News Update - April 2017

The North Coast Classic is now in its 8th year! All our prize money and pool money has been paid within 10 days. We have SIX Hotspot races prior to the North Coast Classic Race from Cork. The six Hot Spot races will take place from 70, 115, 150, 175, 196 and 150 miles on consecutive Sundays. Each week we have given prizes for the top 5 in each Hotspot race. The final race, The North Coast Classic, from Cork will be 265 miles. 1st Prize £15,000, other estimated prizes are £3,000, £2,000, £1,000, £800, £600, £400, £200, 7 x £150 and 6 x £100. Ace Pigeon £1,000, 2 Bird Average £500 and Six Hot Spot Races with prizes 1st £150, 2nd £100, 3rd £50, 4th £50 and 5th £50. All prizes are based on 700 birds, deadline for entry is the end of April 2020. Adrian.
willie reynolds

News Update - April 2017

Post by willie reynolds »

North Coast Classic – One Loft Race based in Coleraine, Co Londonderry

Sean would like to thank everyone for their continuing support, it’s greatly appreciated. We were very unfortunate last year when the dreaded virus hit the lofts and Sean was disappointed and sorry for all those who suffered losses. This was the first time we have been unlucky to have been affected with sickness as we pride ourselves in our record of entries which compete in our final being approx. 50 - 60% of the entry. Our preventative and sanitary measures are always of the highest standards and will continue to be so. Everyone is welcome to visit and see for themselves the condition of both the lofts and youngsters and we look forward to your entries for this year.

So now that the NCC is up and running, Sean has asked me to update everyone on how the Venture bird system will work in 2017, but before I go into detail on that. I'll put up the list of breeders of the Venture birds for 2017 and what a list it is. First up the 2016 winner and reigning champion Bobby Daziel from the partnership of Dalziel and Parker. Bobby is sending over a venture team of 6 youngsters (This partnership has also won the French derby one loft race). When Bobby's venture youngsters are ready he'll send pedigrees for them. After hearing about how these youngsters are bred, I can honestly say that anyone getting these youngsters will stand a great chance in this year's race

Next up is Francis Corcoran (Alpine Lofts). Francis is also a past winner off the NCC's big race and believe it or not Francis has also had the Ace pigeon in the NCC.( some achievement ). Sean was telling me that over the years Francis still holds the record for lifting the most prize money in the NCC. If you are interested in this team of 6 youngsters, keep your eyes on this FB site. As I get more information on them, I'll post it.

Next up is Davy Campbell (Fernlea Lofts). Davy is entering 6 youngsters all from his top NIPA open winning blood lines. As I am sure most of you already know, Davy is one of the top flyers in the NIPA. One of Davy's venture pigeons was unlucky not to win the NCC, with it and the eventual winner coming up the field together clear of anything else but Davy's bird sat out, then another 4 trapped before him, leaving him 6th Open.

Next up is Terence McCrudden with a team of 6 venture youngsters entered. Terence has a fantastic record in the NCC over the years. In all he has picked up 2nd and 8th Open in the same race, along with 10th and 14th Open in different years (all final race positions) but his top performance was lifting the Ace pigeon award in the NCC. Nearly forgot to mention that he has also won a Hot Spot in the NCC. Anyway, most of us know how good this man and his birds are, so watch this space for more information on him and his birds.

Next up is John and Viv Abernathy (Harmony Lofts). John and Viv had a fantastic year with their Venture pigeons last year. They had 3 of their venture birds in the top 12 Open positions in the NCC, in what was the hardest race the NCC has ever had. John and Viv's venture's took 2nd, 11 and 12th Open (some going) - They are also hot-spot winners. So over the year's there's been quite a few happy customers with venture youngsters from Harmony lofts.

Next up is John Hall from Portavogie, who will also have a team of 6 venture youngsters in John is a past winner off the NCC's big race (think it was 2010 ). That year Sean bought 6 of John's youngsters at a sale in Belfast which Peter Martin was running for a good cause. Sean then put the 6 youngsters up as Venture youngsters, when it came to hot-spot 4 there was 2 that hadn't been sold. Anyway John got Peter to buy one of the unsold youngsters for him and 2 weeks later John wins the big money with 1 of his own venture youngsters. Over the years John Hall venture youngsters have had some fantastic results in different finals in the NCC, Moffatt Bros were 6 Open in the final 2015 with one of John's Venture youngsters, Dennis Gregg was 11th Open with a venture of John's. John has also won a hot spot with one of his Venture youngsters. This man has a family of top quality pigeons.

The last 3 names on the list are Kevin Parsons, Garry Jennings of Blaris lofts and John Gladwin from Formula One Lofts. I am under a bit of pressure tonight, so I'll have to say sorry and get the info on these lad's up tomorrow night.

Now I'll try to explain Sean's plan's for the NCC's venture system in 2017. Each of the above lad's will offer 6 youngsters, for venture birds this year. Sean wants to keep them in teams of 6. (each team of 6 will be from the same man) - Then Sean will put each team in turn, up for raffle. Each raffle will have 59 numbers, with the winning number for the raffle being the Bonus Ball on a Wednesday or Saturday night, depending on when the last number is sold. (if the last number is sold on a Saturday, Sunday Monday or Tuesday - Then Wednesday nights bonus ball will be the winning number. If the last number is sold on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, then Saturday night’s bonus ball will be the winning number). Each number in each raffle will cost £15. Anyone winning a raffle will have their team of 6 youngsters entered into the NCC 2017 free of charge.

All Raffles will be run on the Facebook site and everyone will be able to see who has taken each number. Hopefully the first raffle will start Wednesday. Any Questions please ask.

Sean has decided that he has to make quite a few changes to the running of the NCC loft in 2017, mainly because of the increase in running costs.
Firstly the entry fee will now be £125 per bird (The NCC 2017 will not be running the usual deal of 6 birds for the price of 5). After the final race is over, all birds will be given back to their owners free. (This means if you win the NCC you can walk away with the 1st Prize of £15,000 in one hand and your winning pigeon in the other). After 14 days from the Final Race, if you don’t claim your pigeon back - Any pigeons left in the loft will go to an Online Auction (PIGEON CHAT) where they will be sold. The owners of these pigeons will then receive 60% of the price their pigeon makes, 40% will go to administration and auctioneers fees. If you fancy the idea of the birds being sold for you, then please make sure you send a pedigree with them, as it’s very hard to sell them without one. All prizes are based on 700 birds. I’ll get any questions you have asked, answered as quick as I can on Facebook Before I go I would like to thank everyone who sent a pedigree in this year. Paul O’Connor PO.

RAFFLE NUMBER 3 -

North Coast Classic One Loft Race, will be having a series of raffles – Raffle No 3 is running now. Tickets will be priced at £15 per number (1-59). The winning number will be the bonus ball, as drawn on the National Lottery and the raffle will only proceed when all numbers have been sold.

Each winner will have a team of six youngster's that will be entered into a series of races and have the chance of winning up to £15,000. The youngster's will be bred by a number of top fancier.

Recent visitors in the photos include the following.

NCC's good friends from Wales Val and Trevor Hughes.This couple haven't missed a year at the NCC and its always a pleasure seeing them up at the NCC on final day - Their syndicate name is Son's of Glandwr.

From Eastway we have a father and son partnership, Roy and Alan Francey from Belfast. These lad's fly under the syndicate name of Lucy Balmer. The lads picked up 5th Open in the final last year, with a big strong Blue cock.

Michael Strain was up from Donaghadee with 2 well prepared youngsters. Michael's syndicate name is Glenbank Lofts and as I am sure you remember, Michael had the last bird on the day in the 2016 final, taking 14th Open - his dark chq hen landed in the dark. Michael's a man after my own heart, as he loves racing on the channel. He's taken the top channel positions in the East Down Combine, in both 2014 and 2016. Winning St Malo - Not easy to do. So I am sure this pair will have no trouble staying on the wing for Michael.

Now we have Fran Cullan from Blackwater in Wexford with the first 2 youngsters from his team - Got a bit carried away with the pic's here, as it was a pleasure taking pic's of this youngster lol. He's now known as the special one (001). Fran and the Family in Wexford - FB superstar 001 in the NCC

Visitors to the loft racing this year from (l) Noel Ferguson, Dennis Gregg, Jackie Ferguson, Sean Mr NCC and Kenny Glass .

Finally tonight we have the NCC'S 2ND RAFFLE WINNER'S Tony Tobyijanski and the Tobyijanski family. Tony was telling me that he and the family are over the moon with their raffle win last night and after hearing about it Tony wasn't able to sleep with excitement. So well done the Tobyijanski family and let's hope the 6 youngsters stay lucky.

Tony has taken the Alpine Lofts venture youngsters from Francis Corcooran. Not a bad prize for a £15 winning number ....6 youngsters with a free entry (worth £750 ) into the NCC and the option of taking the youngster's home at the end of the year, (free) or having them sold at an on-line auction.

Sean Diamond congratulates Rob McKinney on winning the first NCC bonus ball draw winning six venture birds from Bobby Dalziel.
willie reynolds

Re: News Update - April 2017

Post by willie reynolds »

As you know Sean has made a few changes to the running of the NCC for 2017. Well he's reminded me to inform everyone , that this year the youngster's will also be trained in between Hot-spot race's.

In the past Sean has been very worried about training mid week. As at that time of the year as we all know , you have families of hawks hunting. He was also worried about losing for instance, a hot spot winner from the previous race. Which would be sole destroying for the owners , Sean and the NCC.

Hopefully this suits all flying members of the NCC, as everyone Sean was talking to at various shows over the winter, were all up for mid week training...

So anyway the NCC will be training midweek, every week weather permitting...

We would love to know your thoughts on this....so if you could comment on our Facebook Page it would be appreciated and of course any questions, I'll get an answer for you ...thanks. Paul O'Connor

Return to “North Coast Classic (Coleraine) -”