NIPA update

The NIPA was founded in 1945 and it's membership was open to all members within Northern Ireland - We are one of the largest weekly convoying organisations in the UK. Presently we have approx. 100 clubs as members, with over 2,000 members. Birds competing each week can reach 25 to 30 thousand, depending on the race. The race programme starts in Ireland down to Rosscarbery and continues through Wales & England to Penzance, and the Premier OB Nat flown from St Malo (France).
willie reynolds

NIPA update

Post by willie reynolds »

THE NIPA HELD ITS FIRST VIDEO CONFERENCE MEETING ON WEDNESDAY EVENING WITH 29 MEMBERS PARTICIPATING.

THE MEETING WENT WELL WITH VERY FEW PROBLEMS AND IF WE RECEIVE ANY POSITIVE INFORMATION TODAY THURSDAY FROM STORMONT AND LONDON ON SUNDAY WE WILL HOLD ANOTHER MEETING ON MONDAY EVENING.

IF PERMISSION TO COMMENCE RACING IS GRANTED THE RPRA WILL ISSUE A PROTOCOL OF WHAT WILL BE EXPECTED TO RACE MARK OUR PIGEONS
AT THE MOMENT WE HAVE NO CLEAR GUIDANCE ON THAT.

I MUST EMPHASIS AGAIN THAT TRAINING IS STILL NOT PERMITTED IF THAT SHOULD CHANGE WE WILL NOTIFY YOU IMMEDIATELY
THE NIPA WILL DO ITS UTMOST TO OBTAIN P.P.E. EQUIPMENT FOR THE CLUB`S AND ITS MEMBERS.
REMEMBER YOU HAVE A DUTY OF CARE TO ALL YOUR MEMBERS AND THE NIPA HAS A DUTY OF CARE TO ITS EMPLOYEES.

THE NIPA WILL ASSIST FUND RAISING TO THE N.H.S. LATER IN THE YEAR.
I HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT TRAINING IN THE SOUTH WILL COMMENCE THIS COMING WEEKEND AND RACING WILL COMMENCE AROUND 30TH MAY OR 1ST WEEKEND IN JUNE OR POSSIBLY EARLIER.

POSSIBLE RACE PROGRAMMES WERE DISCUSSED OBVIOUSLY NO DECISIONS CAN BE TAKEN UNTIL WE ARE GIVEN THE GO AHEAD, ONE POSSIBILITY IS THAT YOUNG BIRD RACING WOULD NOT START UNTIL 1ST SATURDAY IN AUGUST AND CONTINUE THROUGH SEPTEMBER. THIS WOULD FREE UP AT LEAST 8 WEEKS OLD BIRD RACING.

HOPEFULLY IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS WE WILL HAVE SOME POSITIVE NEWS FOR YOU ALL AND REMEMBER YOU WILL HAVE ABIDE BY ANY GUIDANCE ISSUED TO YOU.

REGARDS

FRED

Posted in Latest NIPA news
willie reynolds

Re: NIPA update

N.I.P.A. Committee meeting.

THE N.I.P.A. WILL HOLD ITS SECOND ON LINE COMMITTEE MEETING ON MONDAY 11TH MAY 2020 MEETING COMMENCING AT 7.30PM.

YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR INVITATION TO ATTEND THIS MEETING TODAY FRIDAY.

THERE IS NO CHANGE IN THE PRESENT SITUATION WE ARE STILL LOCKED DOWN UNTIL WE HEAR FROM THE PRIME MINISTER THIS SUNDAY AND HOPEFULLY INFORMATION WILL BE FORTHCOMING FROM STORMONT.

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE INFORMATION LEAKING OUT THAT WE WILL PROBABLY BE LOCKED DOWN FOR ANOTHER THREE WEEKS. THIS WOULD TAKE US UP TO THE END OF MAY.

HOPEFULLY SOME GOOD NEWS EMERGES THIS INCOMING WEEK.

REGARDS FRED
willie reynolds

N.I.P.A. Update 12th May 2020.
Posted on May 12, 2020 by trevor
The N.I.P.A. held its second online committee meeting on Monday evening 11th May with a third meeting being scheduled for Monday 18th May or earlier if deemed necessary.

31 committee members logged into the meeting including our Chairman Ken Wilkinson we were all delighted to see him and he did take an active part in the meeting.

After last week`s enthusiasm , this week we are disappointed that no progress has been made.
We are hopeful over the next few days we may accomplish some movement on allowing us to train our pigeons and If this should happen you will be notified immediately.
If training should be allowed in Northern Ireland it will be individual training not transporter training.

TODAY TUESDAY 12TH MAY WE AWAIT A STATEMENT FROM THE DEVOLVED GOVERNMENT AT STORMONT.

IT IS UNLIKELY TO GIVE US THE PERMISSION WE ARE LOOKING FOR, HOWEVER THERE ARE LOTS OF CONTACTS BEING MADE TO LOCAL MLA S` ON THIS SUBJECT AND HOPEFULLY WE WILL MAKE PROGRESS.

THE EXISTING RULES STILL APPLY YOU MUST NOT TRAIN PIGEONS IN NORTHERN IRELAND.
THERE ARE A NUMBER OF SELFISH FANCIERS STILL DELIBERATELY BREAKING THIS INSTRUCTION AND ARE CONTINUING TO TRAIN THEIR PIGEONS NOT MANY BUT ENOUGH TO BE CONCERNED THE VAST MAJORITY OF YOU ARE ABIDING BY THEM AND FOR THAT WE THANK YOU.
FOR THOSE WHO STILL CHOOSE TO IGNORE THIS INSTRUCTION ALL YOU ARE DOING IS MAKING OUR EFFORTS MUCH MORE DIFFICULT TO GET YOU THE PERMISSION WE ALL WANT.
YOU MAY ULTIMATELY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR NO PERMISSION TO BE GRANTED TO TRAIN OR RACE YOUR PIGEONS THE CHOICE IS YOURS.

IF WE RECEIVE ANY POSITIVE INFORMATION WE WILL NOTIFY YOU IMMEDIATLEY.
IF YOU WISH TO LOOK AT THE R.P.R.A. SITE AND READ THE INFORMATION REGARDING TRAINING IN ENGLAND PLEASE DO SO BUT REMEMBER THIS DOES NOT COVER NORTHERN IRELAND.

HENCE I WILL NOT POST IT ON THE N.I.P.A. SITE I DO NOT WISH TO CREATE CONFUSION.

I SINCERELY HOPE THERE WILL BE SOME GOOD POSITIVE NEWS IN THE NOT TO DISTANT FUTURE.

STAY SAFE AND KEEP WELL. REGARDS Fred.
willie reynolds

N.I.P.A. Update Monday 18th May 2020.
Posted on May 18, 2020 by trevor

After tonight’s meeting of the committee which was attended by Mr J. Buckley M.L.A. who advised the N.I.P.A. of the present situation regarding the training of pigeons.

Training is still not permitted under the present legislation, this may change within the next 24/48 hours, and you will be notified immediately of any change.

PLEASE DO NOT TRAIN YOUR PIGEONS AS YOU MAY JEOPARDISE OUR FUTURE NEGOTIATIONS WITH THE NORTHERN IRELAND ASSEMBLY.

Fred Russell Secretary N.I.P.A.
willie reynolds

Re: NIPA latest update

N.I.P.A. Update Training 21st May 2020.
Posted on May 21, 2020 by trevor

Training can now commence under the Amendment of the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2020 made at 7.30 p.m. on 19th May 2020 and came into operation at 11.00 p.m. on 19th May 2020
Specific regulation amendment-
regulation 5(2) (restrictions on movement), after paragraph (m), insert—

(o) to take part in an outdoor activity;
(p) to take part in an outdoor gathering, in accordance with regulation 6A.”. “Restrictions on outdoor gatherings 6A. During the emergency period, a person may participate in an outdoor gathering consisting of—(i) up to six people who are not members of the same household; or (ii) any number of members of the same household.”.

We Would ask all members to abide by social distancing measures as outlined by Government.

We are continuing to engage with the Northern and other jurisdictions through Mr J. Buckley M.L.A. and other representatives regarding potential future racing.
Please note at this time Thursday 21st May training from the Republic of Ireland has not been authorized. Approval is being sought and we will advise if permission is granted or not.

Training transporters can be used with social distancing measures in place.

Permission to commence racing has not been approved as yet. We will update when further information is available.

Please all take care, follow the guidance on social distancing and hygiene and act responsibly.

Fred Russell N.I.P.A. Secretary.
willie reynolds

NIPA Update Saturday 23/05/20

The N.I.P.A. Zoom committee meeting scheduled for Monday 25th May 2020 has been rescheduled for Tuesday 26th May 2020. Monday is a Bank Holiday and the Northern Ireland Assembly will not be meeting on that day. The N.I. Assembly has to pass amended legislation to permit us to race pigeons. If this legislation goes through then the relevant departments in the N.I. Assembly and the relevant departments in the Republic of Ireland will contact each other and hopefully agree for racing to commence. Racing cannot take place until all of this is agreed and signed off. Please be patient and give all involved the space to carry out this very important work of obtaining permission.

As soon as we receive any further information you will be notified immediately.

The N.I.P.A. committee have agreed that all club`s must purchase their own Personal Protection Equipment. (PPE). Contact for you is Martin O’Neill of Larne. Tel: 07872 637872. Martin can supply Face Masks for around £4.00 per packet, Gloves at £5.00 per packet and Visers around £2.00 each. You are advised to contact him ASAP.

A Protocol for race marking will have to be drawn up and adhered to. I am asking Club’s to E-Mail their suggestions and Clubs must make arrangements to discuss their race marking procedures in line with the Government guidelines.

I will take this opportunity on behalf of all our members to thank everyone who has and still is assisting us to reach our goal. I will personally be writing to them all. Keep Safe & Well. Regards Fred.
willie reynolds

Dear All

Please see below in red a mail I have received today from Ian Evans

Hi Fred,
As things stand, in England, marking has to be done outdoors this isn't related to the Gatherings license as previously reported but the requirement of the stage 1 Government strategy for outdoor recreation.

In terms of racing from France, the FCF are willing to provide permits and our agent at the Ferry company has confirmed that pigeon transport is classed as freight and therefore exempt from the quarantine period

Regards Fred
willie reynolds

Initial NIPA programme: Tullamore, Gowran, Fermoy 1, Fermoy 2, Barley Cove. No start date agreed, discussions ongoing. P McLaughlin Vice Chair NIPA.

N.I.P.A. Update Wednesday 27th May 2020.
Posted on May 27, 2020 by trevor

Latest information from the Northern Ireland Assembly on Wednesday 27th May 2020 is that legislation is now in place to permit pigeon racing within Northern Ireland.

This legislation permits four members to be within the confines of the clubrooms to race mark the pigeons with suitable P.P.E. and practicing good hygiene.

Members entering the race will leave their pigeons and clock at the clubrooms entrance and go back to their vehicle or a distance from the clubrooms. Members must not gather in groups outside the clubroom premises. This is not permitted under the legislation.

The Northern Ireland Assembly is now in negations with the relevant departments in the Republic of Ireland.

At present we can only race within Northern Ireland until confirmation or otherwise is received from the department in the Republic of Ireland. We are hopeful of a decision in the near future.

The Northern Ireland Assembly have also submitted written requests to the Scottish and Welsh legislations to approve liberations of racing pigeons from Northern Ireland at this time.

Please be patient as negotiations take place.

The N.I.P.A. committee if approval is granted plan to have five inland races and review channel racing after the five races.

When any further information is available you will be informed immediately.

Fred Russell Secretary.
willie reynolds

UPDATE Tuesday 2nd June 2020 -

After Consultation with MLA’s in Stormont & TD’s in Dublin they have advised us on the following:

In-Line with social distancing practices due to COVID-19.

The N.I.P.A. has decided to put in place a race programme to commence on Tuesday the 9th June (weather permitting) with race marking being on Monday the 8th June. Members are reminded to adhere to all social distancing requirements as per government advice and R.P.R.A. protocol.

The N.I.P.A. Will continue to monitor the ongoing COVID-19 situation and reserve the right to amend the race programme accordingly.

This will be discussed in full at tomorrow evenings (Wednesday) Committee meeting.

Regards Fred Russell N.I.P.A.
willie reynolds

Update Wednesday 3rd June 2020

ALL CLUB`S MUST HAVE THE PROPER PPE EQUIPMENT FOR IT`S MEMBER`S INCLUDING GLOVES SUITABLE FACE COVERINGS FACILITIES TO WASH AND SANITISE THEIR HANDS,DISINFECTANT AND DISINFECTANT WIPES ALL OF THIS WILL BE REQUIRED BY THE RACE MARKING TEAM

MEMBERS SHOULD BE PROVIDED WITH AN APPOINTED TIME TO DELIVER THEIR PIGEONS AND SUFFICIENT TIME MUST BE GIVEN TO COMPLETE THE TASK

MEMBERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO CONGREGATE AROUND THE CLUB AND MUST STAY IN THEIR MODE OF TRANSPORT UNTIL CALLED FORWARD

SOCIAL DISTANCING MUST BE ADHERED TO AT ALL TIMES
PLEASE NOTE ANY CLUB NOT CARRYING OUT THE ABOVE INSTRUCTION RUN THE RISK OF BEING CLOSED DOWN EITHER BY THE POLICE OR TRADING STANDARDS

CLUBS SHOULD APPOINT AN INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBLE FOR OVERSEEING COMPLIANCE AND THEY SHOULD BE UNDER SEVENTY AND HAVE NO UNDERLYING HEALTH CONDITIONS

WHERE POSSIBLE ALL RACE MARKING SHOULD TAKE PLACE OUTDOORS

CLUBS SHOULD PUT IN PLACE THEIR OWN RACE MAKING PROCEDURES MUST MUST ADHERE TO ALL GUIDE LINE
LOADING THE TRANSPORERS WILL HAVE TO BE CARRIED OUT BY CLUB MEMBER`S TRANSPORT DRIVER WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ASSIST, IT WIL BE VERY DIFFICULT IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE FOR THOSE LOADING TO STAY TWO METERS APART. AND THE RACE MARKING TEAM SHOULD NOT TAKE PART IN THE LOADING OF THE TRANSPORTERS. NO MEMBER IS ALLOWED TO APPROCH THE CAB OF THE LORRY. THE LORRY DRIVER SHOULD HAVE A BOX AT THE REAR OF THE TRANSPORTER TO COLLECT ALL THE RELEVANT ENVELOPES AND ALL HANDLING THIS PAPERWORK SOULD BE WEARING GLOVES.

ULTIMATLEY IT WILL BE UP TO THE CLUB`S THAT IT IS THEIR RESPONSIBLITY TO ENSURE THAT GOVERNMENT RESTRICTIONS AND RELEVANT HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS ARE MET

I AM SURE YOU WILL WISH TO AMEND AND ADD TO THE ABOVE

Regards Fred.

Return to “Northern Ireland Provincial Amalgamation (NIPA)”