Farming Life - Wednesday 16/01/13

The News Letter, now in its fourth century of continuous publication, has come a long way since it first saw the light of day in 1737. On a visit to Northern Ireland, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth described the longevity of the newspaper as "an achievement in which the people of Northern Ireland can take great pride". Pigeon News is featured in the Farming Life supplement each Wednesday.
willie reynolds

Farming Life - Wednesday 16/01/13

Post by willie reynolds »

Rasharkin & District H.P.S - Steele & McNeill Top Prize-winners.

Rasharkin & District H.P.S held their annual dinner and prize presentation in a new venue for 2012, the Ballymoney Rugby Club. Chairman Harold Cubitt welcomed the members and friends, and thanked Iris's Farmhouse Cuisine for an excellent meal. He then thanked all of the club's sponsors including: Noel Twaddle Contracts Ballymoney, Greers Volvo Antrim, BRS Cars Cullybackey, Leck Scaffolding, and JF Car Sales Ballymoney.

Top Prizewinners for 2012 Steele & McNeill had an outstanding season, winning nine races, topping section B of the NIPA three times, and three times Mid Antrim Combine winners. Runners up were Harold Cubitt again having a top season, winning six first prizes. J & M Milliken also won 1st Mid Antrim Combine, one of only two birds home in the Pluadren Grand Nat Kings Cup.

Top prizes and positions won were: Steele & McNeill: 1st Mid Antrim Combine, 1st Section B, 4th Open Rosscarbery O/B National N.I.P.A, 1st Mid Antrim Combine, 1st Section B, 3rd Open Roscrea N.I.P.A, 1st and 2nd Mid Antrim Combine, 1st and 2nd Section B Young Bird Clomnel. J & M Miliken won 1st Mid Antrim Combine in Plaudren Kings Cup I.N.F.C.

Club Perpertual Cup winners were: Steele and McNeill: O/B N.I.P.A National Rosscarbery, O/B Inland Average, 5 Bird Championship Fermoy, James McFetridge Memorial Sprint Cup, O/B Nom Cup, O/B of the Year, Y/B 5 Bird Championship Fermoy and Mamie Simpson Memorial for Highest Prize-winner.
Harold Cubitt won: O/B Knock-out Cup, Y/B Rosscarbery National N.I.P.A, Y/B Knock-out, Bobby Torrens Memorial Cup Y/B Talbenny National N.I.P.A, Y/B Average, Y/B Nom Cup, Y/B of the Year, and Best Average two Y/B Nationals N.I.P.A.

A.C & T. Tweed won: O/B Penzance Cup, Tweed Cup O/B National St. Malo N.I.P.A, O/B Cross Channel Average, O/B Yearling Cocks National N.I.P.A.

J & M Milliken won: Plaudren Kings Cup I.N.F.C Cup.
Milliken & Barkley won: O/B Yearlings Hens National I.N.F.C cup.

After the presentation of the cups and prizes, chairman Harold Cubitt again thanked the sponsors and also everyone for attending and making this one of the most popular local club dinners annually.

Return to “NEWS LETTER/FARMING LIFE - First published in 1737 www.newsletter.co.uk”