Barry & Nevin featured by Jamie Kelly

The Irish South Road Federation (ISRF) was formed in 1968 and currently has approximately 800 racing members/partnerships in over thirty clubs. The federation covers an area from Wicklow to Monaghan, with the majority of the members located in the Dublin region The weekly races have approx 8,000 to 14,000 birds competing in the inland races, and 2000 to 4000 approx birds competing in the six channel races. Depending on where the birds cross, they will fly between 60 and 100 miles approximately from England (the Irish Channel) and over 600 miles from France (St Malo) to Dublin. The ISRF has four 40 foot transporters with a carrying capacity of nearly 17,000 birds at 20 birds per crate. For all the latest News and Results on the Federation click here.
willie reynolds

Barry & Nevin featured by Jamie Kelly

Post by willie reynolds »

Loft report -

ISRF Old Bird Champions Eddie Barry & Mark Nevin

Today I had a trip out to the loft of the 2019 isrf old bird champions 2019 , this partnership is made up of Eddie Barry,Mark nevin and marks father also plays a part in the success of this loft , the 3 lads work hard and well together all year and it is certainly working wat they are doin, as this year is only there second year ever racing old birds and they go and win the old bird average in the isrf ,I dought any loft had ever made such and impact in such a short time in the sport, the lads started the season like a house on fire taken 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 12th isrf from thurles aprox 10000 birds ,and were consistently up near the top of the isrf week in week out trueout the old bird season ,then the icing on the cake was toppin the isrf from pilmore beach again approx 10000 birds ,and this was not the first time the lads have topped the isrf as that was there 3rd isrf win since been in the sport only a couple of seasons as they previously topped it from dunmanway & pilmore beach again also ,that really is some achievement from a loft and fanciers only new to this game as any 1 who knows the isrf knows it's 1 of if not the hardest fed anywere in Europe to win as u have a huge number of loft and birds all racing into a small radios with some of the best sprint flyers any were in the world racing in it in my opinion,so for the lads to pull these results of takes some doin but also proves with hard work dedication and good pigeons anything is possible ,and the highs didn't stop there for the lads as they also won best bird in isrf 2019 with there super hen and racing machine now named Terry,this hen is a magic hen with multiple first prize wins and also many top top positions in the isrf against approx 10000 birds 3rd fed 5th fed ect to name a few,this hen is a direct daughter of the new super breeding machine and foundation cock at this loft the 222 cock ,Eddie told me he was told to buy this cock at Sean's hunts sale at super 6 a few years ago and he did and wat a good buy this was as just in a short few breeding seasons this cock is responsible for multiple winners and is also now gsire to multiple winners ,nearly everything of this cock does some damage were ever they go ,and in my opinion in a few years time this cock will leave a legacy in the isrf of top performance pigeons as I think he is gonna end up 1 of the best breeders ever to grace Dublin ,Eddie is also great friends with Sheldon Leonard and alot of the lads best breeders are also coming from Sheldon or via Sheldon some super pigeons the lads have also been lucky enough to get from these great lofts true Sheldon,now onto the system and the lads race there old birds on widowhoood with most of the damage been done with there team of hens ,Eddie told me they work there hens hard all year ,these hens are fed well and are trained hard from 40 miles 4 times a week regardless of weather or wind they must go ,they also race there yb in the darkness system and they also train hard all season ,so no messing here just hard work good pigeons and dedication as from speaking with the lads they leave nothing unturned 100% goes in every day and that's why I'm not surprised by these super results and I'm sure this is only the start for this great partnership as this loft is only gonna go 1 way in my opinion and that's up with the quality of birds they have ,so that's it there's your isrf old bird champions and some well deserved credit to them as I'm sure most people know Eddie does alot of work in the sport and alot of videos on lofts giving them recognition so him and mark and marks father deserve it also ,well done lads fantastic year and best of luck for 2020 - Photos supplied by Eddie Barry. Jamie Kelly PO Dublin.

Mr Perfection direct son of The Super 222

Terry, direct daughter of The Super 222

willie reynolds

Re: Barry & Nevin featured by Jamie Kelly

Post by willie reynolds »

Return to “Irish South Road Federation”