Mickos Pictorial - Talbenny (1) 20/05/15

Click here for all the latest news and results for the Ulster Federation.
willie reynolds

Mickos Pictorial - Talbenny (1) 20/05/15

Post by willie reynolds »

Mickos Independent Fed Pictorial 1st TALBENNY 30th May 2015

Well Talbenny in Wales certainly looking like the place to be last Saturday for any fancier who happened to live close by you had the Fed the N,I,P,A and E,D,C to name but 3 pigeon orginisions who liberated birds last Saturday morning the Fed released about 2000 and the N,I,P,A roughly about 14,000 returns were very patchy with a lot of members reporting minimal loses but as one fancier in our club said “if the first Talbenny doesn’t get you the second one will” LETS HOPE HES WRONG

GLEN INVITATION 11 MEMBERS SENT 132 BIRDS

Kicking of this week in the Glen and taking his first win of the season John (The Commander) Jackson flying 1355 and taking 1st and 6th places in the club this bird was 2nd club 13th Fed Bude last season winning this week with a bird that was feeding 2 youngens in the nest and as every granda knows the loft manager names the birds in the photo
John with grandson Brody with his number 1 winner BIRTHDAY CAKE and franko and me think that’s a great name for a bird well done The Commander and Brody

BRITTANNIA 7 MEMBERS SENT 142 BIRDS

What a season these guys are having winning for the 4th time the Mc Gann Bros flying 1328 plus another 2 of the clubs 6 positions taking top slot this week again with a Grondelaer x Huston the team breed themselves from stock super super breeding from these guys well done

BALLYMACARRETT 5 MEMBERS SENT 88

only I know there other members in this club and good fliers at that you would think J Mc Elhone & Son & B Mc Elhone were the only team in this club and what a really great season Davy and Billy are having winning this week again with a velocity of 1390. And taking 5 of the clubs 10 positions this week with a J & D Braniff bird now theres a story to this last year davy and Billy brought a pair from Joe & David the birds were out of raking one day and Davy got a call from David to tell him one of the young birds he had brought had dropped into their loft with half a tail missing so this week’s winner wasn’t raced last season and was a J & D Braniff Vandenabeele and winning on the jealous hen system Davy and Billy also fly in the Eastway H,P S with the N,I,P,A and this week came 3rd and 9th with 2 widowhood Cocks and again Vandenabeeles well done lads

GROSVENOR 18 MEMBERS SENT 228 BIRDS

Carrying on from last weeks race AND the week before making 3 wins in row in a very tough club the race team of A & A Ferran with a velocity of 1439 and just the other week didn’t micko say it looking like big Tonys finding form and this mans hard to beat at any time winning this week with a bird he breed himself of his “GOOD SLATTY COCK” the breeding is Dikki Meermans Van De Bosche flying widowhood this bird was also 1st club Kildare 2nd Fed and 2nd club 2nd Open St Malo Derby last season

FORTFIELD 23 MEMBERS SENT 345 BIRDS

Winning the Fortfield this week the race team of T & T Russell flying 1379. And also winning the Shamrock 2 Bird Classic
I’m sorry I have no photo as I was unable to contact the winning team but very well done lads

WHEATFIELD 9 MEMBERS SENT 90 BIRDS

You see on TV movies about writers getting WRITES BLOCK well I don’t claim to any great scribe but I do try my best and I hope you fanciers out there enjoy the bits I write as much as I enjoy visiting different fanciers but this is getting embarrassing I’m wrecking my head about what to say a both this team if they aren’t winning in the Wheatfield then it’s the Colin with the N,I,P,A AND SOMETIMES BOTH J+D Braniff with a velocity of 1354 taking the first 3 plus 7th positions talking to David earlier he told me she is a hen, bred by ourselves a Jansen x vandenabeele, she already has numerous prizes for us and is flew on the roundabout system
Just on this team if you check my scribbles of the results Davy & Billy Mc Elhome won this week with a J & D bird and Tony Ferran 2 weeks ago in the Fermoy race 16th May won with a J& D bird even when they aren’t flying the birds themselves OTHERS ARE WINNING WITH THEIR BIRDS well done Joe and David

ANDERSONSTOWN RPC 8 MEMBERS SENT 110 BIRDS

O & M Monaghan this is another team that are having a great season winning this week with a velocity of 1401 taking 4th place as well winning with a Busschaert X Soontjen breed by themselves from stock this bird if half brother to a hen that was in the Open top 10

THE COLIN 5 MEMBERS SENT 102 BIRDS TO TALBENNY

And doing the double this week O & M Monaghan flying 1369 and the breeding of this bird pure Sootjen the sir was 3 time in the N,I,P,A Section D Top Ten and the Dam well she finished 11th Section D but heres the big thing how many sales have you been to were you have heard the auctioneer say “this bird breeds winners for fun” well that’s what this dam has been doing for the Monaghan Team very well done lads

Last week’s Wheatfield H,P,S winner

Last week’s Wheatfield winner Kieran Mullan

All that remains on behalf of Franko and myself is to congratulate all the winner and those Fed and NIPA member who we never got too VERY WELL DONE and good luck this week and if you would like us to call give us a ring 07731431154

Return to “Ulster Federation”