Flying into the NW - Bude & Fermoy 5B 17/06/12

Top competition in Derry City between the five local clubs Foyle, Maiden City, Londonderry, Ameila Earhart and Derry & Dist. Click here for all the latest news and results for the City of Derry Federation etc.
willie reynolds

Flying into the NW - Bude & Fermoy 5B 17/06/12

Post by willie reynolds »

As the races get longer, the results get shorter it seems. Although we do have two race again this week, from Bude and the Fermoy Five Bird. At the time of writing, the Bude race seems to have been a real stinker, with only four birds into Derry and, all in the Foyle club. From the Fermoy race, again, returns were a little erratic. Some clubs have still not posted results at this time, so I can only give you what I have to hand at the minute. The results can always be updated later, if anyone wants to give me any more details.

We will go first to the Foyle club this week, were we have the only birds that have returned from that stinker of a Bude race. In first spot this week, and taking another channel win is Micky Jones, who also has another game pigeon in the result to take fourth. Second this week is a man who loves his channel racing, Raymond O Reilly, with another top channel flyer Noel Mc Grotty in third. Well done and fantastic flying in the Foyle this week. The result then looks like this, 1st and 4th Micky Jones 1103, 720, 2nd Raymond O Reilly 1101, 3rd Noel Mc Grotty 1080.

From the Fermoy race in the Foyle, Paul Maxwell clocks up another red card, with Sean Mc Grotty taking the next three positions and Jim Diamond taking fifth. The full result for Fermoy was 1st Paul Maxwell 1227, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Sean Mc Grotty 1166, 1164, 1146, and 5th Jim Diamond 1106.

Next up we have the Limavady club where one game bird made it from Bude. That bird belonged to the very consistent John Mc Cool and was doing a very good 1212 ypm. Well done to John on a super result.

From the Fermoy race, there are no surprises this week. Ronnie Witherow continues to dominate, with the same hen winning again this week. The hen I believe is a 2009 hen, and has won many first prizes to date. The ever present Willie Mc Ilmoyle is there again in second, while Ronnie fills the rest of the result. The full result looks like this then, 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th Ronnie Witherow, 2nd Willie Mc Ilmoyle 1226.

In the Maiden City club this week, Pat Mc Laughlin continues to clock up the wins. The winner again this week, is Pat’s red cock who has already topped the Section and placed 3rd Open this year. A super pigeon and a loft in top, top form. Concannon Bros have a good race this week to take second position, with Pat in third, Coyle Bros in fourth, and Pat back in again in fifth. The full result then was 1st, 3rd and 5th Pat Mc Laughlin 1295, 1227, 1178, 2nd Concannon Bros 1227, 4th Coyle Bros 1183.

In the Derry and District this week, Joe Ebbs almost does a clean sweep of the result with four of the first five positions. Danny Canning stops the clean sweep for Joe by taking second spot. A super race for Joe this week. The full result was 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th Joe Ebbs 1278, 1228, 1199, 2nd Danny Canning 1228.

These are the only club results to hand at the minute, although I can give you the first ten results from the Centre, which might throw some light on the other clubs from the Fermoy race. The top ten in the Centre looks like this, 1st Pat Mc Laughlin 1295, 2nd and 10th Joe Ebbs 1278, 1228, 3rd and 5th Tony Conway 1265, 1257, 4th J + D Kelly 1257, 6th Sean Gallagher + Sons 1246, 7th and 8th Glenn Quinn 1242, 1238, 9th Danny Canning 1228.

Return to “Flying into the North West by Billy Knox”