May 2014 Update -

The UK's Premier One-Loft Race From FRANCE. THE ULTIMATE IN ONE LOFT RACING.
willie reynolds

May 2014 Update -

Post by willie reynolds »

May 27th

Another good day to-day, the birds flew unbelievably well, local fancier Steve Burton called to see how his 8 entries were shaping up, Steve was the only person from the UK with all his entries still in the race after the first hot spot race at the SCMDR, Steve witnessed how well the birds flew and filmed them on his phone, after watching them trap he said absolutely brilliant, you certainly have them on their game, next I turned out the younger ones and again more joined the batch, we just need some good weather so I can keep at them, again they all trapped well, I have noted however that some birds are being missed this is not good enough so I am going to move the bob wires and I am sure that will sort this problem, just a short update but what more can be said at the moment.

Until Next Time Remember He Who Dares Wins

May 26th

Hi fanciers, we have had a very hectic last few days thus no update, the birds are in superb condition, the older ones are really flying well and are now ready for training but we will not train them until they are off the dark, also we are still 9 weeks away from the first hotspot race so no hurry, now for the younger birds, from the 43 we had missing there is now only 7 birds which have not returned, these youngsters are now doing as they should have a week ago, we just need some good weather so I can really educate them to my ways, they are now going out and back in through the traps with no problem, more and more are starting to batch, I would say if the weather comes O.K that by next week we will have this team flying an hour as well but there was no doubt they gave me a real fright.

I would like to say well done and congratulations to father and son partnership R&N Dennett winners of the NFC race this weekend, Ron and Nigel nice people and top flyers racing only a small team of birds from a back garden loft, Ron and his chosen syndicate have 16 birds in our race, so when we say the best have entered this race you can see what I mean.

May 20th

Well fanciers, we had a big disaster yesterday, the latest youngsters were taken down the field for their 2nd test, we had 85 in total, we released them and the lot went, as you can appreciate this did my head in, at the close of business last night we were still some 43 missing, better news to-day we are only 8 missing, hopefully they will return tomorrow, we have seen a few hanging around, be assured they will learn the hard way, we had no issues with any of the other 3 sections they all passed their 2nd test with no issues, I thought things was too good to be true, but latest youngsters will I am sure be doing as we want by the weekend, not much more I can say at the moment, will update tomorrow.

Remember He Who Dares WinsFrown

May 18th

A superb weekend, the weather has been brilliant, on Saturday we took the decision to give all the birds a booster vaccination, it appears that Paramyxovirus is rife at the moment so at Who Dares Wins we are taking no chances, the cost involved does not come into it, whilst personally handling all the birds I was able to check their overall condition/body weight etc, the birds are immaculate, this also gave us the chance to double checked that all the ETS rings are activated and timing O.K, no problems here either. This morning the birds were turned out at around 11.30am, Dave Willis was passing the farm in his car and he said a big black shadow passed over, he needed to turn on his head lights…….. Dave came down to the farm and witnessed the birds exercising in fact Dave left at 1.00pm and they were still going strong, this is a good sign, I did intend to give the latest intake their second test to-day but I was beaten by time due to the birds being darkened at 5.00pm, no worries tomorrow I assure you they will be tested. It won't be long now before we start training the older birds, what we must remember is we have time on our side, the first race is not until 27th July.

I will be sending off all the transfers tomorrow, can anyone who has not yet sent us a transfer please send one ASAP, I will also be putting a list of all the birds not yet activated on the web site, how the spare birds work is this, the syndicate has until 25th July that is Friday before the first race to activate their reserve bird at a cost of £200, any birds not activated will be for sale to anyone at a cost of £200. The cost to activate or buy ventures will increase as we get closer to the big day, If anyone is unsure or has any questions then please contact me direct on 07725209762, well fanciers hope you all had a good race yesterday and returns were good, it was a perfect racing day, until later.

Remember He Who Dares WinsCool

May 14th

Well at last we have had a few dry days plus the strong wind has dropped, the birds are bouncing although some are quite heavy into the body moult most are still flying very well, you always get some idol pigeons, trust me these will also be going along with the others, pigeons are creatures of habit and if allowed to sit around, land on houses then they will, the problem then is 1 leads to 2, 2 to 4, 4 to 8 and so on, you have to nip it in the bud straight away, we now have 80% of the birds flying very well, the latest intake have now been through the traps 4 days running, Sunday will be their first big test, i am quite happy with progress at the moment but as you all know things can change very quickly, we have used the ETS system every day and all is going well, the TauRIS Derby system is also new to me but I have managed to sort things, I have received a few really nice phone calls from fanciers commenting on what fantastic prize money we are guaranteeing, as promised we are here for the long haul so to speak,we are not out to make a quick few quid then run, pigeons are my life, as many know I have been fed secretary for many years, club secretary for many years, Conveyer, Driver so as you can appreciate when I say pigeons are my life they really are, well fanciers just a short note to keep you informed of the latest news around the loft.

May 8th

The last pigeons are on their way and will be in the loft in the morning, so thats it for 2014 the loft is closed, it is now time for me to earn my bread and butter, to-day i moved 20 birds up a section, tomorrow I will move 30 from the C team in with the big boys, trust me they are well up to it, the next few day is a bit dodgy weather wise so we may not be able to get the birds out, the problem I have all be it a good one is that most of the A&B team fly for over for up to 3 hours, yesterday I let them out at 11.30am and the last one came home at 4.00pm this pigeon was clapping like a widowhood cock, I will assign the last pigeons tomorrow, i will then put a full assignment list on the web site, you can then check if you athletes are still with us, to date we are only 3 pigeons down……… should I say touch wood.

Well Fanciers i am sure you will agree the Prize Fund has been worth the extra couple of days wait, this is our first year and to get the entries we have is brilliant, we have been supported by some of the best fanciers in the UK,Ireland & Belgium, local fanciers have really come out in force and entered this race, this for me says it all, we are trusted and you cannot buy that, what I will say to everyone is I hope I can win you all a few quid.

Who Dares Wins One Loft Race

2014 Prize Fund To Date

Is £37,700.00 Guaranteed

We have 265 Activated Birds

We have 85 Reserve Birds
We have 25 Venture Birds

First I would like to thank all entrants for the fabulous support & the quality of birds you have sent us, there is no doubting we have the best of the best entered in this race, so which ever bird does win the final you as owners can boast you have beaten the best in the UK, Ireland & Belgium.

The prize fund will be increased if more birds are activated. I am sure you will appreciate we have virtually put 100% of all monies back into the race, this is our first year but we are already leading the way, there is no doubt this is the Premier One Loft Race in the UK & Ireland.

Prizes for the 5 Hotspot races

Hotspot 1

Windrush

1st £200 + a Solid Gold Medal

2nd £200

3rd £100

Hotspot 2

Marlbrough

2nd £200

3rd £100

Hotspot 3

Marlbrough

2nd £200

3rd £100

Hotspot 4

Wincanton

2nd £200

3rd £100

Hotspot 5

Portland

2nd £200

3rd £100

ACE PIGEON

£1000 + A Solid Gold Medal & Photograph

This will be awarded on a points system but the winning pigeon must have raced in all 5 Hotspots + the final race

2 bird Challenge

£500 + A Solid Gold Medal & Photograph

Note this is the first Syndicate to get 2 birds home in the final race from France but both birds must have competed in all 5 Hotspots as well.

Final Race Prizes 2014

1st

£15,000 + A Photograph

2nd

£ 7,000

3rd

£ 3,000

4th

£ 2,000

5th

£ 1,000

6th

£ 800

7th

£ 700

8th

£ 600

9th

£ 500

10th

£ 400

11th to 20th

£ 100

21st to 30th

£ 50

May 7th

Another good day birds flown very well, first however I have to apologise to Danny Dixon, it has always been my intention to give every fancier a mention for trusting their birds with us, we picked up 4 beautiful youngsters from Danny last week, the birds are a credit to the quality that Danny houses, Danny Dixon is a house hold name in the UK & Ireland and is a very successful fancier with some super pigeons.

I did promise to put the prize fund on the web site but I received a phone call to-day with a promise of a further 20 entries to be picked up tomorrow, with this in mind I have to delay things but trust me you will not be disappointed, we have assigned every bird which is in the loft, the web site guy is coming tomorrow and I hope to have a full assignment list on the web site by Friday.

May 5th

Hi everyone, all is well at the lofts, the birds are exercising out of their skins, the A&B team have body moulted very well, I handled every pigeon over the weekend when we assigned them, all were given a full M.O.T being One spotted and given one of my magic potions just to ensure all is well, I will be taking the A&B team off the Darkness in around 3 weeks, but the C&D team will stay on for a further 3 weeks after, I have the web site designer coming tomorrow night we are attempting to set up the ETS software so we can download all Assignment, Training and Race Results direct to the Web Site, we have the final entry's from the UK coming tomorrow & 2 more birds to collect from Dublin, then its show time, the prize fund will be posted on Wednesday, we are just ensuring that all entry's are fully paid.

Return to “Who Dares Wins - One Loft Race”