April Update 2015 -

The UK's Premier One-Loft Race From FRANCE. THE ULTIMATE IN ONE LOFT RACING.
willie reynolds

April Update 2015 -

Post by willie reynolds »

28th April

What a day, most of the older youngsters flew really well to-day, we did have a kit of around 50 which would not drop these birds flew over 2 hours, yes this sounds great but it delayed the next team, I did give all the birds a little tonic and this will continue for 4 more days so obviously this has helped, also to-day they had their first taste of top mixture Vanrobaeys Racing Exclusive 39 mixed with Vanrobaeys Liege & Junior GT. We are not quite ready yet for lets call them the middle team to join the older ones, yes they are out flitting around etc but we need these to gain confidence on their own before pushing them, so tomorrow these will go out first, the last team of birds will all be assigned by Monday these birds are doing all what is asked, all the birds are now in the loft and the doors are closed for 2015 unless as promised we have any casualties, whilst I am on the touchy subject of casualties if anyone was to lose all their entries before the first hot spot then we have a couple of options available but lets not tempt fait, not much more to report only to say I am knackered and off to bed.

Until Next Time Remember Who Dares Wins Gary,Annette & Rob

27th April

Well were does the time go you no sooner start with the birds when the alarm goes off 4.55pm just 5 minutes to darkening the loft, we have had a good 4 days weather wise and the birds are really coming on, tomorrow we will change the feeding pattern of the older birds this is done so they will fly longer and really start roaming, to date all has gone great but it is over the couple of weeks as the birds go for an hour so that they are vulnerable and we could get casualties ( Hawk Strikes ), whilst they are exercising around the loft we can protect them. The youngest batch are being put through the traps daily but thank God this is the last 100 anyone who comes and witnesses how well the older birds trap will see why we take the trouble to train them the trap is the only way into the loft, not much more to report, I hope racing is going well for everyone.

23rd April

Hi, I must say I am sorry for not updating last night but the reason was after darkening the loft at 5.00pm I had to go collecting birds for Rob, he is so busy running G&R Couriers he needed a hand out, if anyone out there does wish to earn £90 per day working for G&R Couriers then contact Rob on 07527862635

Now for yesterday, well as promised we did give the second test to 185 birds and all came through O.K which is a massive improvement on 2014, we now only have around 100 to concur the test which will be next week, we did however have to stand out on the field for over 4 hours before we got all the birds through the traps, I am very pleased at the moment, next week things will step up a gear for the older birds, it is very misty this morning but the sun is forecast to burn this away by mid morning, well thats it for now back to work I go.

21st April

We have had a very busy day, we assigned another 185 birds but did not have time to test them, weather permitting tomorrow they will definitely get stage 2 of their education, we had to call is a day no later than 1.30pm, this is the latest we will feed the birds or they will have a full crop when darkening the loft this is not good, the birds need to digest their feed, its bad enough playing around with nature thus the darkness system so everything else we try to keep as natural as possible. The doors are now closed with the exemption of 5 pigeons, we could have took them in this week but they were only 21 days old so for the welfare of the birds and to give the fanciers the best chance we agreed to another week, at this loft the birds welfare comes first, 21 day old youngsters would have struggled against some of the monsters we have in the youngest section.

19th April

Well not long now before the doors close, the last birds are on their way from Ireland and Wales the loft list will get the final update and its all systems go, we would like to thank all who have supported our 2015 race, be assured we will do our upmost to get your birds to the final, the birds themselves are in great condition many are now body moulting which they should be after 3 weeks on the dark, it’s a great sign when all the youngsters are eating up as we all know if you see any trying to pick out small seeds then you can be assured these birds are coming down with YBS feeding time is the best time to pick out any birds which are under the mark. The birds don’t go out on Saturday due to the many racers coming over the loft so I took the decision to worm the older birds, next week I will worm the younger team, what is important after worming you must completely disinfect the whole loft this we did to-day the birds also enjoyed a nice warm bath this morning, it is my aim over the next couple of days weather permitting to have another 150 going through their second test, fingers crossed they will do as the others have to date and take this in their stride.

16th April

What a day, only just come in from jet washing and disinfecting the aviaries, the older birds really are shaping up well, the extra 100 we added are 99.9% perfect, just the odd one or two which have not grasped that if they don’t trap then they get no feed just water, for e.g to-day 280 out 278 in within 4 minutes so we are winning, again we are not making them fly but it is some sight watching them batching up, our aim next week is to split another 150 which have now been here approx 2 weeks first assign the birds and then give them their second test, we only have birds which came last week and this week to concentrate on intensively, we are collecting the last of this years entries over the weekend, these are from Ireland and Wales then its doors closed, what a great job Rob the owner of G&R Couriers has done, all entries collected for free as promised unless delivered by fanciers, well this years Prize Money is already guaranteed just look on the race info page, thats it for now, supper then bed and up at 4.00am in the morning.

14th April

The weather has been superb to-day so we crated up the 100 pigeons which were assigned yesterday to take on their second test, we turned out the older youngsters and they flew very well so as the birds started to land we opened the small lid on the crate so the birds could come out one at a time to join them, well that is what we wanted, but things never go to plan do they, around 30 decided to do as they pleased, as I write this update we have one left to get in through the traps so although I have been on the field for 5 hours tempting the birds to come in it has been worth it, the one which is not in yet keeps landing on the trap but as I go near he goes onto the loft, have no fear he will be in by night fall, but we have 7 in the aviary for the night, no corn just water but that is the only way to teach youngsters, lets see what happens tomorrow.

Until Next Time Remember Who Dares Wins - Gary,Annette & Rob

13th April

Great news for all who have entered the Who Dares Wins 2015 One Loft Race, We Guarantee the prize money which is quoted on the race info page, yes again we are leading the way that is why this is the Ultimate One Loft Race, you now know exactly what will be the minimum you can win in this years race a massive £49,000 plus 7 Gold Medals, look how this race has progressed in less than 12 months, the team would like to thank everyone who has entered and we are sorry for the many we have had to turn away, but you still have a chance to be in the race by purchasing a venture bird but be quick there is only 17 birds still available.

To-day we assigned another 100 birds but by the time we had finished the skies had gone really dark so we decided to leave test two until tomorrow when the weather forecast is much better, the younger birds were put through the traps and this will continue until next week.

12th April

Well not a great deal to report, the birds all enjoyed a bath this morning the younger birds were also put through the traps, we were unable to turn the others out because the weather from 10.00am onwards has been terrible, very strong South Wind and heavy showers, let’s hope things improve throughout next week, only 4 days left before the loft shuts its doors for our 2015 intake, we do have quiet a few collections booked in for this week, the transporter is back from the body shop we have altered the racking plus had some body work done, it does look quiet tidy and the racking is first class, next it’s the MOT and new curtains.

11th April

Hi everyone, sorry its been a few days since I updated but trust me we have had a real busy week, the week started with a trip to Germany to collect birds from Hardy Kruger, Alfons Klass & Hans-Paul-Eser I needed to be there and back in 24 hours so I drove 1,400 miles none stop, back at the loft the work continued, the birds are really starting to know what is required and are performing as we would expect at this stage, we have 498 birds on the ring list but I have just e-mailed the latest list to Leon we now have 504 fully activated birds in the loft and more arriving over the next week so all is going well. The red ring birds get their big test on Monday if all goes well they will then join the big boys and girls, the youngest birds are being put through the traps every day by hand and I expect by the 25th of April all the birds to have passed stage 2 of their education, it was a good decision to close the loft no later than the 16th of April this is 5 weeks earlier than last year, Remember don’t miss a chance to get in on the act, we do have a few ventures for sale but trust me these will soon be sold especially after the way the venture birds from these same lofts performed in last years race.

5th April

Another excellent day to-day, the younger ones were again put through the traps and all is O.K, the older birds are starting to roam which is a good sign the birds are happy, healthy and confident in the sky, we had a batch of 18 go for over an hour returning in 3 and 4s and one came at 5.45pm this evening I turned them out at 1.00pm, it looks as though they must have got in with some trainers, now for the loft update, I have to apologise because although Leon talked me through updating the loft list I am afraid I have failed I did try for over 3 hours yesterday evening but could not get things right, we do now have 450 birds in the loft, I intend to e-mail the new loft list to Leon on Wednesday because there will not be many more birds to come into the loft by then, I have to say a massive thanks to Rod Bain from Inverness, this guy is travelling down with his birds, O.K I am meeting him in Manchester but he was prepared to bring them to the loft, it just so happens that we are having birds collected from Liverpool and Stoke tomorrow as well.

More Venture birds have been sold, there is only 25 left for sale so don’t drag your feet remember the ventures raced out of their skins last year and you have to be in it to win nit

2nd April

Great day to-day the birds we assigned yesterday passed their second test with flying colours, the only down side was we did have 3 pigeons which thought it was good to mess around and show no interest in going through the traps, as always all the birds were darkened at 5.00pm and these same 3 birds were still playing around on the landing board, by 5.30pm they had decided to go through the traps but they will not get the comfort of the loft they will spend the night in the aviary no feed but they do have water, be assured they won’t mess around tomorrow, we also split the red team from the others they have moved up 2 sections these birds have been here two weeks so they must also learn what is expected play time is over, we will assign the red team next week, not much longer now we will soon have the doors closed for 2015 then the work really will start.

1st April

We were able to do a fair amount with the birds to-day although the weather was still very unsettled and at times we had heavy showers, we have assigned all the green team and tomorrow weather permitting they will move up into section 3 and join the older birds, we will then split the red team from the others the red team have been with us for 2 weeks so it is time to step them up a gear, this will leave the Orange and Yellow team to continue their education for the next 14 days, we do still have around 100 birds to come in but many have rung and booked in over the next two weeks, keep an eye on the ring list, I will be attempting the ring list updates myself as birds arrive, Leon is taking a well deserved break with his family and has talked me through updating the ring list so fingers crossed all goes well but please be patient as I am a pigeon fancier not a computer wizard or soft ware designer. If anyone is thinking about getting a venture bird and would like to come to the loft and view or handle them then please contact us.

Some 2014 results achieved by venture pigeons.. Hot Spot 1 birds were 2nd and 20th, Hot Spot 2 birds were 8th and 9th, Hot Spot 3 birds were 1st, 20th, 11th and 13th, Hot Spot 4 birds were 1st, 2nd, 7th and 9th, Hot Spot 5 birds were 2nd, 5th and 10th, Final Race from France 295 Miles in a North East Wind birds were 2nd, 6th, 11th, 14th, 20th, 21st, 38th, 40th and 56th, absolutely outstanding Oh i forgot also the Ace pigeon was a venture bred by Karl & Tom Hufkins but because it was not purchased before the first Hot Spot it did not qualify, birds from this top Belgium loft raced outstanding, don’t sit on the fence and miss out, I again selected these venture birds, I spoke with Eric Ceulamans and told him of the performances achieved by the ventures in 2014 his words i have selected birds to win, his words not mine.

Until Next Time Remember Who Dares Wins -Gary,Annette & Rob

Return to “Who Dares Wins - One Loft Race”