Mickos Pictorial - Kildare (2) 26/04/15

Click here for all the latest news and results for the Ulster Federation.
willie reynolds

Mickos Pictorial - Kildare (2) 26/04/15

Post by willie reynolds »

Mickos Independent Fed Pictorial 2nd Kildare OB’s 26 April 2015

This week’s race was from Kildare again but the big difference this week was the wind the weather for Saturday hadn’t been forecast to be to good but if it was anything like Belfast clear sky and sunny that said I seen photos fanciers from around the Dublin area posted on facebook and it was lashing down heavy rain so it looks like the Fed NIPA and EDC made a good call Sunday again it was lovely around Belfast sunny with blue sky and little cloud but really cold the first batch of birds I seen at about 10;15 just came over the top of the day center behind me a single story building hardly clearing the ridge of the roof then the next batch was up high all of the fanciers I spoke to had good returns with the comments like “THATS A GOOD ONE THAT WILL HELP TIGHTEN THEM UP “

So onto this week’s winners

The Alexandra HPS 9 MEMBERS SENT 233 BIRDS
Taking the top spot this week and another 3 in the clubs 6 positions Stevie and Joe Fegan racing as Fegan Mc Adorey these guys are some team in the 3 year we are with the club these guys have always been in the Feds winning positions this week winning with a velocity of 1463.75 on behalf of your clubs mates and myself and your much much younger club mates Jack Nadine and Saul very well done.

The Fortfield HPS 23 MEMBERS SENT 445 BIRDS
Winning the Fortfield this week was Artie O Hanalon who also took 11th position flying 1491 the 2nd club position was flying 1466 so Artie was well out in front and i believe is looking very well seated to take a spot in the Feds top 5 possibly 2nd or 3rd.

The Wheatfield HPS 12 MEMBERS SENT 285 BIRDS
Taking 2 of the clubs winning positions this week is the team of P & M Travers winning with a velocity of 1472.427 flying a checker hen bred by themselves from birds gifted to them by Paddy Mc Manus Ahoghill

The Andersonstown RPC 11 MEMBERS SENT 231
Winning this week is the race team of Joe Kennedy & Son ( Joe ) taking 4 of the clubs 8 positions and winning first and second with a velocity of 1487 with decimal points separating 1st and 2nd places this week

The Ballymacarrot HPS 5 MEMBERS SENT 119 BIRDS
Following on from last weeks success and taking the top 3 again this week D Mc Elhome Davey flying a velocity of 1466 this is the second win in a row after winning last week as well this hen was brought in from Belgium on John Hollandgers trip

The Grosvenor HPS 22 MEMBERS SENT 450 BIRDS
This is a team that have been winning at club level and Fed level for more years than most of us would care to remember J Ward & Son ( Joe Divis Lofts Belfast ) with a velocity of 1494 taking 1st 3rd and 4th from 3 of a drop getting split by P Farrelly & Son who took 2nd place (as well as 5th and 6thplaces) with the first 3 places all the birds had a velocity of 1494 and decimal points deciding the winner which was a Gaby Vandenabeele yearling cock never raced before and bred by Joe’s good friend at Glenview Lofts Scotland and looks likely that Divis Lofts will take the top slot in the Fed this week

The Glen Invatation HPS 15 MEMBERS SENT 255 BIRDS
G&G Toner winner this week in the Glen winning with a Lambrechts x Gaby Vandenabeele bred by himself the cock was from the NCC aucition in 2013 this is the second winner hes bred , the dam , was bred by Joe Ward & Son , shes Vandenabeele and not only that but Gerry also took second place as well the winning volicity 1486

This week the NIPA were in Tullamore and if like me you haven’t a clue were that is its in county Offaly thats the county next to Kildare where the fed was just over 100 miles to Belfast

The Colin HPS 6 MEMBERS SENT 171 BIRDS
Picking up where they finished off last week the winning team of J & D Braniff Joe & David taking 1st 2nd 4th 5th 6th and 7th places the rest of the 10 spots were won by j Gregory and Sons flying 1527 with a Vandenabeele & Jansenn bird bred by themselves they also came 1st Section C and 39th Open

Last week’s Fed was won by Spence Bros Lagan Valley with a winning velocity of 1480 taking 1st 2nd 4th and 5th getting spilt by Joe Ward & Son (Grosvenor HPS flying 1478) so very very well done lads
Taking 17th place in the Fed last week our club mate Tommy Lyttle well done chara

AS YOU HAVE SEEN FROM THE BRITTANNIA REPORT ANYONE SENDING TEXT OR VOICE MAIL PLEASE INCLUDE A PHONE NUMBER OF THE WINNER ME TO CONTACT FOR A PHOTO AND IT WOULD BE NICE TO COVER ALL FED CLUBS
So that rounds up this week’s report Franko and myself hope you enjoyed it and a very well done to everyone who took a club or Fed card

Return to “Ulster Federation”