Loft Feature on Jamie Kelly, Sallynoggin -

The Irish South Road Federation (ISRF) was formed in 1968 and currently has approximately 800 racing members/partnerships in over thirty clubs. The federation covers an area from Wicklow to Monaghan, with the majority of the members located in the Dublin region The weekly races have approx 8,000 to 14,000 birds competing in the inland races, and 2000 to 4000 approx birds competing in the six channel races. Depending on where the birds cross, they will fly between 60 and 100 miles approximately from England (the Irish Channel) and over 600 miles from France (St Malo) to Dublin. The ISRF has four 40 foot transporters with a carrying capacity of nearly 17,000 birds at 20 birds per crate. For all the latest News and Results on the Federation click here.
willie reynolds

Loft Feature on Jamie Kelly, Sallynoggin -

Post by willie reynolds »

JAMIE KELLY
THE YOUNG MAESTRO FROM SALLYNOGGIN CO.DUBLIN

An article on Jamie Kelly of Sallynoggin HPS

On what can only described as an incredible season
Jamie has been always been keen on pigeons keeping them as a young boy.
It was in at the ripe age of 14 jamie got the bug for the next level and began racing with the sallynoggin hps in 2006 with birds from here and there which he achived some great success with as the years past by and jamie getting older jamie decided to take a short break from the sport to welcome the birth of his two beautiful daughters Kacie and willow

As things settled down the bug bit back at jamie and he set he stall out to get back racing again and that he did with instant success
Jamie these days still races with the sallynoggin hps with a membership of approximately 20 members and is still what we class as one of the sports youngest members been 30 years old jamie races pigeons from his mother's address in the heart of sallynoggin but lives away from the lofts with his girlfriend and kids in there own house meaning Jamie has to travel back on forward to be with the pigeons no easy task for any pigeon fanicer

Jamie's family of pigeons are based around birds obtained from Andrew Wilton Michel Terlouw Jason Byrne& Dan Bradley some new additions from
Wayne Doonan and Gerry O'mara and paul carter which have hit the ground running been a close friend of Jamie's since seen him restart in the sport iv seen a different fancier in him with hard work and dedication he has shot to the top of the leader board

In the last couple of seasons Jamie has been winning out of turn and knocking on the door for the averages
Jamie races only a small team of pigeons to a very small set up with the Irish south road federation with the sallynoggin hps and compeates in section B which can be seen sending anywhere from 1000 to 2000 birds a week and consists of clubs from
sallynoggin ballybrack bray inv and Bray south end 4 very strong clubs with approx 80 members

The 2020 season seen jamie have a golden year achieving superb results
With 16 old birds
Pilmore beach
4th club
5th section B
Talbenny
1st club
1st section B,
3rd open isrf
Mallow 5th 7th club
Thurles 2nd 3rd club
2nd 5th section B
Talbenny
Tek channel club
1st open
Sending on average 10 old birds per race
The young bird season
Castletown
1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9,10 club
2,4,7,10 section B
Mallow
1,2,3,4,8 club
2,3,8,9 section B
Cashel
2,3,5,6,7,8 club
3,4,7,8,9,10 section B
Pilmore beach
1,2,3,6,10 club
11 section B
Talbenny isrf open
1st club
1st section B
2nd open isrf
Mallow
1,4,5 club
5 section B
Skibbereen isrf open
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 club
4,5,6,9,10 section B
Pilmore beach
1,4,8,9 club
Castletown
1,3,7,8,9,10 club
Thurles
1,2,3,4,5,8,9 club
1,2,3,4,10 section B
Cashel
1,2,4,5,6,7,10 club
2,7 section B
Skibbereen
4th club
Jamie was crowned
section B isrf
fancier of the year
Combined average and young bird average
Winner section B isrf
Young bird of the year
Section B isrf
jamie was
1,3,4,5,7,14,19,20,21 bird of the year
Section B isrf against 80 members and anywhere up to 2000 birds weekly
Also bird of the year sallynoggin hps
Set a new record in sallynoggin hps
For most amount of yb wins and joint most overall wins in the last 20 years
First loft ever in sallynoggin to win 6 races in a row

Jamie's
OLD BIRDS
are raced on widowhood
With hens training daily while cocks exercise around the loft
Birds are fed Am and pm
On gerry plus and added fats towards the end of the week

YOUNG BIRDS
are raced on darkness
And trained on the wagon until after the 2nd yb race which then they are trained on there own from 13mile 3 times a week for the rest of the season and never loft fly once racing starts.

Young birds are fed on 5 different mixes
Which changes weekly to suit the race
So there you have it a golden year for Jamie Kelly a real star to watch which I'm sure we will be hearing a lot more of

Until next time keep flying. Stephen O'Brien .

willie reynolds

Re: Loft Feature on Jamie Kelly, Sallynoggin -

Post by willie reynolds »

Isrf section b young bird of year 2020 &,
Sallynoggin hps young bird of year 2020

Big thanks to Eddie Barry for a great job on the photo and also a big thank u to Jason Byrne and Dan Bradley for breeding my 2020 yb of the year, the lads also bred the sire to my 2019 yb of the year thanks lads, also thanks to my club for supplying the photo 2020 yb of yea Via Facebool Jamie Kelly.

My 2020 isrf section b young bird of the year and also sallynoggin hps young bird of the year 2020 also my channel pigeon Gary's gift
Big thanks to Eddie Barry for doin the photo and also Jason Byrne & Dan Bradley for breeding this great hen that won yb of year for me thanks lads also thanks to cooley bros for breeding me my 1st club ,1st section,,2nd open isrf talbenny winner in 2020 , Via Facebook

Return to “Irish South Road Federation”