was more a case of personal choice, and it was agreed any RPRA Member had the right to supply claims to the Local Irish Region to decide on the winners. Ken Wilkinson put up a bird for his local school Riverside in the RPRA One Loft Race which had done well. Very poor publicity regarding this and the best school not even invited to the presentation in Blackpool. This will be addressed regarding future competition and raised at RPRA next meeting. The Secretary had asked for each club to supply names of Delegates prior to the AGM, just two had replied and the thoughts of the meeting were these should be obtained when the membership lists go out to each club and listed there.

Accounts: Were agreed and passed as per the published Statement of Accounts for 2017, some £40,000 in the account. They need signed off by the official auditor.

Trevor Griffith was invited to conduct the election of officials for 2018.

The following officials were elected for 2018: Life Vice-President S Thompson, President S G Briggs, Vice Presidents J Serplus, G McDowell and J Burrows. Secretary/Treasurer Mr & Mrs R Reid.
Councillors to RPRA: S G Briggs, and G McDowell with Reserve G Delaney. Auditors Gilmour & Co (Carrickfergus). PO: W Reynolds.

Irish Region Committee includes: S Thompson, S G Briggs, R Reid, W Seaton, G McDowell, W Reynolds, J Burrows, A C McGrugan, C O’Hare, T Griffith, Lee Wilson, R Duddy, A Thompson, D Suitters, N Lewis, W Knowles, G Delaney and J Burrows.

INFC (RPRA) Management Committee: G McDowell Kells, W Reynolds Ballymena, P Dunlop Edgarstown, C O’Hare Ballyholland, J Serplus Laurelvale, P Smith Individual Dublin, R Duddy Ballyclare, A Thompson Ballyclare, C Lyons Hills & Maze, D Suitters Doagh, T Griffith Eastway, E McGimpsey Ards, N Lewis Doagh, A Kelly Individual Dublin.

INFC (RPRA) Appeals Committee: W Kelly St Pauls, J Burrows Eastway, and W Knowles Kingsmoss.

Mandating the Irish Region Delegates is usually left to the team of officials and many thanks to Secretary Robert Reid who supplied me with the voting decisions. All told there were 72 Resolutions listed and the Irish Region will vote Against in the vast majority of cases. For those who follow the details - They will support 7/3, 7/27, 7/45, 7/60, 7/61 and 7/62 and Abstain on 7/2, 7/24, 7/26 and 7/70. All the rest they will vote against.

The Secretary had been trying to get some changes regarding the claiming for Awards and Trophies, I think the understanding is for the like of the Meritorious Award worked out over time and distance for Talbenny (2) and Penzance it is right that the Secretary submits the claim, there can only be one winner in each club for this award for Individual Bird Performance. As far as the rest are concerned it’s all down to individual choice, each RPRA Member is entitled to claim and it is possible to have more than one claim in an individual club. What was being proposed is listed below.

Included with the agenda Secretary Robert Reid enclosed a letter stating all members who wish to compete in Irish Region Awards must do the following.
1. Get forms from Mr & Mrs Reid and your club Secretary must sign these to verify them to be correct.
2. These forms must be sent inside 14 days after race is completed.
3. Races 2nd Talbenny and Penzance Old Birds club Secretary must send only the best entry from their club, (one member or partnership).
4. Mileage 0-250, (Secretary to send only the best entry).
5. Mileage 251-450, (Secretary to send only the best entry).
6. Mileage 450 +, (Secretary to send only the best entry).
7. Best Old Bird Performance for season, (Secretary to send only the best entry).
8. Best Young Bird Performance for season, (Secretary to send only the best entry).
9. Club Secretary must complete and sign the following Awards Forms within 14 days after the last race of the season.
(a) Young Fancier of the Year
(b) Young Fancier Mileage Award 0-250.
(c) Young Fancier Mileage Award 251-450.
(d) Young Fancier Mileage Award 450 +

Secretaries must send in the names of the club delegates to the Irish Region Secretary before the 2017 AGM. Very few of those were sent before the AGM. Regarding the awards maybe the Irish Region should have a small Award Committee dealing with this every year and they present their findings and selections to the AGM. That would involve more people and more help and save a lot of time at the AGM meeting each year which is usually fairly long. Only a thought - and I also think as well each meeting Agenda should include a Report from the RPRA Councillors on meetings attended. There is so much going on especially with the numerous changes in ETS and of course testing for drugs which is ever changing. As far as the awards go Northern Ireland is fairly well covered, we maybe need to look at competition of the members in Southern Ireland especially East Coast Fed who I believe are all members of RPRA, we have the money to do this. Another time saver would be for the minutes to be circulated prior to the meeting, something could maybe be set up for this. Again only a thought, we need to keep making progress and adopt modernism. It is also my thought we need to beef up our admin, and Life Vice-President Sam Thompson for one should still be included in getting all correspondence regarding the Council meetings and being included in the general discussion with the current councillors, no need for his vast amount of experience to be lost and not used. I think we need all the help we can get keeping everyone involved and helping, our Reserve Delegates should be included as well as the rest of the Vice Presidents. Another little warning from the AGM published report is the finance and general purposes committee have agreed to approach the RPRA accountants for advice in relation to Region Accounts, the same non mandated people that want to put a levy on non GB rings want to look at how best to use regional accounts? I myself though it was only a matter of time till this came up. It is all very interesting times at present, we must keep our eye on the ball.

There was a bit of discussion on the Schools Entry for the RPRA One Loft Race, maybe we could extend that to include a paid entry to the NCC in Coleraine for a local school. It was agreed to present £1,000 to Riverside School for funding, Ken Wilkinson would look after that. Never noticed any update from RPRA regarding that, I would expect it will be raised again. Abbey Social (14 members) applied for membership, advert for this to be placed in the BHW, resignation from Cushendall HPS was accepted. Bit of discussion on the raptor problems and on efforts being made at RPRA, Irish Region will raise items including ETS Clock problems and Drugs. It was decided not to support the Hall Report.
Willie Reynolds Press Officer.

Image
Ken Wilkinson Chairman of the NIPA pictured with the kids from Riverside School in Antrim - proudly displaying
their bird " Riverside Hope " - Winner 1st Schools RPRA One Loft Race Final 2017 – Well Done Everyone.
willie reynolds
 
Posts: 5739
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:44 pm


Return to Homer's Odyssey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron