Lisburn City & Around - 27th May 2013

The Pigeon Fancier, Top Loft Reports, Articles and much more... Plus Lisburn City & Around to include the NIPA Clubs in Lisburn and Dromore and Lisburn based Lagan Valley RPC who race in the Ulster Federation.
adie

Lisburn City & Around - 27th May 2013

Post by adie »

EXCELLENT CLONMEL ALTERNATIVE FOR THE MIGHTY NIPA

Once again the NIPA Race Committee lead from the front, working with the help of various sources for weather info etc, they decided from the offset mid week that the planned race from Pilmore Beach was a no go and opted for Fermoy instead. With Weather conditions not looking so favourable to merit a release in Fermoy the order was given for the transporters carrying some 23,494 pigeons sent by 1,007 competing lofts to head for Clonmel. With the North of Ireland basking in glorious sun-shine from dawn, with next to no wind, well in my garden any how I would have to say it was probably the best racing day conditions of the O/Bird Campaign this season. The Convoy of NIPA Transporters made Clonmel in good time for the birds to be settled well in advance for an early liberation at 8am in a South Wind. Now when I stated very little wind in my garden in Lisburn, that obviously wasn’t the case on route for the leading pigeons this week are doing over 1800 yards per min and many congratulations to Willie Neill of Annaghmore who sits at the top of the NIPA Open Result this week on a velocity of 1817ypm. Reports of East in the wind would suggest that the further northern lofts should record favourable velocities especially up the far side of the Lough and this certainly appears to have been the case with the NIPA Section and Open Result made available on Sunday at 1.00pm. Secretary Fred Russell is doing a fantastic job having the result now available the day after the race is completed.

Around my area of Lisburn City & Around, the leading loft this week is yet again NIPA Centre Official Joe Vage, this now the second time Joe has topped the Section D result in three weeks, fantastic achievement having previously recorded 1st Section D Fermoy only two weeks ago and finishes 1st Dromore HPS, 1st Section D NIPA 109 members sending 3,102 pigeons this week from Clonmel finishing 71st Open. Joe timed his 2 year old Van Den Bosch Cock at 10.34amflying 155 miles. Next in the result and staying in Dromore is the current Section D Fancier of the Year Jeff Greenaway and without doubt had the card of the day taking the next eight positions in the Dromore Club and only beat to Section D Honours by point 2 of a yard the first pigeon timed was a full brother to “Blue Savannah“ and what a racer he was for Jeff NIPA O/Bird of the Year in 2009 winning the Irish Region RPRA 0-250 Mileage Award and finishing Runner-up in the Adult Short Distance with performances such as 3 x 1st Section D, 2nd, 7th and 9th Open NPA with upwards of 30,201 pigeons. The Greenaway loft finished 2nd, 9th, 11th, 18th, 21st, 23rd, 26th and 27th Section D with 74thand 140th Open as well in a day that wasn’t suited to the area. Very tight at the top of the points table within Section D between three lofts and Jeff takes the lead going into the cross channel events. 3rd Section takes us across to the Colin Club where the hard working Owen Monaghan takes the red card ahead of the ever present John Gregory & Sons who take the next three finishing 13th, 14th and 20th Section D, Owen timed a Vandenbeele/Soontjen Cross this one a Yearling Widowhood Hen she previously topped the Club last year for the loft from the Tullamore Y/Bird event finishing 17th Section and 19th Open and adding this weeks 1stClub, 3rd Section D and 92nd Open Clonmel to its increasing portfolio of success.

My next port of call is a loft always in the hunt each week at the highest level Ian Gibb & Sons and one of the three currently in the race to retain there NIPA Section D O/Bird Fancier of the Year Crown. Ian and son Peter have had an undefeated start to the 2013 season topping the Club every week so far and this week is no different, having the best bird in Lisburn Town finishing 1st and 2ndGlenavy HPS with a 4th and 19th Section D finish and 116th Open NIPA. The father and son team timed a father and son to take 1stand 2nd Club. First pigeon into the Clock was a 2 year old Blue Pied Widowhood Cock this now his 4 x 1st and a Soontjen this being a G/Child of the legendary “Statesman” followed by his son a Yearling Dark Cheq Pied Widowood Cock this one already this year a winner of 1st Club, 6th Section D and 11th Open Roscrea, both pigeons where only a minute apart for the 165 mile journey home, with the first into the clock at 10.44am.

Before going any further and encase I forget I would like to thank everyone who has emailed and phoned wishing me well and looking forward to my column now each week, many looking me to expand into the other Sections as before, wont say never but happy ATM covering my own area, who knows perhaps your wishes will be answered. Many many hours previously when doing my column and well documented that I never went to bed on a Sunday to make sure column was finalised for the weeklies, such was the support from the areas I covered. Nothing more I would like than to be doing the same again, time will tell, in the mean time many thanks for the kind emails and calls.

Looking around the rest of the Clubs in my area and with results available excellent result in the Kingswood HPS for the partnership of Kemp & McBride who on a velocity of 1763ypm finish 5th Section D and 119th Open respectively the Burton & Glover partnership had a super card taking the next four in the Kingswood Club. In the Dromore West End great to see the M & F Russell team putting a few good arrivals into the Clock finishing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Club with a 6th, 7th and 8th Section D finish and in the NIPA Open finish 121st, 130th and 131st well done to all concerned. We go to the Hills & Maze HPS with 11 members sending 285 pigeons it was the turn of the Channel men to start and make a move with the cross-channel events next in the pipe line, the red card of course going to Lavery Bros with Turner Bros finishing a close 2nd and last weeks 4th National winning loft of I Rollins & Son taking the next two. Must thank Clyde Rollins for his nice email during the week.

The Big Club as they are known Lisburn & District had a very impressive 811 pigeons in the transporter for Clonmel sent by 31 competing members, fantastic Club. When you win this Club you have most defiantly won. Mark Laffin had the top honours this week with a velocity of 1740ypm followed close behind by H Mackin & Son on 1739 with Mark keeping this one on its toes in with another at 1739ypm and the ever present Spence Bros completing the top four.

South Belfast seen the loft of R Kenna back to the top timing his good 3 year old had another arrival close by finishing 2nd Club with M Lavery taking the next two making up the first four. In the Dromara Club it was yet again the loft of Cromie & Magee & Son who take the top honours with 529 pigeons competing at club level sent by 13 Lofts, one of those and finishing 2nd Club is another good Channel competitor Russell Bros with the same lay out of 1st and 2nd taking 3rdand 4th respectively. Ricky McCullough can do no wrong this season also in the Derriaghy HPS and takes the first four yet again for another week.

Well that’s it this week folks a bit shorter than normal due to me working today and the Bank Holiday Monday, until next week good luck.

Adie McCormick
Email celestiallofts@aol.com
Tel 07921883997
http://www.pigeonnetwork.com

Ian and Peter Gibb (father & son) holding father & son 1st & 2nd Club from Clonmel at the weekend (see report).

Jeff Greenaway current Section D Fancier of the Year winning the Waring Cup with the above pigeons is having an excellent 2013 and had the card
Of the weekend from Clonmel.

The impressive loft set up of Jeff Greenaway Dromore HPS.
Irelands Own Pigeon Auctions

Return to “Around Ireland - with Adie”