No Training YET!

The NIPA was founded in 1945 and it's membership was open to all members within Northern Ireland - We are one of the largest weekly convoying organisations in the UK. Presently we have approx. 100 clubs as members, with over 2,000 members. Birds competing each week can reach 25 to 30 thousand, depending on the race. The race programme starts in Ireland down to Rosscarbery and continues through Wales & England to Penzance, and the Premier OB Nat flown from St Malo (France).
willie reynolds

No Training YET!

Post by willie reynolds »

Training of Pigeons and Information on this web site.
Posted on March 4, 2021 by fred

At present training of racing pigeons is not permitted.
Pigeons can be released from the loft for exercise.
It has been report that racing pigeons are being released at the Moira motorway roundabout. Restrictions are in place at present and until DAERA issue a general licence training or racing cannot take place.

Also please note that the web site may not be available in the next few days, this is due to hosting issues which we are trying to resolve at this time. If the site is closed down we will reinstate it as soon as possible.
Fred Russell
N.I.P.A. secretary.
willie reynolds

Re: No Training YET!

Post by willie reynolds »

Hi Everyone - I have some encouraging news for you this morning

I received in the post a New General licence from DAERA . This licence appears to allow us to have bird gathering for Racing pigeons in Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland with certain restrictions which must be adhered to

Reading through it small transporters will have to keep records for up to 12 months of all members and their pigeons and fanciers must have their Dard Number

Regards Fred.

Return to “Northern Ireland Provincial Amalgamation (NIPA)”