Mickos Pictorial - Fermoy 16/05/15

Click here for all the latest news and results for the Ulster Federation.
willie reynolds

Mickos Pictorial - Fermoy 16/05/15

Post by willie reynolds »

Last week seen the Fed in Fermoy down the bottom of Ireland near to Cork coming in at just under 200 miles to Belfast and it sets the birds up nicely for this weeks race from Skibbereen the weather at the liberation point was good with all club member reporting good returns in Belfast it started drizzling rain just as the birds were starting to arrive and something i remembered from last year 1 of our birds arrived from a race im standing there with Jack Nadine and Saul blowing on the whistle and that bird set on the roof lifted one wing and them the other for the rain drops and the kids in the background granda get it in quick a nightmare but here thats all part and parcel to our sport looking at the velicitys it was a very tight race with decimal points separating all the Fed winners

So starting us of this week

FORTFIELD 23 MEMBERS SENT 444 BIRDS

Artie o Hanlon heres a man i real admire i would have seen Artie at different sales in the Grosvenor HPS and very often asked myself how does that man keep pigeons he must have someone who comes in and sees to them for him but thats not the case Artie sees to it ALL himself and very much hands on you see Arties on a wheelchair this will be Arties 3rd win of the season flying 1687 with a Gaby Vandenabeele X Maurice Fertuce bird that was breed by himself now your maybe thinking to yourself mickos taking to many pain killers he wrote that a couple of weeks ago and your 100% because this is the sames birds 3rd win so very well done Artie

BRITTANNIA 7 MEMBERS SENT 127 BIRDS

Taking top slot this week againwith a blue check hen the Mc Gann Bros flying 1681 with a Grondelaer x Huston the team breed themselves from stock and just like Artie O Hanlon from the Fortfield this is the 3rd win of the season for this team well done lads

ANDERSONSTOWN RPC 11 MEMBERS SENT 221 BIRDS

making it a hot trick of fancier this week winning for the 3rd time this season is the race team of Joe Kennedy & Son (Joe) flying 1687 and taking 3 of the clubs top 8 positions winning again with a Crehan O Connor Manchester breed bird a grandson of Mystique and the 2nd win of the season and was 8th Fed last week from Fermoy and looking like another Fed card this week well done

Apologies to our club mates Joe and Stevie Fagan of the Fagan Mc Adory race team who last week chalked up their 3rd 1st club win very well done lads

BALLYMACARRETT 5 MEMBERS SENT 88 BIRDS

In Ballymacarrett winning this week again making 5 wins in 5 races and this week taking the first 5 of 10 positions was J Mc Elhome & Son B Mc Elhome winning with a Dutch breed bird that a friend of his father got for Davy the birds called Classy Katherine with a winning velocity 1689.4 she really is Classy with just getting beat by decimal points for the Feds top slot this teams having a great season

GLEN INVITATION 12 MEMBERS SENT 190 BIRDS

K Nolan & Son (Kevin & Tony) winning their first race of the season flying 1684 with a Kevin Rooney hen x G P Brown cock and the 2 lads fly on the natural system

GROSVENOR 21 MEMBERS SENT 456 BIRDS

Now heres another race team A & A Ferran and as Tony the father told me young Tony whos about 66 has taken over now anyone who knows Tony will tell you hes good craic and working as a bricky on a building site you have to be able to take a winding up many a time I have heard guys when Tony talks about racing “a heres write the books again” but I tell you all if he did I would buy it as no one can say this man cant race a pigeon winning this week with a bred by himself from stock and flying 1690 and looking to be the likely Fed winner this week this bird herself has won 2 Feds and 2 x 3rd Feds her breeding is the sir a Skibbereen Derby winner 2nd Open Tullamore NIPA the dam is a J & D Braniff Vandenabeele that Tony brought from the sale for Jim (Lenny) Lennon & Gerald Forgonie following their deaths Tony flies his own widowhood roundabout system and its working for him so its a very well done chara

WHEATFIELD 11 MEMBERS SENT 178 BIRDS

these guys are having some season but theres nothing new in that J+D Braniff flying 1664 and taking 4 of the clubs top 8 slots winning again with a Gaby Vandenabeele what can you say about Joe and David that hasn’t been said before they also took the top slot the Colin HPS well done lads

the NIPA this week were in Pilmore Beach thats roughly 217 miles from Belfast and for those like myself who don’t know where that is its east of Cork at the bottom of Ireland 943 members sent 26,342 birds condisions at the release point were good

Colin HPS 6 MEMBERS SENT 195 BIRDS

Winning this week again is the race team of J & D Braniff flying 1626 with all 3 birds coming together all 3 are Gaby Vandenabeeles, 2 cocks on roundabout 1 on widowhood (just on this some people have asked me to ask this of the winners most fanciers i forgot to ask so if we call with winners could you all just remind me thanks) and taking the top 3 of the clubs top 10 slots plus another 4 making it 7 and taking 4, 5, 6, 9, Section C and coming 9, 10, 11, 22, Open and thats against over 26,000 birds to me thats some achievement very very well done lads

And would like to congratulate 2 friends of ours who were 1st club (Eastway) 1st Section C and 2nd open NIPA very well done Davy and Hugh (D & J Campbell & Bigger)

All that remains on behalf of Franko and myself is to congratulate all the winner and those Fed and NIPA member who we never got too VERY WELL DONE and good luck this week and if you would like us to call give us a ring 07731431154

Return to “Ulster Federation”