George Cully featured by Jamie Kelly -

The Irish South Road Federation (ISRF) was formed in 1968 and currently has approximately 800 racing members/partnerships in over thirty clubs. The federation covers an area from Wicklow to Monaghan, with the majority of the members located in the Dublin region The weekly races have approx 8,000 to 14,000 birds competing in the inland races, and 2000 to 4000 approx birds competing in the six channel races. Depending on where the birds cross, they will fly between 60 and 100 miles approximately from England (the Irish Channel) and over 600 miles from France (St Malo) to Dublin. The ISRF has four 40 foot transporters with a carrying capacity of nearly 17,000 birds at 20 birds per crate. For all the latest News and Results on the Federation click here.
willie reynolds

George Cully featured by Jamie Kelly -

Post by willie reynolds »

Loft report on ISRF Champion - Mr George Cully

So yesterday I had a trip over to visit the loft and isrf champion George cully ,George had a 2019 he will never forget becoming isrf champion, winning combined average's in isrf,and also best open fancier isrf 2019 ,alot of people might of seen this as a shock for George to become isrf champion but i certainly didn't as iv been watching George's results for the past few seasons and he has been creeping closer and closer to the top every year for the past few seasons ,George had some fantastic races this year been Mr consistent as George was constantly puttin up results week in week out all season old birds young birds and also George is no stranger to top channell results either been 6th open in the last Penzance race and this man is also a former Miller gold cup winner back in 2010 with his great pigeon ethan it don't get much better than this ,and also all this success from a very modest small back garden loft and a man who works a full time job so again it just proves if u don't make excuses get out of bed early work hard and dream big anything is possible as George has proven that this year ,George won 11 races in the ultra competitive finglas club this year and that I am told is a new club record and some achievement as some amazing fanciers are in this club past and present ,when u consider this club can send anything from 500to1000 birds weekly and also from a small team flyer like George,again just proves quality over quantity wins every time ,the right birds in the right hands will beat any1 regardless of numbers as George has proved ,the highlight for George this year was topping the isrf from castletown with his good hen jorgia,I handled this hen yesterday and she is fantastic pigeon and bred in the purple as her mother really was something special been the dam of 12 individual 1st prize winners in Dublin and also isrf winners now that really does take some doin and I think u would be lookin for a long time to find many better hens than this 1 any were in Dublin or Ireland for that matter,and that's why George has half his breeding loft full with children of this great hen ,another cock we handled yesterday and again he was class was George's barleycove 2018 open winner Frank, George's entire team if I'm quite honest were something special and it's gonna take something special for some1 to take this title of George next season as his team were a credit to him 100% health and condition as good as u could get in my opinion and George is a perfectionist leaves nothing to chance everything is like clock work ,now onto the system and again George does most of his damage with widowhoood/jelosy hens ,George likes to keep his hens to a strict routine and trains them 13 mile in the morning and they fly the skies out every evening after George gets home from work ,George also flys a brillaint young bird and his yb team again are trained hard and kept to a strick routine same procedure every day,so there u have it the 2019 isrf champion and could't happen to a nicer more down to earth man mr George cully, well done George u should be proud and thanks for having us over yesterday and best of luck this season. Photos supplied by Eddie Barry. Jamie Kelly PO Dublin.

Return to “Irish South Road Federation”