Mickos Pictorial - Talbenny (2) 07/06/15

Click here for all the latest news and results for the Ulster Federation.
willie reynolds

Mickos Pictorial - Talbenny (2) 07/06/15

Post by willie reynolds »

Mickos Independent Fed Pictorial 2nd TALBENNY 7th June 2015

Yet another mad mad week sometimes you wonder where the time goes and to top things off I got out of the car the phone slipped out of my pocket I closed the door that was the end of the phone so people that I should have contacted and people who may have been trying to contact me I’m sorry I have been without a phone for a few days the knock on effect of that I contact fancier to see would it be ok to call for a photo so we are missing a few photos again this week

As one fancier in our club said “if the first Talbenny doesn’t get you the second one will” you will all be happy to hear Talbenny hasn’t moved its still in Wales the Fed were there along with the East Coast Fed (ECF) and thank God that ole saying didn’t ring true is “OUR” case

GLEN INVITATION 14 MEMBERS SENT 124 BIRDS
Winning the club for a second time in 2 weeks and with the same bird John (The Commander) Jackson flying 1221.9 and looking to be the likely Fed winner this bird was 2nd club 13th Fed Bude last season winning this week with a bird that was feeding 2 youngens in the nest VERY WELL DONE MO CHARA

BRITTANNIA 7 MEMBERS SENT 47 BIRDS
Winning the club this week Patsy Reid & Son flying a velocity of 1167 with a Busschaert they breed themselves from stock

BALLYMACARRETT MEMBERS SENT
Winning again this week the race team of J Mc Elhone & Son + B Mc Elhone flying 1212.4 and taking 6 places plus the top 5 slots

GROSVENOR 21 MEMBERS SENT 282 BIRDS
P & K Mc Carthy (Paul and Kathleen) flying this week with a velocity of 1212 with a Wildermesh X Jannen that was breed from stock and taking another 2 club prizes when I asked Paul what system he flew he said we had a few spare cocks and this one was driving a hen to nest so Kathleen thought that he my may do us a turn
And that it did well done to Paul and Kathleen

FORTFIELD 20 MEMBERS SENT 230 BIRDS
Winning in the Fortfield last Saturday with a Hardy Kruger bird was Mr & Mrs Flood (Joe and Sharon) taking their first win of the season flying 1218.9 with a bird that was gifted to them by club mate Steven Rice who also took 2nd and 3th places Joe and Sharon fly the natural system

WHEATFIELD 10 MEMBERS SENT 72 BIRDS
Taking the clubs top 6 prizes plus a 7th the race team of J & D Braniff and winning this week with a velocity of 1213.8 this week again a Vandenabeele and aren’t these birds flying really really for this team breed themselves from stock and flew on the roundabout system

ANDERSONSTOWN RPC 8 MEMBERS SENT 110 BIRDS
Johnston Bros flying 1199.67 and also taking another 3 club places coming second J Fusco & Son flying 1199.66 3rd place Johnston Bros flying 1199.60 4th Johnston Bros flying 1199.55 and Johnston Bros flying 1198 SO AS YOU CAN SEE A VERY VERY TIGHT RESULT IN THE ANDYTOWN talking to Michael earlier this is the run down on this bird It's a yearling Brasspennin v D Belle was in the prizes in Skib yb Derby and National it’s very steady racer we also timed his brother who the won Skibereen a couple of weeks ago his sister also won Mallow and Skibereen last year as ybs and is brother to the Skibereen Derby winner

ALEXANDRA 8 MEMBERS SENT 63 BIRDS
Last but not least our club won this week by the Beal Feirste Lofts race team of Jack Nadine Saul and myself not only did we win we took 2nd, 4th, 5th and 6th places now there will be fanciers that will say they did OK but to us when you’re flying against fanciers like Stevie and Joe Fegan from the Fegan Mc Adory race team a team who have multiple Fed winners its brilliant so winning this week with a birds breed from a pair of Campbell and Bigger birds with a velocity of 1198.7 and to Davy and Hugh thank you lads the birds are flew on the natural system

The NIPA this week had 2 races Rosscarberry in Ireland thats just east of Skibbereen thats down the very bottom of Irelands south west and thats roughly 246 miles to Belfast and Sennon Cove is roughly 313 miles to Belfast just west of Penzances now for those who don’t know where that is when you look at a map of Britain right at the bottom south west

THE COLIN 5 MEMBERS SENT 103 BIRDS TO ROSSCARBERRY
J & D Braniff with a winning velocity of 1425 and taking the first 4 of the top 10 7 in total of the top 10 slots but not only that they did the double winning Rosscarberry with the NIPA and winning the 2nd Talbenny with the Fed again with a Vandenabeele breed themselves from stock very well done lads

THE COLIN 2 MEMBERS SENT 10 BIRDS TO SENNON COVE
Won by J Gregory & Son with a winning velocity of 1115 talking to Eamon earlier they won with a Vandenabeele 3 year old cock breed by themselves from stock and flew on the roundabout system and this bird has taken cards every season the
Dam is a 3 times Section winner
Sir is also a Section winner
To get a bird 2nd Section 4th Open in the Senna Cove Classic very well done lads

All that remains on behalf of Franko and myself is to congratulate all the winner and those Fed and NIPA member who we never got too VERY WELL DONE and good luck this week and if you would like us to call give us a ring 07731431154

Return to “Ulster Federation”