The future of our sport - at NCC

New scribe to cover Northern Ireland, all the news reports here plus all the info on his Charity Sales.
willie reynolds

The future of our sport - at NCC

Post by willie reynolds »

The future of our sport...

As i left home this morning the sun was shining, the birds where singing and i was in great form and excited not only for the first race of the season of 2015 for both NIPA and the Ulster Fed but i was also excited for my first visit to the NCC (North Coast Classic) one loft race where i was delivering my solo entry with the chance of winning £12,000 for the first place pigeon in the final race. I was welcomed by one of the loft managing team called willie who greeted me and asked had i been to the lofts before to which i replied no, on that note he lead me down the garden explaining how the one loft race is run and basically sharing every detail about the set up of this being a very successful one loft race for quite a few years now which is growing from strength to strength every year. I was very impressed with how each bird was treated and medically looked after before even getting into the loft, to which then they would slowly move through the 140ft of lofts in stages whilst being treated against the usual treatments. Whilst sipping on my cup of tea and enjoying a nice slice of apple tart while talking to some of the loft management i was impressed to hear that not only is this one loft race getting alot of interest within Ireland/Northern Ireland but also all over the UK which for me is a good sign for the sport of pigeon racing as i do believe that these one loft races are the future of our sport. I would just like to personally thank the management team of the NCC for their fantastic hospitality along with their hard work and deciation to which they put into this one loft race for us the fanciers.
Keep up the good work and look forward to meeting you lot again for the hot spot races and the Final race.
"Flying start with Ross Kelly"

Return to “"Flying Start with Ross Kelly"”