AGM - Glenavy 13/02/16

The NIPA was founded in 1945 and it's membership was open to all members within Northern Ireland - We are one of the largest weekly convoying organisations in the UK. Presently we have approx. 100 clubs as members, with over 2,000 members. Birds competing each week can reach 25 to 30 thousand, depending on the race. The race programme starts in Ireland down to Rosscarbery and continues through Wales & England to Penzance, and the Premier OB Nat flown from St Malo (France).
willie reynolds

AGM - Glenavy 13/02/16

Post by willie reynolds »

The 71st Annual General Meeting for the NIPA will take place in the Protestant Hall, Glenavy, on Saturday 13th February commencing at 2.00pm sharp. It should be noted that only Delegates can vote or enter into the business of the meeting. Official Delegate Cards will be required in the recording of votes, and no discussion on Resolutions.

Only two Resolutions have been listed on the agenda.

Resolution 1 Submitted by NIPA Committee. Delete NIPA General Rule 38 in its entirety and replace with a new Rule 38. Any fancier who has his/her suspension lifted by any recognised racing pigeon organisation or union and wishes to apply to a member club of the NIPA for membership. The NIPA Club must make representation to the NIPA for permission to accept him/her as a member.

Resolution 2 Submitted by Ards HPS and Newry & District HPS. Delete NIPA General Rule 78 in its entirety and replace with a new General Rule 78. The entry for Penzance/Sennen Cove Classic race be limited to 20 birds per member and this race be flown in conjunction with the NIPA Penzance/Sennen Cove race ie. this race reverts to be a Duplicate Race.

The following Race Programmes are with clubs for consideration. Firstly Old Birds:

From Ards and Newry & Dist - 9th April Tullamore, 16th April Roscrea, 23rd April Fermoy, 30th April Fermoy, 7th May Corrin, 14th May Pilmore Beach, 21st May Rosscarbery OB Inl Nat, 21st May Roscrea Comeback, 28th May Talbenny, 4th June Talbenny, 4th June Rosscarbery Yearling Cocks & Hens Nat, 11th June Bude, 11th June Fermoy 5 Bird, 18th June Penzance & Penzance Classic, 24th June St Malo Nat (France).

From Portadown & Drumcree HPS and supported by majority of Sect E Clubs – 9th April Tullamore, 16th April Tullamore, 23td April Roscrea, 30th April Fermoy, 7th May Corrin, 14th May Rosscarbery Inl Nat, 21st May Talbenny, 21st May Rosscarbery Yrearling Cock & Hen Nat, 28th May Talbenny, 28th May Fermoy 5 Bird, 4th June Bude, 4th June Roscrea, 11th June Penzance, 18th June Sennen Cove Classic, 24th June St Malo Nat (France).

Young Bird are as follows:

From Dromore and Ards HPS, also Existing 2015 Programme – 16th July Area Lib decided by each Sect, 23rd July Area Lib decided by each Sect, 30th July Tullamore (Mass Lib), 6th August Roscrea, 13th August Kilkenny/Gowran Park (New Site), 20th August Fermoy, 27th August Talbenny Nat, 27th August Roscrea Comeback, 3rd September Fermoy, 3rd September Fermoy 5 Bird Championship, 10th September Rosscarbery Nat.

From Newry & Dist and Sect C Delegates – 16th July Mullingar Top Half all Clubs Above 54:36:00, 16th July Tullamore Bottom Half all Clubs Below 54:36:00, 23rd July Tullamore Top Half all Clubs Above 54:36:00, 23rd July Roscrea Bottom Half all Clubs Below 54:36:00, 30th July Roscrea (Mass Lib), 6th August Kilkenny/Gowran Park, 13th August Fermoy, 20th August Talbenny Nat, 20th August Roscrea Comeback, 27th August Kilkenny/Gowran Park, 3rd September Fermoy, 3rd September Fermoy 5 Bird Championship, 10th September Rosscarbery Nat.

The Secretary has asked all clubs to supply an age profile of all members and that includes all members in a partnership. This is to assist in the on-going meetings with various Government Bodies in pursuit of getting recognised as a sport.
willie reynolds

Re: AGM - Glenavy 13/02/16

further update to rates

Posted on February 3, 2016 by fred
As you will see vote went through and pigeon racing will be added to the list of prescribed activities which benefit from an 80% Rates reduction.

Still one or two hurdles to overcome before it is finalised but this represents a significant breakthrough, not least because it had the support of all the parties with the exception of the DUP. Bodes well for the future. Colin
willie reynolds

The NIPA Annual Meeting Report will be updated over the weekend and completed following an NIPA Committee Meeting to be held in Dromore on Wednesday 17th Ferbuary at 7.30pm. Keep checking back for info. HOMER.

Only two Resolutions had been listed on the agenda for NIPA, and both carried in the vote.
Resolution 1 Submitted by NIPA Committee. Delete NIPA General Rule 38 in its entirety and replace with a new Rule 38. Any fancier who has his/her suspension lifted by any recognised racing pigeon organisation or union and wishes to apply to a member club of the NIPA for membership. The NIPA Club must make representation to the NIPA for permission to accept him/her as a member. For 64, against 8.
Resolution 2 Submitted by Ards HPS and Newry & District HPS. Delete NIPA General Rule 78 in its entirety and replace with a new General Rule 78. The entry for Penzance/Sennen Cove Classic race be limited to 20 birds per member and this race be flown in conjunction with the NIPA Penzance/Sennen Cove race ie. this race reverts to be a Duplicate Race. For 49, against 25.

Voting for the Race Programmes were as follows. For Old Birds No 1 had 368 votes and No 2 had 548 votes. For Young Birds No 1 had 552 votes and No 2 had 361 votes.
The following carried in the vote.
From Portadown & Drumcree HPS and supported by majority of Sect E Clubs – 9th April Tullamore, 16th April Tullamore, 23td April Roscrea, 30th April Fermoy, 7th May Corrin, 14th May Rosscarbery Inl Nat, 21st May Talbenny, 21st May Rosscarbery Yrearling Cock & Hen Nat, 28th May Talbenny, 28th May Fermoy 5 Bird, 4th June Bude, 4th June Roscrea, 11th June Penzance, 18th June Sennen Cove Classic, 24th June St Malo Nat (France).
From Dromore and Ards HPS, also Existing 2015 Programme – 16th July Area Lib decided by each Sect, 23rd July Area Lib decided by each Sect, 30th July Tullamore (Mass Lib), 6th August Roscrea, 13th August Kilkenny/Gowran Park (New Site), 20th August Fermoy, 27th August Talbenny Nat, 27th August Roscrea Comeback, 3rd September Fermoy, 3rd September Fermoy 5 Bird Championship, 10th September Rosscarbery Nat.

The Age Profile so far from clubs that have submitted details. 0-20 (37), 21-30 (75), 21-40 (107), 41-50 (149), 51-60 (303), 61-70 (278), 71-80 (208), 81-90 (42), 91-100 (4).

Secretary Report – This was published on the NIPA Website for the first time and not sent out to member clubs, not sure too many Delegates had seen or read it. I have published it here.

This year the Secretary Report 2015/16 will be posted On-Line on the NIPA Website and not posted out to Individual Clubs. The AGM Agenda for 2016 and the Financial Statement for 2015 will be posted to member clubs on Friday 22nd January 2016. The AGM will take place on Saturday 13th February in Glenavy please do your utmost to have your club represented. Please make sure you will have your clubs voting for the 2016 season returned before this date, also when you receive your AGM pack I have enclosed a Questionaire on the Age Profile of your members, this must be completed and returned before the AGM.

2015 racing season for the NIPA proved to be very successful and the only complaints I am receiving that you all have too many pigeons left. Be thankful for the racing we enjoyed as many fanciers in the UK & Ireland had a very difficult season.
I would like to thank our Race Controller Mr Ivan Mawhinney for the excellent job done and for the endless time spent all week following many different forecasts and making some very difficult decisions. Our team of Convoyer’s/Drivers, and everyone else, who assisted us in the transportation of our pigeons. I wish to thank them most sincerely for the way they looked after our pigeons feeding, watering and making them comfortable in a hold-over etc. The Transport Manager Mr Terry Mulgrew a very special thank you for keeping all our transporters, all seven of them - road worthy, clean, tidy, painted, polished etc. making them a credit to our organisation.

I wish to thank all our members of committee for attending meetings, looking after Centres, and everything else they do behind scenes to ensure that pigeon racing continues each week for the enjoyment of us all.

On behalf of the NIPA a big thank-you to all pigeon fanciers through-out GK & Ireland for the assistance given to our organisation when we are in their area for release also the many contacts the Race Controller can call upon to give us an accurate assessment of the weather, Met Erin are a most helpful organisation and their forecasters really do assist us. Coast Guards, Shipping Lines, Dublin Airport etc. a big thank-you to everyone and your assistance is much appreciated.
Secretaries, Race Secretary’s, Treasurers of member clubs, without your assistance clubs could not operate and my job would be impossible. I would like to thank you all on behalf of our members for an excellent job well done. Finally to everyone who personally assisted me during the year, I really appreciate your help, thank you all very much.

The Resolutions on the AGM Agenda are self-explanatory, and easily understood, your club will either vote in favour or vote against. If your club does not attend the AGM your vote will not be counted. Do not forward me your club vote.
The final race programmes for both old and young bird races are in your AGM Pack, please return your votes on or before the AGM. Also included is a Question-aire on the Age Profile of your members, this must be returned fully completed on or before the AGM.

You may ask why-do I need this information. During the year we have been having discussions with the RPRA, Ministers at Stormont, MLA’s of all political parties, Sport NI, and other Government Departments, trying to persuade them to recognise Pigeon Racing as a Sport. Are we making Progress? – Yes but we still have a long way to go before we get a decision. We have many reports to complete and lodge with the various Agencies, one of these reports which we have to file with them is an Age Profile of our members.

I will keep you all informer during the year of our progress. If we are successful clubs will be able to claim for any monetary awards available and also hopefully a full 80% to 100% discount on Club Rates bills.

Your Balance Sheet for 2015 is also included in your AGM Pack. We have had a reasonable good year, a slight deficit overall but nothing to be alarmed about. If you need any clarification on any of the Income or Expenditure please do not hesitate to contact me or arrange to come to the NIPA’s Headquarters in Dromore and I will do my up-most to answer any query, you can also E-Mail or write to me.

Note – Telephone calls to the NIPA Office will be recorded from now on.
willie reynolds

Voting for the Race Programmes were as follows. For Old Birds No 1 had 368 votes and No 2 had 548 votes. For Young Birds No 1 had 552 votes and No 2 had 361 votes.

From Portadown & Drumcree HPS and supported by majority of Sect E Clubs – 9th April Tullamore, 16th April Tullamore, 23td April Roscrea, 30th April Fermoy, 7th May Corrin, 14th May Rosscarbery Inl Nat, 21st May Talbenny (1), 21st May Rosscarbery Yearling Cock & Hen Nat, 28th May Talbenny (2), 28th May Fermoy 5 Bird, 4th June Bude, 4th June Roscrea, 11th June Penzance, 18th June Sennen Cove Classic, 24th June St Malo Nat (France).

The old bird programme will be as was passed at the AGM, at the NIPA Committee Meeting on Wednesday additional races in Ireland were added for 14th May, 11th June and 18th June. The young birds will be as above. For the first time there will be a race in Ireland on the day of Talbenny (1). Further updates will follow.
willie reynolds

Race Programme to be flown in 2016 -

Old Birds: 9th April Tullamore (1), 16th April Tullamore (2), 23rd April Roscrea, 30th April Fermoy, 7th May Corrin, 14th May Rosscarbery Inl Nat, 14th May Fermoy Comeback, 21st May Talbenny (1), 21st May Rosscarbery Yearling Cock & Hen Nat, 28th May Talbenny (2), 28th May Fermoy 5 Bird, 4th June Bude, 4th June Roscrea , 11th June Penzance, 11th June Fermoy Comeback, 18th June Sennen Cove Classic, 18th June Fermoy Comeback, 24th June St Malo Nat (France).

Young Birds: 16th July Area Lib decided by each Sect, 23rd July Area Lib decided by each Sect, 30th July Tullamore (Mass Lib), 6th August Roscrea, 13th August Gowran Park , 20th August Fermoy, 27th August Talbenny Nat, 27th August Roscrea Comeback, 3rd September Fermoy, 3rd September Fermoy 5 Bird Championship, 10th September Rosscarbery Nat.

The old bird programme will be as was passed at the AGM, at the NIPA Committee Meeting on Wednesday additional races in Ireland were added for 14th May, 11th June and 18th June. The young birds will be as above. For the first time there will be a race in Ireland on the day of Talbenny (1).
willie reynolds

71st AGM for Mighty NIPA –

The Annual General Meeting for the NIPA was held in the Protestant Hall, Glenavy, on Saturday 13th February 2016, Chairman Alan Darragh declared the meeting open and firstly asked the members to stand and observe a moments silence in respect of deceased members. The Secretary was then invited to read the minutes of the previous AGM, and these were passed.

Secretary Report – This was published on the NIPA Website for the first time and not sent out to member clubs, not sure too many Delegates had seen or read it. I have published it here.

This year the Secretary Report 2015/16 will be posted On-Line on the NIPA Website and not posted out to Individual Clubs. The AGM Agenda for 2016 and the Financial Statement for 2015 will be posted to member clubs on Friday 22nd January 2016. The AGM will take place on Saturday 13th February in Glenavy please do your utmost to have your club represented. Please make sure you will have your clubs voting for the 2016 season returned before this date, also when you receive your AGM pack I have enclosed a Questionaire on the Age Profile of your members, this must be completed and returned before the AGM.

2015 racing season for the NIPA proved to be very successful and the only complaints I am receiving that you all have too many pigeons left. Be thankful for the racing we enjoyed as many fanciers in the UK & Ireland had a very difficult season.
I would like to thank our Race Controller Mr Ivan Mawhinney for the excellent job done and for the endless time spent all week following many different forecasts and making some very difficult decisions. Our team of Convoyer’s/Drivers, and everyone else, who assisted us in the transportation of our pigeons. I wish to thank them most sincerely for the way they looked after our pigeons feeding, watering and making them comfortable in a hold-over etc. The Transport Manager Mr Terry Mulgrew a very special thank you for keeping all our transporters, all seven of them - road worthy, clean, tidy, painted, polished etc. making them a credit to our organisation.

I wish to thank all our members of committee for attending meetings, looking after Centres, and everything else they do behind scenes to ensure that pigeon racing continues each week for the enjoyment of us all.
On behalf of the NIPA a big thank-you to all pigeon fanciers through-out GK & Ireland for the assistance given to our organisation when we are in their area for release also the many contacts the Race Controller can call upon to give us an accurate assessment of the weather, Met Erin are a most helpful organisation and their forecasters really do assist us. Coast Guards, Shipping Lines, Dublin Airport etc. a big thank-you to everyone and your assistance is much appreciated.
Secretaries, Race Secretary’s, Treasurers of member clubs, without your assistance clubs could not operate and my job would be impossible. I would like to thank you all on behalf of our members for an excellent job well done. Finally to everyone who personally assisted me during the year, I really appreciate your help, thank you all very much.

The Resolutions on the AGM Agenda are self-explanatory, and easily understood, your club will either vote in favour or vote against. If your club does not attend the AGM your vote will not be counted. Do not forward me your club vote.
The final race programmes for both old and young bird races are in your AGM Pack, please return your votes on or before the AGM. Also included is a Question-aire on the Age Profile of your members, this must be returned fully completed on or before the AGM.

You may ask why-do I need this information. During the year we have been having discussions with the RPRA, Ministers at Stormont, MLA’s of all political parties, Sport NI, and other Government Departments, trying to persuade them to recognise Pigeon Racing as a Sport. Are we making Progress? – Yes but we still have a long way to go before we get a decision. We have many reports to complete and lodge with the various Agencies, one of these reports which we have to file with them is an Age Profile of our members.

I will keep you all informer during the year of our progress. If we are successful clubs will be able to claim for any monetary awards available and also hopefully a full 80% to 100% discount on Club Rates bills.
Your Balance Sheet for 2015 is also included in your AGM Pack. We have had a reasonable good year, a slight deficit overall but nothing to be alarmed about. If you need any clarification on any of the Income or Expenditure please do not hesitate to contact me or arrange to come to the NIPA’s Headquarters in Dromore and I will do my up-most to answer any query, you can also E-Mail or write to me.

Accounts were passed without questions having already been endorsed by NIPA Committee, some points were then raised under Item 5. Any other 2015 Business. Telephone calls to the NIPA Office will be recorded from now on. On dope testing no results are supplied to lofts tested. This to be sorted, and question to be raised at RPRA on procedure for test and why just one sample took.

Next up the election of officials and with Alan Darragh having completed his two year term in office as President, the new holder presented with Chain of Office from Section C was Robert Reid from Carrick & District. Alan Darragh requested his retirement gift be donated to Intensive Care at the Ulster Hospital Dundonald, cheque for £250 to be sent. Robert Reid thanked the members and then conducted the Election of Officials for 2016 assisted by Secretary Fred Russell.
There was very little change at the top, most members were returned. Patron L Boyle (Dromore WE), President Robert Reid (Carrick & District) with Sam Briggs (Lisburn & Dist) elected as Senior Vice President for Sect D. Life Vice-Presidents are A McDonnell (Coleraine Prem), L Boyle (Dromore WE), D Carson (Banbridge HPS), M Livingstone (Portadown & Drumcree), O Donnelly (Larne & Dist), J Kelly (Londonderry), H McVeigh (Killyleagh), V Thom (Cookstown), H Boyd (Coalisland) and A Darragh (Cullybackey).

Chairman Alan Darragh (Cullybackey), Vice Chairman S Thompson (Windsor Social), Financial Secretary F Russell (Dromore WE), Assistant Secretary G McEvoy (Beechpark), Fleet Supervisor T Mulgrew (Dromore), Convoyer P McNeice (Annaghmore), Race Controller I Mawhinney. Press Officers W Reynolds (Ballymena & Dist), S McGarry (Horseshoe). RPRA Delegates – J Burrows (Eastway), W Seaton (Ligoniel). Auditors Robinson & Co (Portadown).

The Finance & General Purposes Management Committee were elected, some positions will have to be confirmed at later Sect Meetings. The following were returned.
Sect A – H Boyd (Dungannon), J Hanson (Coleraine Prem). Sect B – K Wilkinson (New Antrim), G Magill (Muckamore), G McDowell (Kells & Dist), K Kernohan (Harryville). Sect C – L O’Neill (Larne & Dist), S McGarry (Horseshoe), W McClelland (Doagh & Dist), D Campbell (Eastway), G Robinson (Carrick Soc). Sect D – J Vage (Dromore), A Houston (Lisburn & Dist), J McCready (Lisburn & Dist). Sect E – K Henderson (Lurgan Soc), J Parr (Edgarstown), S Corrigan (Loughgall), D Mawhinney (Beechpark). Sect F – P Murray (Killyleagh), one place to fill. Sect G – C O’Hare (Ballyholland), G Delaney (Ashfield). Sect H – P McLoughlin (Maiden City), D Simpson (Londonderry), J Ramsey (Derry & Dist).

Only two Resolutions had been listed on the agenda for NIPA, and both carried in the vote.

Resolution 1 Submitted by NIPA Committee. Delete NIPA General Rule 38 in its entirety and replace with a new Rule 38. Any fancier who has his/her suspension lifted by any recognised racing pigeon organisation or union and wishes to apply to a member club of the NIPA for membership. The NIPA Club must make representation to the NIPA for permission to accept him/her as a member. For 64, against 8.

Resolution 2 Submitted by Ards HPS and Newry & District HPS. Delete NIPA General Rule 78 in its entirety and replace with a new General Rule 78. The entry for Penzance/Sennen Cove Classic race be limited to 20 birds per member and this race be flown in conjunction with the NIPA Penzance/Sennen Cove race ie. this race reverts to be a Duplicate Race. For 49, against 25.

The Age Profile so far from clubs that have submitted details. 0-20 (37), 21-30 (75), 21-40 (107), 41-50 (149), 51-60 (303), 61-70 (278), 71-80 (208), 81-90 (42), 91-100 (4).

Under Any other business Colin Watson from Killyleagh addressed the meeting to explain what he had been involved in over many months in trying to have pigeons listed as a sport and the recent changes made at NI Assembly regarding the charges for Rates. Robin Swann MLA in Mid Antrim had introduced the change and with being in USA it was Leslie Cree MLA who put The Rates (Amendment) Bill is before the house for its further consideration stage. It aims to provide 100% rates relief for recreational sports clubs. Some MLAs had their feathers ruffled that pigeon racing is not currently deemed a sport. It had wide support from a cross section of all parties except DUP, and local MLA Paul Butler was thanked by members in Glenavy.
A quick meeting at the end of the AGM to set the member rates for the new season to enable distribution to the club’s, it was a big vote for no change. Club Fee £24.00, Members Fee £22.00.

A full Committee Meeting was arranged for Wednesday 17th Ferbuary, at it with Alan Darragh in the Chair he called the members to stand and observe a minutes silence in respect of Life Vice President Joe Kelly who had passed away over the weekend. After the minutes of the previous meeting the race programme was discussed.

The old bird programme will be as was passed at the AGM, additional races in Ireland were added for 14th May, 11th June and 18th June. The young birds will be as above. For the first time there will be a race in Ireland on the day of Talbenny (1).

Race Programme to be flown in 2016 -
Old Birds: 9th April Tullamore (1), 16th April Tullamore (2), 23rd April Roscrea, 30th April Fermoy, 7th May Corrin, 14th May Rosscarbery Inl Nat, 14th May Fermoy Comeback, 21st May Talbenny (1), 21st May Rosscarbery Yearling Cock & Hen Nat, 28th May Talbenny (2), 28th May Fermoy 5 Bird, 4th June Bude, 4th June Roscrea , 11th June Penzance, 11th June Fermoy Comeback, 18th June Sennen Cove Classic, 18th June Fermoy Comeback, 24th June St Malo Nat (France).
Young Birds: 16th July Area Lib decided by each Sect, 23rd July Area Lib decided by each Sect, 30th July Tullamore (Mass Lib), 6th August Roscrea, 13th August Gowran Park , 20th August Fermoy, 27th August Talbenny Nat, 27th August Roscrea Comeback, 3rd September Fermoy, 3rd September Fermoy 5 Bird Championship, 10th September Rosscarbery Nat.

Rates were set for transport of other birds, and collection times which include Windsor Social (Coleraine) lifted at 6.30pm which will mean a later collection time for all clubs on this lorry down through Mid Antrim. A letter of complaint was read from Ken Wilkinson regarding the conduct of Chairman Alan Darragh at the recent NIPA Sect B meeting in Harryville, and there was some discussion on the Unikon ETS regarding the status of systems on loan for Derby Centres.
willie reynolds

The NIPA Race Programme for 2016 was the one passed with a big vote at the AGM, that’s the official programme. What the NIPA Committee did at a later meeting was add additional optional training races to fill out spaces and make some revenue which will help in the long run to keep down costs. Remember as well if the NIPA don’t fill available spaces these will be filled with rivals who are expanding business every single year.

The last increase for race crates was 2006 and before that costs were different for Inland and Cross Channel racing. In 2016 the Membership Fee at £22 and Club Fee at £24, remain unchanged from the season previous. Overall running costs are being kept down for the membership.

The optional training races added by the NIPA Committee were 14th May Fermoy, 11th June Fermoy, 18th June Fermoy and no decision made yet about 25th June the St Malo weekend.

Race Programme available to be flown in 2016 -

Old Birds: 9th April Tullamore (1), 16th April Tullamore (2), 23rd April Roscrea, 30th April Fermoy, 7th May Corrin, 14th May Rosscarbery Inl Nat, 14th May Fermoy Comeback, 21st May Talbenny (1), 21st May Rosscarbery Yearling Cock & Hen Nat, 28th May Talbenny (2), 28th May Fermoy 5 Bird, 4th June Bude, 4th June Roscrea , 11th June Penzance, 11th June Fermoy Comeback, 18th June Sennen Cove Classic, 18th June Fermoy Comeback, 24th June St Malo Nat (France), 25th June Comeback??

Let’s look back at the interest the membership had in the Comeback events of 2015.

23rd May Roscrea 572 members/13,157 birds. (Weekend of Rosscarbery Nat). 7th June Rosscarbery 671 members/11,234 birds. (Weekend 2nd Cross Channel Race). 27th June Roscrea 244 members/3,187 birds. (Weekend of St Malo).
If we do not fill gaps of available races, rivals will and when extra charges have to be made in the future who will get the blame of bad management? The official race programme is the one adopted at the AGM, the additional races are optional for the membership. There appears to be a bit of confusion on the new arrangements and I would think the NIPA Committee at the next meeting on 14th March will sort out the queries regarding Sect Points etc.

Just lifted Homers info & put in list format -
NIPA Old Birds:
9th April Tullamore (1)
16th April Tullamore (2)
23rd April Roscrea,
30th April Fermoy
7th May Corrin
14th May Rosscarbery Inl Nat
14th May Fermoy Comeback
21st May Talbenny (1)
21st May Rosscarbery Yearling Cock & Hen Nat
28th May Talbenny (2)
28th May Fermoy 5 Bird
4th June Bude
4th June Roscrea
11th June Penzance
11th June Fermoy Comeback
18th June Sennen Cove Classic
18th June Fermoy Comeback
24th June St Malo Nat (France)
25th June Comeback??

The optional training races added by the NIPA Committee
willie reynolds

NIPA Race Season Update -

If we do not fill gaps of available races, rivals will and when extra charges have to be made in the future who will get the blame of bad management? The official race programme is the one adopted at the AGM, the additional races are optional for the membership. There appears to be a bit of confusion on the new arrangements and I would think the NIPA Committee at the next meeting on 14th March will sort out the queries regarding Sect Points etc. Finally we might experience some problems with travel regarding France during June with the football going on, this will be dealt with at the time. It has always been said the NIPA have a good record in getting to the race over all the years, can’t remember any being missed. Drivers are required to cover the race season, either full time or temporary, those interested should contact Secretary Fred Russell.
willie reynolds

I have been informed by the NIPA Secretary Mr Fred Russell to mention the following in my column. The NIPA may be requiring drivers for the 2016 Season. Knowledge of pigeons and pigeon racing would be an advantage. Interested full time and temporary positions - If so please contact Fred Russell on Tel: (028) 92 693913 or Terry Mulgrew on Tel: 07711 849960. They will also take applications for the post of Fleet Supervisor. All races flown by the NIPA are official races and in this respect the additional races will carry Points for Fancier of the Year. The new Annual Booklet is due for delivery any day now and will be delivered to each club as usual. To enable a provisional result to be published the day following the race Clubs must Fax their Club Result to NIPA HQ before 10.00pm on the day of liberation. All paperwork including Rubbers and Basket Lists must be put on the Transporter at collection and then following the race Arrival Lists and results etc. can either be posted to the NIPA to arrive the next week or put on the Transporter. Lofts will be disqualified if all the paper work is not available to be checked. To save time it is essential all clubs have crates ready for collection when transporter arrives, take note of this or you will be hearing about it. It’s not fair clubs waiting until the wee small hours of the next morning for the final collections. The RPRA Council decision on cases involving NIPA lofts were as follows.

Appeals at RPRA Council Meeting in Coventry on Saturday 27/02/16
Appeal 1: Hearing under RPRA Rule 199 (Appendix G), Mr N Murtagh v RPRA (PED Test UK 1580).
The above appeal was considered by the Council of the Royal Pigeon Racing Association at their meeting held in the Coventry Hill Hotel, Coventry on Saturday 27th February 2016. It was the unanimous decision of Council of those present that the appeal be DISALLOWED on the grounds that – Mr Murtagh’s test sample returned a positive result for two banned substances. Mr Murtagh shall be expelled from the Association, Mr Murtagh can apply to the Council of the RPRA for reinstatements after 12 months.

Appeal 2: Re-hearing under RPRA Rule 83. Speirs & Campbell v NIPA. The appeal of Speirs & Campbell against the decision of the Irish Region Meeting held on 3rd October 2015. The above appeal was considered by the Council of the Royal Pigeon Racing Association at their meeting held in the Coventry Hill Hotel, Coventry on Saturday 27th February 2016. It was the majority decision of Council of those present that the appeal be ALLOWED with Council finding for Speirs & Campbell on the ground that they had fulfilled their obligations under RPRA Rule 112.

NIPA Result for St Malo OB National is available on the NIPA website and will be published again in BHW.

PS - The NIPA book will have a full list of the rules, some might need changed or adjusted. Changes or indeed New Rules can be put forward from any member club to be included in the AGM Agenda.

Return to “Northern Ireland Provincial Amalgamation (NIPA)”