Flying into the NW - Penzance 25/06/12

Top competition in Derry City between the five local clubs Foyle, Maiden City, Londonderry, Ameila Earhart and Derry & Dist. Click here for all the latest news and results for the City of Derry Federation etc.
willie reynolds

Flying into the NW - Penzance 25/06/12

Post by willie reynolds »

The NIPA were in Penzance this week for the penultimate race of the old bird season. The weeks have flown by and we only have the big one from St Malo this week, and that’s it for another year.

Wisely, the NIPA postponed recemarking until Saturday for a Monday release. The weather wasn’t the greatest, but as with all races, there are always some game birds that will face it and make their way home no matter what you throw at them. The returns overall weren’t the greatest but at least we have something to write about.

Leading the way this week are the Omagh birds where we have our Section winner Alan Hall, who will be known to many fanciers, if not personally, certainly by reputation. Still no photographs unfortunately for the Omagh club, but here is the full result. 1st Alan Hall 1187, 2nd and 5th S Gilmore 1137, 1034, 3rd Ken Armstrong 1060, 4th Alan Kelly 1052.

Next up this week, we go to the Limavady club where Ace flyer Ronnie Witherow takes yet another win .Ronnie also takes second Section, with a blue cock that won 1st Section, 2nd Open from Talbenny. A super racing cock. Willie Mc Ilmoyle is there again this week, taking second and third positions. The full result then from Limavady is 1st Ronnie Witherow 1176, 2nd and 3rd Willie Mc Ilmoyle 1115, 1025.

On then to the Foyle club, where James Gallagher has a great fly, taking first and third, while Micky Jones keeps banging them in taking second. Micky’s bird won Talbenny last year as a young bird. It has also won Talbenny this year, was fourth in Bude and now a second place from Penzance. A super channel pigeon, and still only a yearling. The full Foyle result was, 1st and 3rd James Gallagher, 2nd Micky Jones, 992.

Only one bird recorded in the Maiden City club this week. That bird belongs to John Mc Groarty. Unfortunately, I don’t have John’s velocity, but congratulations to John on his first red card of the Season

Only one bird also in the Rock club. The red card this week goes to the very consistent Tommy White, who makes it four firsts for the year so far. Super flying from Tommy, who will now be looking forward to the young birds. Again, I have no velocity for Tommy.
The Derry and District has only one bird home as well. The honours this week go to the ever present Kieran Reid. Kieran’s velocity is 943.

Finally this week, we go to the Londonderry club. This week’s winner is ‘ Pigeon ‘ Pat Mc Laughlin. This is probably Pat’s favourite race point, and with this week’s result, we can see why. In second position in the Londonderry club this week, we have Davy Wick. Only two birds in the result. The velocities were 1st Pat Mc Laughlin on 1005, 2nd Davy wick on 835.

No result for Strabane this week. I don’t know if anyone sent. If they did, we can always update the result. Again, unfortunately we are lacking photos of many of the winners. We can only work with what we’ve got. Thanks to Tony Conway for sending me a couple of photos this week. I will use them Tony whenever I can.

Return to “Flying into the North West by Billy Knox”