AGM Proposals for 2021 -

The NIPA was founded in 1945 and it's membership was open to all members within Northern Ireland - We are one of the largest weekly convoying organisations in the UK. Presently we have approx. 100 clubs as members, with over 2,000 members. Birds competing each week can reach 25 to 30 thousand, depending on the race. The race programme starts in Ireland down to Rosscarbery and continues through Wales & England to Penzance, and the Premier OB Nat flown from St Malo (France).
willie reynolds

AGM Proposals for 2021 -

Post by willie reynolds »

Hi Everyone - please find attached proposals from Wilton Cross HPS I am sure you will have your own views on them personally I believe that they are a severe backward step for this organisation.

You will not be able to arrange collection of pigeons on the channel to catch the earlier sailing and subsequently your birds will have to be fed watered and rested on route and not arriving in Bude or Penzance until probably the early morning of liberation

The nipa will not be able to arrange extra races ie. two races on the same day with at least half of your transporters away at another race point, you cannot collect all club`s at their clubrooms with only three or less transporters available. It will mean loss of revenue and put extra expense onto the first race marking for Classic and Championship races with members of another club supervising a race has proved in the past not to be secure.

Deleting a Rule - I will have to read the rule book to see what they wish deleted

For at least half plus 1 of the Committee to be in agreement before a race can be flown if it requires some sort of change will be very challenging and could possibly mean cancellation of a race if these numbers cannot be achieved

Club`s will have to take notice our competing membership is falling dramatically and in a very short period of time they will have to accept massive changes to how we race mark and transport our pigeons.

Trophies and Diplomas should be ready next week for collection, lock down for the last two weeks have held us back

Your three new trophies presented by the RPRA and Irish Region should arrive in about 7/10 day’s-time, costing around £6.000 they will be named after Lyndon Boyle, Sammy Thompson and Robert Reid. These will be perpetual cups raced for in the Old Bird Cross Channel National the Old Bird Inland National and I believe the Young Bird Skibbereen National.

Your books are currently with the auditors I have not as yet had a preliminary meeting with them, it should be soon.

Regarding Newcastle disease in birds and poultry I believe there has been no reported cases in the commercial poultry flock which is very-good news for that industry. DEFRA has confirmed 5 cases in the wild bird population in Northern Ireland and three in the South of Ireland interestingly one in Cork is a peregrine and i read of a sparrow hawk in England

Please pass the message on to all members and club`s please do not give your pigeons freedom at this time keep the locked up and away from the wild bird population
Regarding racing next season which is only around 20 weeks away, I believe we will still have some restrictions hopefully not a strict as last year and that racing can commence mid-April as usual. All of you keep safe keep to the guidelines have the best Christmas you can. i will be in touch with you all as soon as I receive our accounts for 2020. The Irish Region have confirmed Crossgar as a member of the Region and RPRA and this now means Crossgar is accepted as a member of the NIPA for 2021

Regards Fred.

The correspondence from Wilton Cross was dated 25th November and was signed by A Larkin (Chairman) and G Douglas (Secretary).
After consultation with its members the Wilton Cross HPS would like to propose the following resolutions for the forth coming AGM of the NIPA.

1. Submit new rule to state: All National races birds to be race marked at Centres with exception of Championship and Classic races where birds can be race marked at clubs with 2 members of another club officiating.
2. Submit new rule to state: That in event of a race cancellation the decision can only be made by half plus one of the NIPA General Committee.
3. Submit new rule to state: All club races on the programme, crates to be collected by NIPA transporter at the club’s own premises.
4. Delete Rule 55 in its entirety. Rule 55 Reads. The Management Committee shall have power to make and alter rules to cover any emergency. In circumstances when this is necessary any such rules will only operate to the next Annual General Meeting where they must be confirmed or deleted.
willie reynolds

Re: AGM Proposals for 2021 -

Post by willie reynolds »

NIPA Trophies and Diplomas 2020.

The NIPA trophies and diplomas award in the 2020 season are now ready for collection from the office. If you wish to have any Section diplomas framed please advise the cost is £8.00 each Please make an appointment with myself so we can agree a time for collection, please wear masks and gloves At the moment i have a meeting to attend on Thursday 17th at 2.00pm Regards Fred.

PS Could I ask that all winners if possible have a photo done at home or at the loft with the winning cups and diplomas and send to the Press Officers, Sect A, B, E & H to Homer and Sect C, D, F & G To New Kid on the Block, to be used for publicity purposes.

Return to “Northern Ireland Provincial Amalgamation (NIPA)”