News Update July 2017 -

The North Coast Classic is now in its 8th year! All our prize money and pool money has been paid within 10 days. We have SIX Hotspot races prior to the North Coast Classic Race from Cork. The six Hot Spot races will take place from 70, 115, 150, 175, 196 and 150 miles on consecutive Sundays. Each week we have given prizes for the top 5 in each Hotspot race. The final race, The North Coast Classic, from Cork will be 265 miles. 1st Prize £15,000, other estimated prizes are £3,000, £2,000, £1,000, £800, £600, £400, £200, 7 x £150 and 6 x £100. Ace Pigeon £1,000, 2 Bird Average £500 and Six Hot Spot Races with prizes 1st £150, 2nd £100, 3rd £50, 4th £50 and 5th £50. All prizes are based on 700 birds, deadline for entry is the end of April 2020. Adrian.
willie reynolds

News Update July 2017 -

Post by willie reynolds »

Training has started
2nd July 2017 7:44 pm | By: NCC AUTHOR - Adrian
Today the youngsters had their first toss which thankfully they negotiated with no trouble . They were liberated in small groups and all groups made for home after a couple of circles . Tomorrow they are going again and daily weather permitting. We had a visit today from Glen Smith , Cyril Beattie and Reggie Thompson . Reggie told me he was impressed with the condition of the youngsters , which seems to be the opinion of all who have viewed them this year .In the 5years that I have been involved with the NCC I have never witnessed them exercise as well . They returned from training and Sean fed them lightly in and they took a drink . Sean opened the doors and let them free trap and they raked the skys and in fact were still doing so when I left near 6 . Hopefully I don’t put the jinx on them and they continue to enjoy good health .
willie reynolds

Re: News Update July 2017 -

First six Hotspot 1 Monaghan 23/7/17
23rd July 2017 2:20 pm | By: NCC AUTHOR - Adrian

O,Barrs , Shalimar Syn , Wentworth lofts , R McKinney & Sons , Yorkshire Young Guns ,Peter Lyttle are the first 6 home today .Congratulations ? Full returns will be posted later this evening .

North Coast Classic News Update –

Today's winner's of Monaghan Hotspot one was the O’Barr team, father and son syndicate of Ryan and Joel Barr. Ryan has sent me a small pedigree on their winner, (who is known in the NCC as Patch, because young Joel picked this youngster out as his favourite and called him Patch, before entering him into the NCC). This pedigree may be short and sweet but as you see, it says it all....Patch's sire was a Hot Spot winner for Willy Neill, in 2013 winning Hotspot 4....and the Dam is also a NCC Hot Spot winner ,winning Hotspot 5 in 2012. This hen was a Lue Culemans venture pigeon in 2012 and was bought by the Dambuster Syndicate....So there you go, the old saying must be right.....put winner's to winner's and you'll get winner's.
willie reynolds

Birds on their way to Navan for Hotspot 2 . Release should be around 9.00am. We will update later for confirmation of liberation. Good luck to all competing.
willie reynolds

Congratulations
31st July 2017 6:08 pm | By: NCC AUTHOR - Adrian
We congratulate Tickers Team , past winners of the NCC Classic Final , on their Hotspot win today from Navan . Also hearty congratulations to our other prize winners .

Return to “North Coast Classic (Coleraine) -”