Mickos Pictorial - Thurles (2) 09/05/15

Click here for all the latest news and results for the Ulster Federation.
willie reynolds

Mickos Pictorial - Thurles (2) 09/05/15

Post by willie reynolds »

Mickos Independent Fed Pictorial 2nd Thurles 9th May 2015
Well that’s the 4th race of the season over us and doesn’t it come around fast the 9th of May seen us back in Thurles and I’m sure you will all be happy to hear it hadn’t moved from the weekend before county Tipperary roughly 155 miles to Belfast and with reports from fancier living near to the liberation site was of clear skies with little wind and that give for good returns
So let’s start

ALEXANDRA 8 MEMBERS SENT 203 BIRDS
Take 3 of the clubs to 6 positions was Stevie and Joe Fagan from the Fegan & McAdorey team winning this week with the bird that was last week’s first Fed winner a Pettis Fabienne bird they breed from their own stock and flying 1556.7 from all your club mates very well done lads

GLEN INVITATION 14 MEMBERS SENT 209 BIRDS
For the 3rd time in 4 weeks the top slot in the Glen goes to Farmer (Liam Brown) with a winning velocity this week of 1523.4 and taking 2 of the clubs top 6 positions and this bird is a nest mate to last week’s winner Johnston Bros (Martin & Diddler) x Ian Parsons

BALLYMACARROT
Davy Mc Elhome Billy Mc Elhome flying this week 1559.1 with a Harthog x Newyertlarts this bird was also like previous winner from this team brought on a trip to Belgium with John Hollandinger (maybe I should think about booking) but this week’s winner won the Shamrock 2 Bird last season and also won £300 for the team in the Eastway Gold Ring Race well done Davy and Billy

FORTFIELD: 25 MEMBERS SENT 519 BIRDS
Winning the club for the 2nd time this season Rab & Margaret Mc Manus flying 1546 I haven’t been able to contact Rab to give you the breed of bird but very well done

BRITTANNIA 7 MEMBERS SENT 140 BIRDS
In the Brittannia this week’s winner were the Mc Gann Bros flying 1545 and taking 4 of the clubs top 6 positions with a Grondelaer x Huston the team breed themselves from stock this is the second win of the season for this team

WEST BELFAST HPS 21 MEMBERS SENT 350 BIRDS
Winning the West this week with a velocity of 1553 was the race team of Mark (Johnty) Johnston & Son (William) with a half brother to Bobby’s Boy the Penzance Classic Winner now some of you are maybe wondering was Johnty not taking a break well that was the plan but personal circumstances change and when I asked mark he said Mick we went to the Dublin show last year I came home with 8 birds that weren’t sold and more out of boredom and for a bit of craic we decided to race them as they were too good to be left in the aviary and wasn’t Mark and William right

GROSVENOR 22 MEMBERS SENT 473 BIRDS
Taking 3 of the top 10 club slots this week the father and son race team of P Farrelly & Son (Peter & Peter) this week flying 1559.8 with a bird breed by themselves from a bird they brought from the Grosvenor breeder buyer belonging to Paul & Kathleen Mc Carthy and looking like the possible Fed winners this week and what a season these 2 guys are having 1st Kildare they were 6th Fed, 2nd Kildare 2nd 5th 6th Fed, 1st Thurles 2nd Fed but hopefully this week the guys will take the top slot when visiting with the lads the loft is l shaped and the race team was moved from one end of the loft to the other the first few races the birds were still trying to trap in their old section but looking like the birds have the heads on straight now and hitting home

ANDERSONSTOWN RPC 11 MEMBERS SENT 260 BIRDS
Martin and Michael the Johnston bros winning this week with a self bred lambrecht and flying 1555 and this is the second win of the season for the 2 lads

WHEATFIELD 12 MEMBERS SENT 216 BIRDS
J+D Braniff flying 1552.7 and taking 2 of the top 8 positions winning this week with a vandenabeele bird that they breed themselves this bird also came 2nd club 2nd Kildare and 2nd club 1st Thurles and if these guys aren’t winning in the Wheatfield then it’s the Colin with the NIPA well done lads

COLIN HPS 6 sent 162
The NIPA this week where in Corrin
Winning the Colin this week the father and son race team of O & M Monaghan (Owen & Michael) flying 1719 1st club 11 Section D 31st Open this Staf Van Reet has 2 x 1st and a 2nd place cards also I have to confess the NIPA sounds a bit mad to me Owen and Michael fly in the same club as J&D Braniff but Joe & David are Section C so you could end up with 2 section winners in the Colin HPS from the same race so who are some of the names is Section D well we have this week’s open winners P & J Boal taken 1st, 2nd & 8th Section AND Open, and they are having some season 3rd Section 3rd Open J Gibb & Son, 4, 5 & 7th Section and 4, 5 & 7th Open Jeff Greenaway and thats just 3 of the well known names from Section D so very well done to Owen and Michael

All that remains is to say very well done to all the winners

You can also catch us on facebook on any of these pages

Michael O Neill (with our loft logo)
Winners north and south Ireland
Racing pigeons N I
Ards HPS NIPA Sec “F”
Pigeon racing uk
Ballymumpigeonflyingclub
In the loft
Up in the sky with masters
Derry racing pigeons
Pigeon racing results 2015