Ballyphehane annual presentation -

BHW Scribe Mick Crean will keep this board up to date on all the pigeon news in and around the Cork City Area.
willie reynolds

Ballyphehane annual presentation -

Post by willie reynolds »

Cork Area News

The Ballyphehane pigeon club held its annual presentation night on Friday 9th of December at their club house with refreshments to the Manhattan Bar afterwards. It was an extremely enjoyable night where the guests of honour was my son Neil and Myself. We presented the trophies to the winners and a few great performances were to mention. Club members Finbarr Burke won the Navan young bird federation race which incurred heavy losses and the Curtin bros won the Hamilton federation old bird race. The club is well run and my mate Pat Chandley plays a major role in the running of the club he is a level headed bloke and is a great influence to the younger fanciers. Gerry O Neill who is one of the longest serving fanciers in Cork tells me he enjoys his racing in the club he now races in partnership with his grandson Robert .

I don’t drink these days but on this occasion I did and I must say I had a very enjoyable night with some very nice people and I wish them the best for the 2012 season. I was judging birds in Youghal the next day and I hope my hangover didn’t effect the judging !!!. I paid a visit to Pat Parker who had built a massive new loft with the help of his mate Freddie Walsh. The loft is 30ft long and 8 ft wide it is very well ventilated and overlooking the sea it is a beautiful place to keep pigeons. I wish all the lads a happy Christmas and a good racing season for next year

Mick Crean

Return to “Cork AREA News”