Jan/Feb Update 2015 -

The UK's Premier One-Loft Race From FRANCE. THE ULTIMATE IN ONE LOFT RACING.
willie reynolds

Jan/Feb Update 2015 -

Post by willie reynolds »

26th February

Hi everyone and welcome to our new website, I think Leon has done a great job and this is only the start, different posts etc will be continually added as the months progress.

I must however apologise for not having posted anything for a couple of days but at the moment things are a little difficult time wise, my father is in hospital and my Mum does not drive so I am taking her to see him.

Now for the latest in and around the loft, well the birds are in superb order we do have over 60 now in the loft, with more coming over the next couple of days I hope to update the ring list tomorrow but I am still learning the different functions on our new web site so please be patient, all the youngsters are going through the traps as we would want at this stage, when I need to change things then I will feed them accordingly but at the moment its important they have a good start.

Remember Who Dares Wins Gary,Annette & Rob

18th February

Another great day to-day weather wise, the youngsters were out in the aviaries most of the day to-day basking in the sun, we added the first two lot's of squeakers from the Emerald Isle and a fine bunch they are, all of perfect age, we are very fortunate the loft gets the sun virtually all day long and don't the pigeon's love it, we have more birds coming Friday and Saturday, again we have continued to educate all the youngsters with regards trapping the way we want them, they are also getting to know what the cane is about, its surprising how quick they learn.

Only 2 Days Bidding left, this is the one and only chance to secure an entry's into this years race, don't miss out over £49,000 is up for grabs.

Children with Cancer UK Charity Auction highest bid to date for a team of 3 of your own birds entered into our race is £300.00

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

17th February

Hi, the first of the Irish contingent have been collected this morning by G&R Couriers for FREE….. what about this for service, the birds will be at the loft by 4.00am tomorrow so pick up in Ireland and delivered within 16 hours unbelievable but that's what you get when you use pigeon fanciers and not van/car driver's etc, the birds in the loft are coming on superb, we have continued to catch them and put them through the traps by hand, yes it takes a lot of time but we will get the rewards later, I spoke with Leon yesterday and the new web site is coming along great it won't be much longer before it goes live.

I would like to thank all who have bid to date on the Charity it is much appreciated, Children with Cancer UK Charity Auction highest bid to date for a team of 3 of your own birds entered into our race is £300.00, closing date for bids is Friday 20th, we have also had a £50 donation from my Father Brian Tomlinson, being an ex pigeon fancier he would have liked to bid but as we have always stated no one connected to us is allowed into the race, I am sure all will appreciate his very kind gesture just as we do.

15th February

Children with Cancer UK Charity Auction highest bid to date for a team of 3 of your own birds entered into our race is £210.00, closing date for bids is Friday 20th.

14th February

Children with Cancer UK Charity Auction highest bid to date for a team of 3 of your own birds entered into our race is £180.00, closing date for bids is Friday 20th. We have had more arrivals to-day and more coming tomorrow, the birds are a cracking bunch and are in fine fettle we could not be more pleased, just spoke with Leon who is building our new web site and everything is coming together nicely, we hope to go Live early next week. This afternoon my beloved Derby County are playing Reading in the FA Cup so its off to the IPRO stadium for me to cheer the boy's on, Annette will put the babies to bed just as she does most other day's.

12th February

As promised the Children with Cancer UK Charity Auction highest bid to date for a team of 3 of your own birds entered into our race is £120.00, I would like to thank Steve and the Staff of the BHW for an excellent advert and this was done for free so we will add the cost of a half page advert to the total monies, closing date for bids is Friday 20th February.

The birds are in great form absolutely bombing through the traps, we have more arriving on Saturday and Sunday plus the first birds from the Emerald Isle coming in early next week, the three of us sat down to-day to discuss various aspects about our race and have decided that if anyone was unfortunate to lose all 3 of their birds before the first Hot Spot Race then you will get One FREE entry in 2016 race, not much more to report, if we get more bids on the Charity Auction I will update tomorrow.

11th February

Hi, we have more birds are arriving daily, the work has really started we are catching and hand putting them through the traps every day, most have really grasped what its about and are looking great, all are eating well and the droppings are great, we are feeding Vanrobaey's Breed & Wean this is a great mixture for youngsters which have just been weaned, this year we are using only Vanrobaey's mixes which as many are aware is absolute top quality, Vanrobaey's have sponsored the loft this year along with Astbury Pigeon Supplies, I have to thank Roger, Pat, Greg & Andrew Sutton who all worked tirelessly to get Vanrobaey's on board we really appreciate everything you have done for us.

In the BHW tomorrow you will see our advert for the Children with Cancer UK Charity Auction, this is how it will work, we are donating a team of 3 birds which will be your own not Ventures, the highest bidder by Saturday 14th February will get a 3 bird team entry into the loft, all proceeds will go to the charity, usual cost is £500 but remember this loft has been full since December you will be racing for over £49,000 so it will be worth going that bit extra if needed to get involved with the greatest One Loft Race in the UK & Ireland, best of luck to all.

Remember Who Dares Wins

Gary,Annette & Rob

8th February

Its all go at the loft, we now have 8 birds in and what a cracking bunch they are, both myself and Annette was saying these 8 squeakers are the perfect age, they have now been through the traps 3 times all by hand they are pulling to get at the traps, we have also left the bob wires down this year but there is no hesitation, I put the bath in this morning the two fantails were straight in, the youngsters were slightly hesitant but they eventually had a dip, it's a glorious morning and the song birds are really busy which is a sign spring is coming fast, the Rooks have checked out the hole in the tree next to the loft so it look's as though they will be nesting in there again this year, not much more we can report on at the moment, hopefully the new web site will be running in the next fortnight, we can then get some video's etc posted on the site, please just be patient.

Remember Who Dares Wins

Gary,Annette & Rob

4th February

Here we go, yes the first bird arrived to-day this was one of a 3 bird team entered by the Brian's Venture Team, the youngster was bred by top local fancier Pete Inkle from Wirksworth, the bird was immediately inoculated and given a Tricho table it was then put through the traps, I went down after an hour or so and the youngster was laid in the loft on its wing happy and content, we do have a couple of fantail hens in the section as well to keep the lone ranger company but tomorrow we are picking up more birds and also Friday we are collecting birds from the Channel Islands, Remember again all the birds for Who Dares Wins are collected by G&R Couriers and delivered for FREE, so yes its game on and how excited we all are, just as we did last year the squeakers education starts straight away for e.g they are all caught by hand and put through the traps, this we do for the first 2 weeks of them being in the loft and trust me they never forget it.

The Charity auction of a 3 bird team will commence on Saturday 14th February and will run until Saturday 21st February all proceeds will go to Children With Cancer UK registration number is 298405, the winning bidder/s will be informed and your birds will again be collected for FREE by G&R Couriers so you are already saving money by not having courier fee's, remember this is your last opportunity to enter the greatest One Loft Race in the UK with Prize Money in excess of £49,000 this loft has been full since December so don't miss this great chance, full details on how to bid will be in next week's edition of the BHW and on the web site next week. the very best of luck to all

Remember Who Dares Wins

Gary,Annette & Rob

31st January

Well what a few days its been, the weather has really took a turn for the worse, I set off for Ireland on Thursday going through West Wales, the main roads were pretty good but up in the valleys it was terrible, no gritters out here you have to feel for these people, the worse of it was it was freezing as the snow came down, well I returned home last night at 11.00pm, at the loft all is good we have three lots of birds arriving next week, as some may know we are in the process of setting up a new web site which should be on stream around 15th February, then as the birds arrive I will input their details straight onto this site, its all exciting we do hope to have web cams and live streaming etc, we will do our best. I am off to Cardiff to-day to see my beloved Derby County play, mind it's not all pleasure I have 3 lots of birds to deliver on my way, C'Mon You Rams.

Remember Who Dares Wins

Gary,Annette & Rob

25th January

Hi again, I would like to start by congratulating all fanciers who got birds home yesterday in the SCMDPR, winning 1st UK & 38th Open was Guy's Loft with a bird named quite appropriate Wendy's Little Gem what an outstanding performance in such a tough race, also well done to Maurice O'Donnell who was 1st Ireland & 107 Open both these fanciers also had more birds home thus is the quality of stock they must have, also well done to local fancier Steve Burton ( SW Fairways Syndicate ) who had 3 birds home quite high up, It does appear the birds hit a freak storm with heavy rain this could not be helped.

Now for our loft, we have had to turn away more entries this week, I am very sorry but we are chocca block full but you still have a chance of entering a 3 bird team, we are putting a 3 bird team up for auction, with all proceeds going to a children's charity this will be advertised in the BHW so come on this will be your only chance of getting into the race if not already entered. I have had quite a few phone calls from fanciers who have entered asking when they can bring in their super stars, the first birds I think will be from the Channel Islands, yes again my good friend Nigel Legg has entered a team, thanks buddy and enjoy your holiday down under mate or should it be ''good day mate'' .

Remember Who Dares Wins

Gary,Annette & Rob

20th January

Hi fanciers, we have been really busy to-day, myself and Rob started early this morning with the drainage installation, Rob did a great job on the mini digger, all the pipe work was installed and compete within 3 hours, nest job was the bricking in etc, well it was not the ideal weather for brick work but with a few chemicals added the gobbo went off pretty well, tomorrow we are having the Aco drainage delivered these will be installed over the coming week.

Next was Ray Lunt & Gary Wall who delivered the rest of the Young Bird perches, Ray & Gary have done a great job and they fit like a glove, the youngsters don't know how lucky they are, whilst Ray and Gary was there they took a good look around, they were very impressed with the set up their words was it's perfect, when I told them the loft was full they said you cant beat that and it's only January, we spoke in depth about pigeons and their knowledge was immense thus thats why they are top fanciers, well thanks guys for all your efforts.

As we quoted on Monday the loft is now Full but we have decided to add another team which will be auctioned off for charity, how this will work is the highest bidder will get the option to enter their own team of birds, we will post more about this next week, I am not sure yet which site will run the auction, for me Pigeon Chat would be the best site but we will have to see. The prize money based on the entries we have will be a massive £50,000 this will however be finalised by 20th of April when all the birds are in the loft, but what I must add is everyone entered has paid a deposit plus many are paid up in full so it's positivity all the way.

Remember Who Dares Wins

Gary,Annette & Rob

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

18th January

Hi, well its superb news the loft is ''FULL FULL FULL'' yes we have all our entries for 2015 plus reserves, this is fantastic news and we are over the moon, I went up to Blackpool to-day mainly to deliver a few pigeons for various fanciers, we had no reason to have a trade stand because the loft was already FULL, I was accompanied by my dad who came along for the ride, it is about 8 years since he last visited the show and he commented on how much things had changed plus he said it's not as busy as it used to be, we didn't go more than 10 steps before being stopped and asked how are the race entries going, all I could say was we are FULL and sorry, there is no doubting we have a massive year a head of us, you have put your trust in us so we will now work hard and do our upmost to ensure we give every pigeon a great chance of winning the jackpot, we would like to thank everyone who has entered and again we are sorry to those who have missed out.

Unlike any other One Loft WE DUDUCT NOTHING FROM YOUR POOLS, WHATS IN THE POT IS PAID OUT.

FREE FREE FREE Delivery..

Again unlike any other One Loft Race entrants have no carriage charges to pay and birds will be picked up at the door, entrants from Germany, Holland & Belgium have NO shipping costs, this is down to the excellent service G&R Couriers are providing, remember this company does not use third parties so your birds are not passed from Van to Van.

Remember Who Dares Wins

Gary,Annette & Rob

6th January

Hi Everyone, First of all Happy New Year & Hopefully a Prosperous 2015 to you all.

It was 52 years to the day that god created a pigeon fanatic, yes it's my birthday so it's a day of rest… ah if only, this morning we have removed all the V perches from the loft, we have decided to have young bird lift off perches throughout, these have been made by Hi Line ( Ray Lunt ) and a great job he has done, also yesterday we had the vaccine arrive so we are all set at this end, well nearly, over the next couple of weeks Rob will be installing a new drainage system in front of the aviary, this we need because every night we jet wash and disinfect the aviary floors thus reducing any risk of disease. We expect the first entries to arrive early in February, we can't wait thus is the excitement here, in truth over the last couple on months its been quite boring, mind we did pair up the Daniel Aerens & Jos Van Olmen birds which was purchased by Rob as late breeds in 2013, they were not bred from in 2014 just left alone to mature, in November prior to pairing we treated them with a multi purpose medication, all appears well because within 12 days all had laid up which is good for the time of year, most of the first round are sold but youngsters will be available from mid February onwards, both Daniel and Jos are outstanding long distance fanciers, remember we do-not race anymore ourselves so nothing is retained.

I must remind fanciers that we do-not have a stand at Blackpool Show, but I may possibly go over for the day on Sunday, but I would not be surprised if the loft was not full before Blackpool.

Unlike any other One Loft WE DUDUCT NOTHING FROM YOUR POOLS, WHATS IN THE POT IS PAID OUT.

FREE FREE FREE Delivery..

Again unlike any other One Loft Race entrants have no carriage charges to pay and birds will be picked up at the door, entrants from Germany, Holland & Belgium have NO shipping costs, this is down to the excellent service G&R Couriers are providing, remember this company does not use third parties so your birds are not passed from Van to Van.

Remember Who Dares Wins

Gary,Annette & Rob

Return to “Who Dares Wins - One Loft Race”