Obituary - Joe Ebbs

Homer's Odyssey - News From Around Ireland by Willie Reynolds BHW & RP Scribe and PO for NIPA, INFC and RPRA (Irish Region).
willie reynolds

Obituary - Joe Ebbs

Post by willie reynolds »

Around Christmas time always turns out to be a sad time for some families and I have the sad news of the death of a lifelong pigeon fancier Joe ebbs you was one of the most dedicated fanciers came to Derry to live from Dublin around 50 years ago where he raced pigeons as a school kid and his memories of helping release and watch liberation's of the trains while I knew Joe from his time in Derry he was one of the most dedicated fanciers racing and showing in his time from short to long distance right through his illness I would here him scraping out as early as 6.30 before he got his pigeons basketed for training around 7.30 and going to races they where immaculate and always told me the day he couldn't do the pigeons himself is the day he wouldn't have them while not so long ago in the last 3 months Joe had purchased at sales he was hit down very fast and no less than four weeks ago Joe decided to call it a day and all pigeons went to good homes not to be sold but give to his friends and local fanciers I could write all day about Joe but it's hard to his immediate family wife children and grandchildren and also his life time friend in pigeons Paul hegarty I and my family offer them our condolences rip buddy. Jim Ramsey.

Return to “Homer's Odyssey”