RPRA Result Virtual Race (1) -

The NIPA was founded in 1945 and it's membership was open to all members within Northern Ireland - We are one of the largest weekly convoying organisations in the UK. Presently we have approx. 100 clubs as members, with over 2,000 members. Birds competing each week can reach 25 to 30 thousand, depending on the race. The race programme starts in Ireland down to Rosscarbery and continues through Wales & England to Penzance, and the Premier OB Nat flown from St Malo (France).
willie reynolds

RPRA Result Virtual Race (1) -

Post by willie reynolds »

Just to let you know that the Virtual Race is starting to take shape. Please check out the NIPA site at http://www.wm28vps.co.uk/RaceResults
Once clubs upload the result the Open result can be compiled. The Open result compiles of two clubs so far. A great start and shows the system working. I would like to get every club uploaded with a virtual race.

Login to your account. Synchronise your database. This sets all member details and distances.
Race setup and press the green arrow and the three virtual races will be downloaded.
Watch the tutorial of producing a race using the manual option http://pigeon.org.uk/race-programme-setup/race

Upload your result and check it at http://www.wm28vps.co.uk/RaceResults

Wait for Ian Evans to select a random velocity and see if you win a prize. Each club will receive a prize and the Open winner will receive a prize.

Stay safe - Peter Humphries.

That was the instructions put on the site for NIPA clubs that are registered and most are, to set up a result for the Virtual Race (1) and least two more to follow. I have noticed a few clubs have been able to upload a result and I also know a few more are working their way through this new programme. For my own club I did manage to set up a small result but then it got lost in the system, it will take a bit of time to iron out all difficulties and updates are going on all the time. In the NIPA first Virtual (1) result (it’s listed under NIPA Open) I noticed the layout includes pools etc which are not required in the ordinary races, it also needs set up to indicate the various Sections and the club name for each position. The layout that includes the pools will be ok for the National & Classic results and it has also been suggested we have a page for the various Nat Centres, last season we had 14. Like I say the whole thing will take a bit of fixing, I have no doubt this is the way forward. Clubs nor registered should do so immediately and all those that have registered should try setting up a result, it’s the only way to learn, trial and error and so far I have had plenty of that.

Please remember for virtual racing we do virtual training, that means even on an essential or necessary journey don’t take a hamper of birds – it’s not allowed at present time and that’s no joke. There will be plenty of time down the line.

Return to “Northern Ireland Provincial Amalgamation (NIPA)”