August 2014 - Update

The UK's Premier One-Loft Race From FRANCE. THE ULTIMATE IN ONE LOFT RACING.
willie reynolds

August 2014 - Update

Post by willie reynolds »

30th August

Hi, not a great lot to report, birds flew well yesterday, they will be exercised later this afternoon if the weather holds, on the long range forecast is look's as though we are in for the toughest of races with a North East Wind next Sunday, I do hope this changes and the birds get a little help, we have done very well compared with others we have only dropped 86 birds in 5 Hot Spot Races, remember we had a very tough Hot Spot program.

REMEMBER WE PAY OUT ALL POOL MONIES its your money, NOTHING IS RETAINED any bird which does not go to the race and has been pooled your monies will be returned.

We are putting on a great day with brilliant choice of hot food Beef, Pork Chicken etc, live entertainment, cheap bar, plus a Top Class Race & Prize Winners Presentation, your chance to meet up and enjoy pigeon fanciers banter, the cost is just £15 for an all day ticket, below is some local hotels etc, Irish fanciers flying into East Midlands airport we will arrange to pick you up. IF YOU INTEND TO COME TO THE FINAL CAN YOU PLEASE CONFIRM ASAP SO WE KNOW HOW MANY TO CATER FOR.

POOLS FOR FINAL RACE ARE £2, £5, £10, £20, £50, £20 Nom which is unlimited so if you have 3 birds left you can enter all 3 the cost is £20 each, the first Nom bird timed wins all.

Below are the addresses of some local Hotels:

Travel Lodge only 800yds away tel 0871 984 6119, Premier Inn Ripley 3.5m tel 0871 527 8934, Premier Inn South Normanton 3.5m tel 0871 527 8758, 5 star The Derbyshire Hotel South Normanton 3.5m tel 01773 812000, 5 star Santo's at Higham 4m tel 01773 833812. Remember Who Dares Wins Gary,Annette & Rob

28th August

Birds looking great and flying well, we have £1195.00 in the Pools entered to date, REMEMBER WE PAY OUT ALL POOL MONIES its your money, NOTHING IS RETAINED any bird which does not go to the race and has been pooled your monies will be returned.

We are putting on a great day with brilliant choice of hot food Beef, Pork Chicken etc, live entertainment, cheap bar, plus a Top Class Race & Prize Winners Presentation, your chance to meet up and enjoy pigeon fanciers banter, the cost is just £15 for an all day ticket, below is some local hotels etc, Irish fanciers flying into East Midlands airport we will arrange to pick you up. IF YOU INTEND TO COME TO THE FINAL CAN YOU PLEASE CONFIRM ASAP SO WE KNOW HOW MANY TO CATER FOR.

POOLS FOR FINAL RACE ARE £2, £5, £10, £20, £50, £20 Nom which is unlimited so if you have 3 birds left you can enter all 3 the cost is £20 each, the first Nom bird timed wins all.

Travel Lodge only 800yds away tel 0871 984 6119, Premier Inn Ripley 3.5m tel 0871 527 8934, Premier Inn South Normanton 3.5m tel 0871 527 8758, 5 star The Derbyshire Hotel South Normanton 3.5m tel 01773 812000, 5 star Santo's at Higham 4m tel 01773 833812. Remember Who Dares Wins Gary,Annette & Rob

27th August

Hi, birds flew well to-day, they have started their first day of build up to the final, we had visits from Steve Williams ( The One Eyes ) yesterday who had come to bring his pool monies, I took him through the loft and he saw that all the birds were being treated equally, ( none sitting egg's etc ), Steve commented on the superb condition and feather quality the birds were in, to-day Phil Rawson from the S.A.S syndicate came to bring their pools and Phil also commented on the superb feather quality and condition of the birds, he said there is not a bad one amongst them, the lights are now being used to ensure the birds hold their flights, this is a must for the longer races, not much more to report.

Tickets for the final day are going well and I must thank all who have committed to coming along, it is important we know roughly how many so we can get the catering etc right.

Below are the addresses of some local Hotels: Travel Lodge only 800yds away tel 0871 984 6119, Premier Inn Ripley 3.5m tel 0871 527 8934, Premier Inn South Normanton 3.5m tel 0871 527 8758, 5 star The Derbyshire Hotel South Normanton 3.5m tel 01773 812000, 5 star Santo's at Higham 4m tel 01773 833812. Remember Who Dares Wins Gary,Annette & Rob

26th August

Not a lot to report, flew the birds this morning although the condition were poor, most did an hour but 5 still out on the loft, they are now locked out and will remain there until after exercise this afternoon, it is my fault due to over feeding them plus they have had 2 days rest, be assured tonight they will be in, tomorrow we start the build up to the big day and play time is over.

Remember Who Dares Wins Gary,Annette & Rob

25th August

Hi, what a miserable day, we did have 2 birds home this morning from Hot Spot 5 these are GB14P02888 which belongs to The One Eyes and GB14V09497 which belongs to Mylie-Jo this bird will not be going to the final race, we also had a bird back from Hot Spot 2 GB14X22364 this belongs to P.J Lofts, all 3 birds have been put in the quarantine loft, they have been given a little clear out tonic, two of the birds will re-join the team on Wednesday, I must add none of the two birds are flown down. The birds in the loft look a picture and the droppings are perfect, I will start with our 9 day preparation for the final on Wednesday, it has not been at all fit to fly the birds to-day, but the rest will do them good, they will be exercised twice daily from tomorrow with a possible 30 mile trainer on Friday. Pools for the final are coming in and it looks like being a bumper pay day for some lucky fanciers, remember all these birds will go to the final in the same condition, none will be sent sitting eggs etc, the loft can be inspected at any time so the race is wide open, coming from over the pond is no mean feat, but these birds are a special commodity as they proved on Saturday.

Tickets for the final day are going well and I must thank all who have committed to coming along, it is important we know roughly how many so we can get the catering etc right.

Remember Who Dares Wins Gary,Annette & Rob

24th August

An updated result is now on the results page this includes the birds home this morning, there is no doubt the birds did perform exceptional on a hard day, I know of federations who had some really funny races yesterday. Birds look great as expected after our little tonic we had loose droppings this morning but by tonight they will be back as they should be.

So it is now time to plan for the final, you are all welcome, we are putting on a great day with brilliant choice of hot food, live entertainment, cheap bar, plus a top class race & Prize Winners Presentation, your chance to meet up and enjoy pigeon fanciers banter, the cost is just £15 for an all day ticket, below is some local hotels etc, Irish fanciers flying into East Midlands airport we will arrange to pick you up. IF YOU INTEND TO COME TO THE FINAL CAN YOU PLEASE CONFIRM ASAP SO WE KNOW HOW MANY TO CATER FOR.

If you fancy a game of Golf we are within just 3 miles of two excellent Golf Clubs.

Travel Lodge only 800yds away tel 0871 984 6119, Premier Inn Ripley 3.5m tel 0871 527 8934, Premier Inn South Normanton 3.5m tel 0871 527 8758,

5 star The Derbyshire Hotel South Normanton 3.5m tel 01773 812000, 5 star Santo's at Higham 4m tel 01773 833812.

We have limited space for anyone wishing to camp…..( Tents Only ).

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

PRIZE,NOM & POOL MONIES WON AT HOT SPOT 5

Syndicate

Ring No

Prize Money

Pools

Total

Strawberry Mill

WHU14D07064

£200 + £150 Nomination

£350

Phoenix Parade Syndicate

Belg14/6132779

£200 + £78

Nomination

£278

Mike Chadwick

GB14V06402

£100

£100

Phoenix Parade Syndicate

Belg14/6130284

abcde + £5 Nomination

£365

ACE

GB14Z77963

£60 Nomination

abcde

£245

Nuttall & Son

GB14A10122

abcd

£85

Jos Reilly ( Team Ireland )

IHU14S22214

abcde

£168

Jimmy Nack

e

£60.00

38 in 50p = £19.00 38 in £1 = £38.00 38 in £2 = £76.00

38 in £5 = £190.00 36 in £10 = £360.00 36 in £5 Nom = £180.00

a = 3 @ £5.00 & 1 @ £4.00, b = 3 @ £10.00 & 1 @ £8.00

c = 3 @ £20.00 & 1 @ £16.00 d = 3 @ £50.00 & 1 @ £40.00

e = 3 @ £100.00 & 1 @ £60.00 £5 Nom = 1 @ £180.00

Total Pools Entered £863.00

Total Pools Paid Out £863.00

Total Payout £1651.00

All cheques will be posted tomorrow.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...
Hot Spot 5 Race Report

Well fanciers the cream always comes to the top, you sent us quality pigeons and I would like to think we have done the rest, there is no doubt that Portland is a hard place to get pigeons out of, and I was very nervous, never did I doubt the pigeons but to-day so many obstacles were against us, we only had 4 days to prepare the birds, the wind did not suit, all the federations birds along our flight path ( thousands of birds ) but we did it, we must remember these birds have flown 328 miles in just 5 days.

I have just been in the loft and trust me the birds are immaculate yes you can tell some have had a race but 1300ypm is not easy, they have had a tonic to clear their system out, I have just put a little bit of something special on the corn, this will soak overnight. It is now game on, what a race we have from France so get your tickets ordered for the final day, from over the pond the race is anybody’s. Remember Who Dares Wins Gary,Annette & Rob

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
Hot Spot 5….. Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant, 328 miles in just 5 days and one of the most difficult race points there is,the result is on the results page now, there will be a full update around 9.00pm.

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

August 23rd Liberation News For Hot Spot 5 from Portland 181 miles………. The birds were liberated at 12.00 mid-day in a West North West Wind and immediately took on the water they never looked back within 2 minutes Paul could not see a pigeon, the liberation was witnessed by site agent Neville Wallbridge who quoted you cannot fault that for a liberation, they saw no apparent hawk strikes so lets now hope our athletes perform as we know they can we wish you all the very best of luck.

Good morning to all, I have spoken with Paul at the liberation site and the weather is perfect with a moderate West North West Wind, we now have to try and ensure a clear line of flight, we are hoping for a liberation around Mid-Day, yes it is heart in your mouth time because we need all the birds to attack the water straight away and not mess around or we will have hawk trouble, I will update around 12.30pm.

Remember Who Dares Wins Gary, Annette & Rob

August 22nd

Birds all loaded and the transporter left at 8.00pm, every bird checked and they are in top condition, all we need is a bit of lady luck the birds will do the rest.

Hot Spot 5 Portland 181 Miles…….. Unfortunately we have to hold the race tomorrow, a full basket list is on the Race Info page, lets hope the birds get a clear flight and yet again perform like we know they can, we wish everyone the very best of luck and lets hope God is on our side. Remember Who Dares Wins Gary, Annette & Rob

August 21st

Hi, what a miserable day it has been but the birds have again flown for fun, this evening I got them down after 1 hour 15mins, anyone who lives up near us will appreciate that in the weather conditions her to fly over an hour shows the condition the birds are in. Pool entries are now on the pools page, anyone still wanting to pool you need to get them off ASAP because it looks as though we will be racing on Saturday.

Hot Spot 5

What a dilema, I have been on every weather site possible and without a doubt we have no chance of a race on Monday, so my next choice would be Sunday but it appears that there will be no sun but total cloud cover at the liberation site although in their favour is a 7mph South Wind, but having convoyed for many years trust me the birds need sun on the baskets before liberation or they will not clear, so it leaves Saturday, well there will be no problem with the weather, a 14mph West North West wind is forecast all the way, the down side is thousands of pigeons will be crossing our flight path, trust me we are really trying hard to ensure we get as many birds as we can to France, we are so close yet it seems so far away, I have no fear that the birds will perform so we are 99% certain that Hot Spot 5 will be on Saturday, a final decision will be made at 11.00am in the morning and a basket list will be posted by 1.00pm sorry can't do any better.

We are now making plans for the final day, we have a Saxophone player plus road show booked for Sunday Nights entertainment, trust me it is brilliant, on the catering side we have an all afternoon BBQ drinks will be available from our cheap and cheerful Bar, I have told the bar to have a good stock of Vodka for the Irish Fanciers, in the evening we will have a variable meat Roast + Pie & Peas etc, could you please contact us to confirm if you will be attending the final so we can confirm our catering arrangements the price per ticket will be £15.00….. those who fancy making a long weekend remember we are local to Matlock Bath, only 4 miles from South Normanton Shopping Outlet, only 15 miles from Meadowhall Complex in Sheffield, 15 miles from Nottingham Town Centre, 10 miles from the centre of Derby, fanciers flying into East Midlands Airport contact me and we will arrange to have you picked up, if you fancy a game of Golf we are within just 3 miles of two excellent Golf Clubs.

Travel Lodge only 800yds away tel 0871 984 6119, Premier Inn Ripley 3.5m tel 0871 527 8934, Premier Inn South Normanton 3.5m tel 0871 527 8758,

5 star The Derbyshire Hotel South Normanton 3.5m tel 01773 812000, 5 star Santo's at Higham 4m tel 01773 833812.

We have limited space for anyone wishing to camp…..( Tents Only ). Remember Who Dares Wins Gary, Annette & Rob

August 20th

The birds are in fine condition, droppings are A1, we had another home this morning GB14C34885 which belongs to Big Mick from the Celtic Connection.

I am having a bit of an headache at the moment trying to source the best day for Hot Spot 5, at the moment it appears that Sunday is O.K but we will have around 10,000 welsh birds crossing our line of flight plus the Lewrick club going South from Coventry, if we do go for a Sunday race I will be talking with the relative race controllers who I must say are very helpful, there is some rain about on Monday but it is not clear yet how heavy this will be, you cannot liberate from Portland on Tuesdays due to the site being used for a local market, my thoughts are that Wednesday will be too late, giving us only 9 days before basketing for Falaise, we have to think of any late birds/next day birds so we need this race out of the way then I can get to work on the birds going to France.

Can you please send in your Pools entries for Hot Spot 5 ASAP

PLEASE NOTE the Pools for the FINAL RACE from FALAISE will change to the following:

£2, £5, £10, £15, £20, £50 + £20 Nom, remember we will deduct nothing every penny from your Pools is paid out, so you have a great chance to win big, Pools will be paid out 1 in every 10.

We are now making plans for the final day, we have a Saxophone player plus road show booked for Sunday Nights entertainment, trust me it is brilliant, on the catering side we have an all afternoon BBQ drinks will be available from our cheap and cheerful Bar or bring your own, I have told the bar to have a good stock of Vodka for the Irish Fanciers, in the evening we will have a Hog Roast, could you please contact us to confirm if you will be attending the final so we can confirm our catering arrangements the price per ticket will be £15.00….. those who fancy making a long weekend remember we are local to Matlock Bath, only 4 miles from South Normanton Shopping Outlet, only 15 miles from Meadowhall Complex in Sheffield, 15 miles from Nottingham Town Centre, 10 miles from the centre of Derby, fanciers flying into East Midlands Airport contact me and we will arrange to have you picked up, if you fancy a game of Golf we are within just 3 miles of two excellent Golf Clubs.

We have limited space for anyone wishing to camp…..( Tents Only ). Remember Who Dares Wins Gary, Annette & Rob

August 19th

Hi, It is a sad day for Myself Annette & Rob, we had to make the dreaded decision to have our Old Champion Boxer bitch put to sleep this morning, she will be always remembered as a super star who won 3rd at Crufts and Irish Champion Looby Loo Luv Me True at Jinnybrux.

We had another bird home at 6.00am this morning from Hot Spot 2, Ring No IHU14S94297 which belongs to Dylan&Daniel Boylan, the bird will be treated and it will re-join the team in 2 days, also this morning at 7.20am a bird belonging to Jos Reilly ( Team Ireland ) returned, that gives Josh 10 birds in the race from the 12 he entered.

The birds themselves look great, we gave them a little tonic to clear out their system yesterday so the droppings were as expected a little loose this morning, no exercise this morning. We turned the birds out at 5.00pm this afternoon and they flew O.K being put under no pressure, we soaked the corn in a special liquid mixture over night, this they have been given morning and evening, when I cleaned out the loft this afternoon the droppings were just as we would want them so all appears good health wise.

I will be checking the weather situation over the next few days to assess which day we will have Hot Spot 5. Our last race from Portland will be a real test, the distance is 181 miles the birds have 5 miles of water straight away upon liberation, there is no doubting we have not made Who Dares Wins Races easy that’s what sets this One Loft Race aside from any other, its tough, we are hard task masters to date our birds have had over 30 training tosses and 4 races that’s why they made light of the conditions yesterday, Oh I nearly forgot they were also sent in top condition.

We are now making plans for the final day, we have a live Saxophone player plus road show booked for Sunday Nights entertainment, trust me it is brilliant, on the catering side we have an all afternoon BBQ drinks will be available from our cheap and cheerful Bar or bring your own, I have told the bar to have a good stock of Vodka for the Irish Fanciers, in the evening we will have a Hog Roast, could you please contact us to confirm if you will be attending the final so we can confirm our catering arrangements the price per ticket will be £15.00….. those who fancy making a long weekend remember we are local to Matlock Bath, only 4 miles from South Normanton Shopping Outlet, only 15 miles from Meadowhall Complex in Sheffield, 15 miles from Nottingham Town Centre, 10 miles from the centre of Derby, fanciers flying into East Midlands Airport contact me and we will arrange to have you picked up, if you fancy a game of Golf we are within just 3 miles of two excellent Golf Clubs.

Remember Who Dares Wins Gary, Annette & Rob

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
August 18th

Hot Spot 4 Race Report + Prize & Pools Monies

Hi, well fanciers what a day, the birds did prove how fit we had them, it took them just 3 hours & 5 minutes for the 147 mile trip in tough conditions the leading pigeons were doing high 1300ypm, I was looking out straight South expecting the birds around the 3 hour 18 minute mark, I glanced to my left and there was a good batch heading straight towards the loft from the East, in this batch was some 47 birds which all hit the loft together, but coming out on top was a Hufkins Venture which was purchased way back in March by council worker Jimmy Nack, in 2nd was another Venture again purchased by the Phoenix Parade Syndicate, to my amazement no less than 4 birds in the top 10 were all ventures, but I did say when we ordered them we only wanted the best and that’s is what we have got, this evening 2 more ventures have been purchased so that leaves just 1 now for sale, its got to be worth a gamble. Fanciers who came to watch commented on the superb condition the birds returned in.

The birds this evening have had a good feed and tomorrow morning we will assess them, we are still 15 short but I am confident more will return, they could have been hit by the Peregrine because 1 very brave bird GB14C13920 belonging to Cookstown Sizzlers has a very badly broken leg, the owners have been informed, we will do our best for this bird.

Full Prize and Pools List is below, ALL CHEQUES WILL BE POSTED TOMORROW, Remember we deduct nothing, its your money.

PRIZE,NOM & POOL MONIES WON AT HOT SPOT 4

Syndicate

Ring No

Prize Money

Pools

Total

Jimmy Nack

Belg14/6130297

£200 +Gold Medal &£150 Nomination

abcde +£5 Nom

£665

Phoenix Parade Syndicate

Belg14/6130284

£200 bird not nominated

abcde

£385

Nuttall&Son

GB14A10122

£100 + £78 Nomination

£178

Sunnyfield Lofts

GB14Z28248

£60 Nomination

£60

ACE

GB14Z77963

abcde

£111

26 in 50p = £13.00 26 in £1 = £26.00 26 in £2 = £52.00

26 in £5 = £130.00 26 in £10 = £260.00 26 in £5 Nom = £130.00

a = 2 @ £5.00 & 1 @ £3.00, b = 2 @ £10.00 & 1 @ £6.00

c = 2 @ £20.00 & 1 @ £12.00 d = 2 @ £50.00 & 1 @ £30.00

e = 2 @ £100.00 & 1 @ £60.00 £5 Nom = 1 @ £130.00

Total Pools Entered £611.00

Total Pools Paid Out £611.00

Total Payout £1399.00

We are now making plans for the final day, we have a live Saxophone player plus road show booked for Sunday Nights entertainment, trust me it is brilliant, on the catering side we have an all afternoon BBQ drinks will be available from our cheap and cheerful Bar or bring your own, I have told the bar to have a good stock of Vodka for the Irish Fanciers, in the evening we will have a Hog Roast, could you please contact us to confirm if you will be attending the final so we can confirm our catering arrangements the price per ticket will be no more than£20….. those who fancy making a long weekend remember we are local to Matlock Bath, only 4 miles from South Normanton Shopping Outlet, only 15 miles from Meadowhall Complex in Sheffield, 15 miles from Nottingham Town Centre, 10 miles from the centre of Derby, fanciers flying into East Midlands Airport contact me and we will arrange to have you picked up.

Remember Who Dares WinsLaughing

Gary, Annette & Rob

August 17th HOT SPOT 4 From Wincanton 147 Miles Wind Forecast to be 16mph North West

The birds have had a good fly this morning, they will be basketed tonight and the transporter will leave around 9.00pm, the birds are in top condition, the race tomorrow will be tough with a 16mph North West Wind forecast, there are now 7 pigeons which are being rested Ring Numbers are below. The basket full list is on the Race Info Page we wish everyone the very best of luck.

Belg14/6130490 Phoenix Parade Syndicate, (only returned this week from Hot Spot 2. ) Belg14/6132768 Kris Wynants Venture ( Only returned this week from Hot Spot 2. )

GB14V09497 Mylie-Jo, only returned this week from Hot Spot 2. GB14B05291 Danny Dixon ( only returned this week from Hot Spot 2. )

GB14P04217 Brian & Sue ( Bird returned from Hot Spot 2 with a slight knock, ) GB14Z81092 Evansent Flyers ( Still not happy this bird is 100% right yet )

GB14L36649 Mantle Bros & Sons also being Rested

We are now making plans for the final day, we have a live Saxophone player plus road show booked for Sunday Nights entertainment, trust me it is brilliant, on the catering side we have an all afternoon BBQ drinks will be available from our cheap and cheerful Bar or bring your own, I have told the bar to have a good stock of Vodka for the Irish FanciersLaughing, in the evening we will have a Hog Roast, could you please contact us to confirm if you will be attending the final so we can confirm our catering arrangements the price per ticket will be no more than £20….. those who fancy making a long weekend remember we are local to Matlock Bath, only 4 miles from South Normanton Shopping Outlet, only 15 miles from Meadowhall Complex in Sheffield, 15 miles from Nottingham Town Centre, 10 miles from the centre of Derby, fanciers flying into East Midlands Airport contact me and we will arrange to have you picked up.

Remember Who Dares Wins Laughing

August 18th ……..Update, The result is on the results page I will update more news later.

Hot Spot 4 Liberation

The birds were liberated at 8.00am in a Brisk North West Wind, it took less than 30 seconds for them to clear the site. The wind at the home end is also picking up and is North West.

This should be a good test for the birds and they should prove their fitness. Best of Luck Remember Who Dares Wins Gary, Annette & Rob

August 17th HOT SPOT 4 From Wincanton 147 Miles Wind Forecast to be 16mph North West

The birds have had a good fly this morning, they will be basketed tonight and the transporter will leave around 9.00pm, the birds are in top condition, the race tomorrow will be tough with a 16mph North West Wind forecast, there are now 7 pigeons which are being rested Ring Numbers are below. The basket full list is on the Race Info Page we wish everyone the very best of luck.

Belg14/6130490 Phoenix Parade Syndicate, (only returned this week from Hot Spot 2. ) Belg14/6132768 Kris Wynants Venture ( Only returned this week from Hot Spot 2. )

GB14V09497 Mylie-Jo, only returned this week from Hot Spot 2. GB14B05291 Danny Dixon ( only returned this week from Hot Spot 2. )

GB14P04217 Brian & Sue ( Bird returned from Hot Spot 2 with a slight knock, ) GB14Z81092 Evansent Flyers ( Still not happy this bird is 100% right yet )

GB14L36649 Mantle Bros & Sons also being Rested

We are now making plans for the final day, we have a live Saxophone player plus road show booked for Sunday Nights entertainment, trust me it is brilliant, on the catering side we have an all afternoon BBQ drinks will be available from our cheap and cheerful Bar or bring your own, I have told the bar to have a good stock of Vodka for the Irish Fanciers, in the evening we will have a Hog Roast, could you please contact us to confirm if you will be attending the final so we can confirm our catering arrangements the price per ticket will be no more than £20….. those who fancy making a long weekend remember we are local to Matlock Bath, only 4 miles from South Normanton Shopping Outlet, only 15 miles from Meadowhall Complex in Sheffield, 15 miles from Nottingham Town Centre, 10 miles from the centre of Derby, fanciers flying into East Midlands Airport contact me and we will arrange to have you picked up.

Remember Who Dares Wins

August 15th…… the birds have flown superb this afternoon, we have had a bird return from the 2nd Hot Spot, Ring Number GB14B05291 this belongs to Danny Dixon the bird has been isolated and will have a little tonic to clear out any unwanted disease before joining the team next week, this we do with all birds which have been missing for over 4 days, health is priority at the Who Dares Wins Loft..

HOT SPOT 4…… We have a 99% chance of racing on Monday, I will check our line of flight again tomorrow, if it is game on I will post a basket list on the site by 1.00pm Sunday.

Please send in your Pool Entries ASAP, we also plan to hold our 5th Hot Spot race the following Monday 25th August from Portland.

We are now making plans for the final day, we have a live Saxophone player plus road show booked for Sunday Nights entertainment, trust me it is brilliant, on the catering side we have an all afternoon BBQ drinks will be available from our cheap and cheerful Bar or bring your own, I have told the bar to have a good stock of Vodka for the Irish FanciersLaughing, in the evening we will have a Hog Roast, could you please contact us to confirm if you will be attending the final so we can confirm our catering arrangements the price per ticket will be no more than £20….. those who fancy making a long weekend remember we are local to Matlock Bath, only 4 miles from South Normanton Shopping Outlet, only 15 miles from Meadowhall Complex in Sheffield, 15 miles from Nottingham Town Centre, 10 miles from the centre of Derby, fanciers flying into East Midlands Airport contact me and we will arrange to have you picked up.

Below are the addresses of some local Hotels: Travel Lodge only 800yds away tel 0871 984 6119, Premier Inn Ripley 3.5m tel 0871 527 8934, Premier Inn South Normanton 3.5m tel 0871 527 8758,

We have limited space for anyone wishing to camp…..( Tents Only ). Remember Who Dares Wins

August 14th…….. Just turned up is another from Yesterday Ring no GB14P05743 belongs to SW Fairways, we have virtually 100% returns now

Hi, we had 2 more birds home at 6.15am this morning, these are GB14Z31154 belongs to the 5 Amigo's & GB14L36649 this belongs to Mantle Brothers&Sons, both will now be rested for a couple of days, we will assess both birds before sending them to the next Hot Spot, in the loft this morning the birds looked great, they were given a little tonic last night to clear them out, this afternoon the birds flew well being put under no pressure to do so. Check out the Ace Pigeon Standing after 3 races, it is all still to play for, birds must go to every race including the last one and be timed.

5 star The Derbyshire Hotel South Normanton 3.5m tel 01773 812000, 5 star Santo's at Higham 4m tel 01773 833812. Remember Who Dares Wins

August 13th Updated News…… The birds to-day really did us proud, birds home are on the result page, one bird has come home with a slight injury, we will bath it in Witch Hazel tomorrow and for the next 3 days and then assess it, we hope to hold our 4th Hot Spot on Monday 18th August if the weather permits.

Full Prize and Pools List is below, ALL CHEQUES WILL BE POSTED TOMORROW, Remember we deduct nothing, its your money.

PRIZE,NOM & POOL MONIES WON AT HOT SPOT 3

Syndicate

Ring No

Prize Money

Pools

Total

Jimmy Nack

Belg14/6130297

£200 +Gold Medal &£150 Nomination

£350

The Rovers

GB14Z24663

£200 + £78 Nomination

£278

The One Eyes

GB14P02897

£100 + £60 Nomination

Abcde+£5 Nom

£490

Jos Reilly

Team Ireland

IHU14S22228

abcde

£185

Jos Reilly

Team Ireland

IHU14S22206

abcde

£139.50

27 in 50p = £13.50 27 in £1 = £27.00 27 in £2 = £54.00

29 in £5 = £145.00 27 in £10 = £270.00 29 in £5 Nom = £145.00

a = 2 @ £5.00 & 1 @ £3.50, b = 2 @ £10.00 & 1 @ £7.00

c = 2 @ £20.00 & 1 @ £14.00 d = 2 @ £50.00 & 1 @ £45.00

e = 2 @ £100.00 & 1 @ £70.00 £5 Nom = 1 @ £145.00

Total Pools Entered £654.50

Total Pools Paid Out £654.50

Total Payout £1442.50 Remember Who Dares Wins

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...

HOT SPOT 3 Latest News…… A brilliant race, the birds really showed there worth, provisional result is on the results page. Remember Who Dares Wins

HOT SPOT 3 LIBERATION……….. The birds were liberated at 8.00am in a Light West Wind and cleared in under 1 minute.

August 13th

HOT SPOT 3…. Hi, the birds were on site at 1.00am, we are hoping for a liberation between 7 & 9am, the forecast is pretty good with a 15mph West South West Wind at the race point, after approx 40 miles this will change to West North West, lets hope our athletes perform like we know they can, I will update as soon as the birds are liberated. Best of Luck to Everyone and Remember Who Dares Wins

August 12th

We gave the birds a 30 mile trainer this morning and they came very well, all the birds arrived together and flew for another 30 minutes, result will be posted later.

HOT SPOT 3….. We will have our next race tomorrow, there is a few showers planned for early afternoon so we will be looking at an early morning liberation, the full basket list is on the Race Info page. Best of luck to everyone.

The following birds will not go tomorrow NEHU14TEE838 bird is not right, NL14/3405852, NEHU14NP1913, GB14Z81092 all need resting due to returning late. Remember Who Dares Wins

August 11th

HOT SPOT 3……. We are 99% certain of a race on Wednesday, the wind will have eased a little and for the last 50 miles its forecast for a West North West Wind, we will post a full basket list on the site tomorrow around 10.00am, I know now that 3 pigeons will not be going, these birds need a little longer to recover. ( Ring Numbers will be posted )

We exercised the birds morning and afternoon, they have flew brilliant in difficult conditions ( very strong winds ), I am a big believer in training but it is not worth the risk in 50mph winds, our birds have had 2 races now and over 20 training tosses so they should know their way home. Remember Who Dares Wins

August 10th

HOT SPOT 3 because of the uncertain weather forecast and very strong west winds we have cancelled the planned race tomorrow, we are now looking at Wednesday, I will continue to update as required, we are totally cheesed off to put it polite, the birds are bouncing again, 1 cock yesterday tea time flew for 4 hours on his own, clapping and kiting, landing and then striking off again it was brilliant to watch, he finally called it a day at 8.30pm. Remember Who Dares Wins

August 9th

Hi, we have penciled in Monday for our Hot Spot 3 race from Marlbrough, we will race mark the birds tomorrow in the morning, the full basket list will be on the site at 10.00am tomorrow, but we will check our line of flight again in the morning before making a final decision, again we wish everyone the very best of luck. Remember Who Dares Wins

August 8th

Hi, well fanciers the weather has really spoilt the weekend, there will be no Hot Spot on Sunday due to a very poor weather forecast, I am hopeful of a race on Monday but again it will be a paper bag race with the Wind forecast to be West South West, all I am asking for is a steady North Wind to make the birds work and show their fitness, at the moment the forecast for the whole of next week is rubbish, we have a very good chance of a liberation on Monday morning between 7 & 8.00am, the birds should be home in under 2hrs 40 mins, mind I thought this last week and ended up with egg on my face so to speak, it will be either myself or Rob who takes them, Paul is on Holiday and Terry our other convoyer is working, we will continue to monitor the weather over the next couple of days, every angle will be covered.

We were unable to get a trainer in to-day, myself and Annette were up at 5.00am, the birds was cleaned out by 6.30am, we had grey overcast skies, I said to Annette I don't like the looks of this, the forecast was for heavy rain to spread over our region mid to late morning, so we took the decision not to risk anything, the birds did flew for over an hour this morning and this afternoon they flew an Hour although after being out 25 minutes it poored it down with rain, lets hope we do get a more than fair chance then I know the birds will not let us down. Remember Who Dares Wins

August 7th

Hi, the birds were given a 40 mile trainer this morning, they were liberated in glorious sunshine and no wind, a perfect racing day, we did leave 14 birds at in the loft these need a little longer to get over last weekends race, the birds came very well taking just 55 minutes, the result of to-days trainer is on the Training page, the birds flew over 1 hour this evening so all looks well health wise.

This weeks Hot Spot from Marlbrough looks very doubtful for Sunday, the weather is atrocious, the next decent day is probably Wednesday but again it looks like a Strong West Wind, we will continue to monitor the weather situation and try to get it right, again fanciers are Pooling their birds well so a few quid will be up for grabs. Remember Who Dares Wins

August 6th

Hi, we have had 2 more home to-day, GB14V06407 bird belonging to M.Chadwick, GB14Z31154 belonging to the 5 Amigo's, we have also had a birds return from 5 weeks ago, this is GB14Z24661 it belongs to The Rovers syndicate, we have also had a couple picked up, one from Willenhall & one from Flintshire. The birds have exercised morning and afternoon, if the weather is O.K we will hopefully get a 25 miler in tomorrow and also Friday, all but one of the late arrivals have rallied pretty well, come Friday I am sure they will re-join the team. The weather situation for Sunday at the moment does not look good, we will keep a close eye on things but we will take no chances, it has to be 100%. Remember Who Dares Wins

August 5th

Hi, we have had another 6 birds return to-day the first at 6.14am this morning, Ring No GB14X15514 Nuttall & Son, next was M.Gilbert GB14J05769, GB14C01510 Cookstown Sizzlers, Belg14/6132746 O'Barrs, NL14/3405852 H.A Kellmeyer, GB14Z26379 Over The Hill Gang, GB14P05743 S.W Fairways……… All these birds have been hand bathed and massaged in really hot water with the chinese healing herb Thyme added, this can be viewed on our Facebook page, yes we are again giving you some great tips, we will now rest these birds until Thursday afternoon then I will assess them.

When i look down the ring list at the birds missing it destroys you, some of these birds have had over 25 training tosses and raced from 57 miles the previous week, but it appears that all over the country thousands of pigeons were lost, to us this will be now known as Black Sunday 2nd of August, I am confident we will still get more home, these birds was in top condition and given a chance some will return, lets hope we can still get them home in time to work on them before the final 2 races. Remember Who Dares Wins

August 4th

Hi Everyone, I now know that it was impossible for our birds to clash yesterday, all federations along our line of flight had liberated by 10.45am,so whats happened, I have spoken to scores of secretaries & race controllers to-day and all are reporting massive loses, my opinion is that our birds were either hit by Peregrines or they have gone sailing past in the strong West Wind, we have had more birds home to-day, in the loft at the moment we have 184 home, I will post a new list at around 9.30pm.

Now for the birds, well considering yesterdays race they look great, we have put a little tonic in the water to ensure they are kept right and they will be put under no pressure until Thursday, if the weather is O.K they will be trained from 25 miles, for the next couple of days they will be exercised morning and night but not pressured to fly, if they are right they will do as usual and fly for fun. Race Result Page has latest birds in the loft.

Below is the Prize & Pool Monies Won in Hot Spot 2, all cheques have been posted to-day.

PRIZE,NOM & POOL MONIES WON AT HOT SPOT 2

Syndicate

Ring No

Prize Money

Pools

Total

The One Eyes

GB14P02892

£200 +Gold Medal & £150 Nomination

abcde+£5 nom

£700

The One Eyes

GB14P02897

£200 + £78 Nomination

abcd

£363

Mike Chadwick

GB14V06324

£100 Bird Not Nomination

£100

Jos Reilly

Team Ireland

IHU14S22206

£60 Nomination

abcde

£245

Jos Reilly

Team Ireland

IHU14S22209

abcde

£156

Rod Bain

SU14NE2081

e

£10.00

36 in 50p = £18.00 36 in £1 = £36.00 36 in £2 = £72.00

37 in £5 = £185.00 31 in £10 = £310.00 33 in £5 Nom = £165.00

a = 3 @ £5.00 & 1 @ £3.00, b = 3 @ £10.00 & 1 @ £6.00

c = 3 @ £20.00 & 1 @ £12.00 d = 3 @ £50.00 & 1 @ £35.00

e = 3 @ £100.00 & 1 @ £10.00 £5 Nom = 1 @ £165.00

Total Pools Entered £786.00

Total Pools Paid Out £786.00

Total Payout £1574.00

NO ADMIN FEES DEDUCTED FROM YOUR POOLS MONIES, EVERYTHING PAID OUT IN 24 HOURS
Remember Who Dares Wins

August 3rd

HOT SPOT 2………… The birds were liberated at 1.00pm in a West South West Wind and cleared in seconds. ABSOLUTE DISASTER UP TO YET BIRDS COMING FROM ALL ANGLES PLUS ITS TOOK THEM 40 MINUTES LONGER THAN IT SHOULD HAVE GOD KNOWS WHATS HAPPENED.Cry

Best of Luck to Everyone.

August 2nd

Hi, everything looks good for tomorrow, we will not liberate before 1.00/2.00pm, the birds will be basketed tonight at 9.00pm, our conveyer is Paul Kelly, Paul worked with me as assistant convoyer for 4 years and trust me he will take excellent care of the birds.

Don't forget your £5 for a go at guessing the arrival time of the first bird clocked, Annette has everything in full swing for the BBQ so come along and enjoy yourselves.

POOL MONEY TO DATE FOR HOT SPOT 2 IS A MASSIVE £762.50

Basket List for Hot Spot 2 is on the Race Info Page………….

Until Next Time Remember Who Dares Wins

August 1st

Birds had a 15 mile trainer this morning, we were unable to go any further due to very poor visibility, we turned the birds out at 4.00pm, they flew for over an hour, after being out 10 minutes it rained really hard but it had no effect on the birds they loved it, it is now 6.40pm and we still have 4 birds flying, then landing and cracking off again. The birds are in tip top condition, we wish everyone the very best of luck, I will put the basket list for Hot Spot 2 on the web at approx 11.30am tomorrow.

The weather for Hot Spot 2 looks good, but we will be having an afternoon liberation, this is because many organisations have basketed Saturday for a Sunday race, my thoughts are that some may have panicked, I think they would have got a liberation around 2.00pm tomorrow, don't forget you £5 for ago at guessing the arrival time of the first bird. The pools have come in thick and fast you can view this on the pools page.

I have been and stocked up on refreshments, as stated Annette will have the BBQ on the go, so come along and enjoy yourselves,

We still have 6 ventures for sale, if you want to be in with a chance of winning big money then grab one before Hot Spot 2, the price increases after this Hot Spot Race, these birds have never missed a trainer and they came well from Hot Spot 1.

BIG POOLS THIS WEEK CHECK OUT THE ENTRIES TO DATE ON THE POOLS SHEETS PAGE

Until Next Time Remember Who Dares Wins

Return to “Who Dares Wins - One Loft Race”