Skibbereen OB Nat - 01/06/21 - 1st Open Derek Walsh 1392

It was in 1932 that His Majesty King George V presented a new cup to the Irish National Flying Club to be known as The King George V Challenge Cup and was to be awarded to the winner of the OB Grand National.

The 1932 Grand National race was flown from Les Sables at a distance of some 600 miles and the race was won by R Hawthorn from Ligoniel in North Belfast.This race was flown under IHU rules and it was not until 1948 that the Kings Cup was flown under IHU and RPRA rules.The race in 1948 was won by Sammy Robinson from Belfast.

The Irish National Flying Club have a six race programme for the 2020 season which enables its members to compete in the inland Nationals or over the channel at the very highest level. I hope you will enjoy using the website as it will be a source of information through out the season. Good luck to all members competing in this years Nationals. Ronnie Johnston Patron INFC.

The INFC has 2,100 members across Ireland. The 6 Race Programme includes the famous Kings Cup from France. Friendship Nat is also France, Ylr Nat Sennen Cove, YB Nat Penzance and OB and YB Nat from Skibbereen. Numerous other awards including Gold Medal, Hall of Fame Diploma, Triple Championship, Single Bird Challenge, 3 Bird Championship, Merit Awards etc. Results, Reports, Latest News etc. See Website http://www.irishnationalflyingclub.com or http://www.infc.co.uk
willie reynolds

Skibbereen OB Nat - 01/06/21 - 1st Open Derek Walsh 1392

Post by willie reynolds »

Tuesday 1st June 2021 -

Skibbereen old bird inland national. Sponsored by Bamfords Top Flight.
296 members have entered 3043 pigeons in the race.

Please note the following.
Stillorgan clock station is now moved to Sallynoggin clubrooms at present.
Banbridge clock station is now at Frazers Animal Feeds premises Banbridge.
Edgarstown Portadown is now a temporary clock station.
Coleraine Premier clubrooms is now a temporary clock station any member using this station please contact Russell McAlary on 07759539451.
The pigeons have been released at 09:45 wind at the release site was light north easterly.

Our next update will be this evening.

Skibbereen old bird inland national sponsored by Bamfords Top Flight

Tuesday 1st June

Provisional result for today’s race.

South section. 1st Derek Walsh Tower Inv. Waterford Velocity 1392.8 overall race winner.
2nd 3rd & 4th Derek Walsh Tower Inv. 1392.6 1392.1 & 1391.9 5th J Kelly Carlow & Dist, 1370

Middle section. !st J Boothman & Son Jun Blanchardstown 1337, 2nd Keegan & Darling Dublin 1318, 3rd Zeballos & Thorpe Trim 1282, 4th P Rock & Son Dublin N.E. 1280
5th L Gaffney Naas 1277

North Section. 1st I Rollins & Son Hillsborough & Maze 1383, 2nd J & L Smyth Grosvenor 1375, 3rd A & N Lewis Doagh 1348, 4th A Feeney & Son Gilford 1336
5th J Ward Glen Inv. 1325 - Provisional result subject to change.

Muckamore Station – J & L Smyth Grosvenor 1375, A & N Lewis Doagh & Dist 1348, Joe Ward Glen HPS 1325, J & D Braniff Wheatfield 1298, G & R Lawrie Ballyclare 1294, A & N Lewis 1288, Grattan Bros & Speerrs Eastway 1272, J & L Smyth 1269, J Burrows Eastway 1269, D & R Turkington Doagh & District 1266, D & R Turkington 1264, J Burrows 1262, J & D Braniff 1262, P & C Carson Harmony 1261, D & J Campbell Eastway 1260, D & J Campbell 1260, D & J Armstrong & Son Carrick Social 1255, D & J Armstrong & Son 1254, J & L Smyth 1250, J Burrows 1250, R Bethel & Son & D Young Muckamore 1239, D & J Campbell 1234, Grattan Bros & Speers 1231, J Burrows 1229, Joe Ward 1228.

Sunday 30/05/21

Race marking for Skibbereen Inland National will take place on Monday 31st May for a possible release on Tuesday.

Race marking times as below in the previous post.

NFC RACE MARKING DETAILS FOR MONDAY 31/5/2021

Race marking guidance and instructions for Skibbereen Inland National.
Posted on May 29, 2021

Covid -19 is still a cause for and please adhere to any requests at the marking and clock stations.

Times for race marking.
10:00 to 11:30 East Down Combine, Ulster Fed., N.I.P.A. sections C, F, and G. Individual north section members.
12: 00 to 14:00 N.I.P.A. sections A, B, D, E, H.
14:00 to 15:30 All south and middle sections and Individual south section members.
Please take care when completing your entry forms, especially when totaling them up.
Attach your payment to the entry form and put your membership number on the back of your cheque or bank draft. If the payment covers more than one member please put all membership numbers on the back of the cheque or draft and keep the entry forms together.
Payments will not be processed at the race marking to avoid queuing.
Any shortages will be removed from pool monies and any over payments will be added to pool monies. (This can be avoided by accurately completing your entry form and payment.)
Any members paying by euro please remember to multiply the sterling grand total by 1.20 for the currency conversion.

Please keep your social distance at the marking centre.
Any help to race mark the pigeons would be appreciated.
Thank you for your co operation and please all act responsible when attending the marking centre and respect the facilities which have been kindly granted.
Catering will be available as usual.
We will update on Sunday to confirm race marking will take place on Monday.
willie reynolds

Re: Skibbereen OB Nat - 01/06/21 - 1st Open Derek Walsh 1392

INFC Skibbereen OB Inland National 2021 - sponsored by Bamfords Top Flight

After an absence of one whole season due to the restrictions in place across Ireland during the Covid 19 one good aspect was that fees paid for the un-flown season would be carried forward to 2021. The situation was changing all the time, and everything was put in place in the hope that racing the already established programme would be able to start on time. Marking arrangements in Lisburn were staggered for the various organisations and entry cheques were attached to the paper-work to avoid queues, it all appeared to go well with Secretary Trevor Topping keeping everything in check and full crates removed immediately to the transporter sitting outside. Temporary Stations were set up for race checking again to avoid large numbers gathering and seemed to work like clockwork. A good team of dedicated workers were again on hand although having said that you are glad to get as much help as possible. The Secretary had a massive amount of work and done well to have race details available for the next day liberation and a result out almost immediately.

In the opening race of the year flown on Tuesday 1st June 296 members had sent 3,043 birds competing for £8,393 in pools and prize money, the first of the INFC six race programme, down again compared over the last three seasons. Liberation in Skibbereen in County Cork was 9.45am in a Light North East wind. The race was sponsored once again by Bamfords Top Flight, and we are very grateful to them for their continued sponsorship. The race took the same format as previous few years with the Ronnie Johnston Challenge Cup and Diploma awarded to the Overall winner and the Gerald Delaney Trophy awarded to the best velocity of the other two sections. The winner of 1st Section with the lowest winning velocity will receive a coveted INFC Diploma.

There are no INFC Open positions for the Skibbereen National’s, but prizes are allocated to the three sections. As the result is divided into 3 sections I intend to cover the Top 5 in the three sections in this article as has been past practice. Race winner and 1st, 2nd, 3rn and 4th South Sect was won by Derek Walsh of the Tower Invitation RPC, recording velocity 1392, 1st Middle Sect was J Boothman & Son Jun of Blanchardstown in Dublin vel 1337, and 1st North Sect was I Rollins & Son of the Hillsborough & Maze doing vel 1383. Bamfords Top Flight sponsorship, included 2 bags of mixture to the race winner and 3 bags of mixture each to the affiliated organisations NIPA, East Down Combine, Ulster Federation, East Coast Federation, Irish SR Federation, and South Leinster Fed etc. Homers Odyssey will feature Centre Results, Combine & Fed Results, and Club Results.

1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th South Sect and 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th Open INFC D Walsh, Tower Invitation RPC – Vel 1392, 1392, 1392 and 1391 flying 105 miles winning £198 and the Ronnie Johnston Challenge Cup

Derek Walsh from County Waterford who I had previously met at the Lisburn Centre a couple of years ago had a super team performance and was well pleased to collect his first 1st Nat in the INFC He has put together a collection of the very-best, bloodlines from across the world at his Dynesdy Lofts and has won numerous awards.

The first bird clocked is bred from one of the best breeding sons of 1st National Ace KBDB Pigeon “Sagan”. This son of Sagan is father to many top ten positions in the NIPA up to 25,000 pigeons. FATHER TO WINNERS: 2. PRIZE 2.223p, 3. PRIZE 2.440p, 4. PRIZE 11.551p, 9. NAT IHUNFC 730p, 15. PRIZE 1.874p, 38. PRIZE 7.740p, 46. PRIZE 11.551p, 79. PRIZE 7.740p, 84. PRIZE 12.253p, 132.PRIZE 25.206p, 178.PRIZE 22.877p, 224.PRIZE 10.866p, 243.PRIZE 18.313p, 257.PRIZE 22.129p, 267.PRIZE 22.899p, 270.PRIZE 22.129p

His mother is direct daughter of Bolt 11, the best breeding brother of 1st National Ace KBDB pigeon Bolt & daughter of Gilbert SUPER DAUGHTER - BOLT 11 INCREDIBLE PROVEN BREEDER - MOTHER TO WINNERS: 1. FEDERATION 920p, 2. FEDERATION 3.212p, 3. FEDERATION 1.252p, 6. FEDERATION*2.121p, 7. FEDERATION*2.440p, 8. FEDERATION*1.874p, 8. NAT IHUNFC 688p, 11.FEDERATION 1.131p, 12.FEDERATION*1.874p, 12.NAT IHUNFC 1.095p, 14.FEDERATION 2.405p, 16.FEDERATION 3.267p, 18.FEDERATION 2.823p, 22.NAT IHUNFC 1.095p, 32.NAT IHUNFC 1.095p

DAUGHTER TO BEST BREEDING BROTHER - BOLT, FULL SISTER TO 1. FASTEST +12.000p
The winner himself “Young Sagan”1st INFC Skibbereen 2021 Is also winner of 2nd Federation 3,400 pigeons (arriving with the winner) plus 11 Top ten Federation positions as a yearling and 2 year-old competing against on average 2,800 pigeons. I am more than sure should this bird had raced in Belgium as a yearling he would certainly been a strong candidate for 1st National Ace KBDB his results are that good.

Second Bird - Father of the second bird is bred from the best of Marcel Sangers Van de BulckHe is Grandson 1st National Ace KBDB Pigeon “Kittel” & the father is full brother to the mother of Kittel- Olympic Rosita TOP INBRED G.SON OF OLYMPIC PAIR & - DAUGHTER OF KITTEL - KONICA
FULL BROTHER TO: - OLYMPIC ROSITA: 1. OLYMPIC ACE BIRD, 1.NAT ACE SUPERBIRD & MOTHER TO: - KITTEL 1.NAT ACE KBDB 2013
SON OF KONICA FATHER TO: 3. FEDERATION 219p, 3. FEDERATION 1.131p

The mother of my second bird is granddaughter of World-famous Di Caprio- carrying all the very-best of the Olympiad 003 lines. This hen is mother & grandmother to 3 National Winners in the last few years & she is also full sister to Mr Blue Skies winner if 1st National 2,400 pigeons in 2017 for me also.
FANTASTIC BREEDING GRAND-DAUGHTER OF - DI CAPRIO AMAZING LINES FROM - GOLDEN BOLT, - JACKPOT, - OLYMPIC BOLT, - SUPER MOOI, - KANNIBAAL
MOTHER TO: 5. FEDERATION 2.316p, 1. FEDERATION*1.537p, 2. NAT INFC* 2.035p, 1. NAT IHUNFC* 730p, 10.FEDERATION*1.874p. GRANDPARENTS*
FULL SISTER TO: 1.NAT IHUNFC 1.980p
She also has the line of Golden Bolt in her, Full brother to 1st National Ace KDBD Pigeon Bolt
The second bird himself has may top ten position including in May 2021 1st Federation 3,500 pigeons

Third bird - Father of the 3rd bird is Nero, he is grandson of Blauwe Leo & 1st National Ace KBDB bird Kittel, he is also father to 1st National Pigeon Trigge, (now a super breeder herself) 11,055 pigeons & winner of Up North Combine 2017 NERO - DYNAMIC BREEDER
FATHER TO 1. NATIONAL 11.055p, 1. FEDERATION+1.800p, 1. FEDERATION 920p, 3. FEDERATION+4.500p, 1. PRIZE +300p, 1. PRIZE +300p
HALF BROTHER TO 1. FEDERATION 3.212p 6. FEDERATION 2.823p
FATHER TO - EXPENSIVE TRIGGER, 1. NATIONAL 11.055p, AMAZING BREEDER P&D BREEDING STUD
DECENDING FROM SUPER WINNING / SPRINT & MIDDLE / DISTANCE FAMILIES KBDB & NATIONAL LEVEL - KITTEL X PITBULL - SUPER BREEDERS. Plus, many more positions
The mother of this pigeon is mother to the winner direct daughter of Bolt 11, the best breeding brother of 1st National Ace pigeon Bolt & daughter of Gilbert- Leo Hereman

The Bird himself is Federation winner as a young bird entering only 1 race in 2020.
Half-brother to 2021 1st INFC Winner Skibbereen. His mother is direct daughter of Bolt 11, the best breeding brother of 1st National Ace KBDB pigeon Bolt & daughter of Gilbert
SUPER DAUGHTER - BOLT 11
INCREDIBLE PROVEN BREEDER - MOTHER TO WINNERS: 1. FEDERATION 920p, 2. FEDERATION 3.212p, 3. FEDERATION 1.252p, 6. FEDERATION*2.121p, 7. FEDERATION*2.440p, 8. FEDERATION*1.874p, 8. NAT IHUNFC 688p, 11. FEDERATION1.131p, 12. FEDERATION*1.874p, 12.NAT IHUNFC 1.095p, 14. FEDERATION 2.405p, 16. FEDERATION 3.267p, 18. FEDERATION 2.823p, 22.NAT IHUNFC 1.095p, 32.NAT IHUNFC 1.095p
DAUGHTER TO BEST BREEDING BROTHER - BOLT. FULL SISTER TO 1. FASTEST+12.000p
Winner of 1st IRISH NATIONAL FLYING CLUB Skibbereen 2021 1st June
Grandson of 1st National Ace SAGAN & BOLT I I - Full brother to 1st National Ace Pigeon BOLT.

Just like to thank my good friend Stuart Fawcett who made it possible for me to acquire our 2 Sons and 2 Full brothers of Sagan. Thanks Derek, a whole line of performance!

5th South Section Jimmy Kelly, Carlow & District – Vel 1370 flying 136 miles winning £25

James Kelly cock that was 1st club, 1st fed, 5th section and 7th National Skibbereen was a Dirk van den Bulck that Jimmy has named “Donal”. He was bred by themselves off birds that were obtained as gifts from Donal Kelly who races in the Cabra club in Dublin. Another pigeon fancier in the Carlow South RPC Michael Purcell has a full brother to this cock has won 3 x 1sts and well up the Federation.

1st North Section I Rollins & Son, Hillsborough & Maze – Vel 1383 flying 240 miles winning 200

Former INFC and NIPA YB Skibbereen National winner Clyde Rollins has wen’t and done it again. - winning the Oil Bird INFC Skibbereen North Section on Tuesday 1st June.
These birds were released at 09.45am in light North Easterly wind, on what proved to be a very trying day. The winning bird was clocked at 2:51pm, but unfortunately Clyde failed to spot the arrival of his bird, very fustrating I'm sure.

Clyde was telling me the bird was showing a bit of form, the previous week from Fermoy she was 30th Open, and that was even with flying round for a few minutes upon arrival, it’s as well she didn't do that on Tuesday Clyde. The breeding of this bird is from a line of National winners, all purchased from Paul Janssens of Belgium. On the sire side, this bird is down from Clyde's sadly deceased friend Sid Grainger.

Grandsire won the NIPA YB National from Rosscarbery, and the grand-dam is from a quite famous bird called "Lady Lier", a great racer herself. On the dam side, the grand-dam is from Clyde's NIPA Rosscarbery National winner, and the Grandsire another good pigeon from Paul Jannsens.

Finally, Clyde would like to thank a few people, firstly Carson Lyons for taking the birds to the marking station, John McGeary for his continued support, John Hollinger for arranging all the Belgium trips, and not forgetting his dear friend Sid Grainger, whose generosity will never be forgotten. Gary Jennings PO.

2nd North Section J & L Smyth, Grosvenor HPS – Vel 1375 flying 149 miles winning £212

The big early bird at the Muckamore Station was timed by the husband, and wife team of Joe and Linda Smyth, ace racers for many years in the Belfast based Grosvenor HPS and the best bird timed in the Ulster Federation. Joe supplied the info on the bird, she is from my Stefan Lambrechs family of birds. She is from a sire of a 1st Fed winner and dam of my 2nd Derby hen from Penzance She was raced widowhood, but it was her brother I was clocking each week she is 09 he is 10, she didn't race first 3 races so was sent to Skibbereen fresh. There is no magic preparation, well done J & L Smyth.

3rd North Section A & N Lewis, Doagh & District HPS – Vel 1348 flying 257 miles winning £80

This partnership from the East Antrim hot-bed of Doagh & District have been ever present in the INFC Nat events over the last number of seasons, Anthony and Norman are dedicated fanciers and timed another early super bird from Skibbereen. Yearling cock on widowhood. Breeding is Cockcrow lofts (Wayne Doonan) crossed with J & L Smyth who we just featured above. Consistent racer and been in every club race and got better the further the distance.

4th North Section A Feeney & Son, Gilford – Vel 1336 flying 230 miles winning £70

Another partnership that has been going well in the Portadown based Gilford & District over the season to date. The pigeon was a blue white-flight cock, he won as a young bird, and as a yearling. He is a Van den brande pigeon bred by P & C Sheilds of Drumintine, a great we pigeon to win four 4th North Section Skibbereen on a difficult day plus the club, very pleased.

5th North Section Joe Ward, Glen HPS – Vel 1325 flying 250 miles winning £250

Another top racing loft Joe Ward of the Glen HPS in Belfast, he timed a yearling Blue hen the best of Vandenabeele/Hermans Ceusters crossed. The Vandenabeele lines are from their good friend George Slaven in Scotland and Mark Evans (M & D Evans). She was 13th Sect D & 64th Open NIPA last week from Fermoy with 15,911 birds competing. Over the years Joe Ward has won 1st Federation on numerous occasions, still clocking winners.

1st Middle Section J Boothman & Son Jun, Blanchardstown PRC – Vel 1337 flying 167 miles winning £238

Our Red cock h was 1st Section, 14th National from Skibbereen, myself and my father where delighted with the performance with the best bird in the Balbriggan Station. The pigeon is a 2020 Red cock I bred myself. Two week’s before the Skibbereen National he was third Barleycove, he won Pilmore Reach as a young bird and had some Top 10 positions too. He is a grandson of Kittel and Blain, I hope there’s a lot more to come from him. Great grandson of the famous Kittel. The cocks mother is a good pigeon, she was 8th Open Barelycove 2666 pigeons, and 29th Federation with 10,200 pigeons competing.

2nd Middle Section Keegan & Darling, Donnycarney – Vel 1318 flying 179 miles winning £203
Blue hen clocked at 13.44 to be second Balbriggan Station, she won 1st Club, 15th Federation 11,900 birds two weeks before this race. She is from our good friend Maurice Van Den Kruk and his blood has taken our loft to the next level over the last few years. Keegan and Darling are one of the most consistent lofts in this area, lots more to come.

3rd Middle Section T & E Kelly, Three Counties RPC – Vel 1309 flying 139 miles winning £60

The partners race in Three Counties RPC in Carlow, super result for 3rd in the Middle Section.

4th Middle Section Zaballos & Thorpe, Trim RPC – Vel 1282 flying 181 miles winning £95

This loft needs no introduction, recent Kings Cup winners in 2015 from St Allouestre with Bert’s Girl and now the operators of Proudstown pigeon supplies at Ashbourne in Ireland. IHU 19 S 117507 is a grand-child of Tom Andre Roodhooft, her dam Abbie was 1st Open Skibbereen ISRF 2018 with 3,142 bird’s competing Van den Bulck. She was 1st Club Barleycove Trim, 1st Section T ISRF 2019, and now 4th Middle Section Skibbereen INFC in 2021.

5th Middle Section P Rock & Son, Dublin North East RPC – Vel 1280 flying 183 miles winning £25

The pigeon timed is a yearling widowhood cock. He was having his 4th race of the year. He was consistent enough racing to our lofts but behind at club & fed level. His breeding is Leo Hermans based, his sire is from Sorin Florea and his dam is from Comb. van Panhuis. His full brother was 5th Middle Section INFC Skibbereen YB Nat 2018. The birds are fed on Verselle Laga Champion Plus & diet mix. We would like to congratulate all the 1st section winners and open winner Derek Walsh.
The INFC Committee are grateful once again for all the help at the race marking, and also all those involved in the various Clock Centres, including the temporary ones across Ireland, every little bit of help is appreciated. On a personal note, many thanks to all those who supplied text and photos for this report or helped in any other way. The more info we get the better job can be done, any little snips, details of the bird itself plus info on the sire and dam. Any awards won previous, how long in the birds etc, etc.

Willie Reynolds - INFC Press Officer
Tel/Fax: (028) 256 44683
Mobile: 07538 238364
Twitter: willie reynolds@homerbhw
Email: homerbhw@gmail.com
http://www.infc.co.uk
http://www.pigeonnetwork.com
http://www.irishnationalflyingclub.com

Race Report Photo Captions

The fantastic Dynasty Lofts of Derek Walsh situated in County Waterford, Ireland.
Derek Walsh super result in the INFC Skibbereen, 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th South Sect and 1st Open.
Jimmy Kelly of the Carlow & District who finished 5th Section, 7th Overall INFC Skibbereen O/B National also 1st Open Leinster South Road Fed & 1st Open Leinster Premier Championship Club
“Donal” the winner for James Kelly, was 1st Club, 1st Fed, 5th South Section and 7th National Skibbereen. Photo Thomas Hore.
Jimmy Kelly Montage 1st Leinster South Road Fed Skibbereen. Photo Thomas Hore.
Jimmy Kelly Montage 1st Leinster Premier Championship Club Skibbereen. Photo Thomas Hore.
Clyde Rollins 1st North Section INFC Skibbereen National winner on Tuesday. Well done Clýde. This hen was also 30th NIPA Open the previous week after flying round the loft for a few minutes on that occasion.
Dark Cheq hen winner of 2nd in the North Sect and 6th Open INFC Skibbereen, also best bird in the Ulster Federation for J & L Smyth of the Grosvenor HPS in Belfast.
Joe Smyth from the Grosvenor HPS in Belfast well clear in the Muckamore Station finishing 2nd North Section from Skibbereen.
“Dark Destroyer” 3rd in the North Sect INFC Skibbereen for A & N Lewis of Doagh & District. Photo Thomas Hore.
A Feeney & Son from Gilford, ace racing loft in Mis Ulster winning 4th in the North Section.
Joe Ward from the Glen HPS in Belfast finished 3rd in the Muckamore Station and 5th North Section Skibbereen.
This yearling hen was 5th North Section Skibbereen OB National doing 1325 for Joe Ward.
John Boothman & Son from the Blanchardstown RPC topped the Muddle Section from Skibbereen.
The winning Red cock for J Boothman & Son from Blanchardstown, 1st ISRF, 1st Middle Sect & 14th Open INFC Skibbereen.
The Keegan & Darling team from Donnycarney won 2nd position in the Middle Section from Skibbereen.
Herbie & Ines Thorpe racing as Zeballos Thorpe from the Trim RPC, 4th Middle Section Skibbereen.
Paddy Rock & Son from Dublin North East RPC finished 5th in the Middle Sect from Skibbereen.
willie reynolds

Re: Skibbereen OB Nat - 01/06/21 - 1st Open Derek Walsh 1392

HOMERS ODYSSEY – 2021 INFC Skibbereen Old Bird Clubs, Feds & Combines -

Having just returned for the third time as PO of the Irish Nat FC, a lot has changed since I was first involved when Allan McDonald was Secretary, we now have all the Social-Media and almost everyone has a Mobile Phone. For a number of year’s now we have sent contributions to various websites including http://www.pigeonnetwork.com which we now own and over the last few years I have updated the site first established by Maurice Alexander to cover the History of the INFC, and that site http://www.irishnationalflyingclub.com is now linked to our own at http://www.pigeonnetwork.com

It was moved about three years ago but still needs a lot of updates done, something I work on when time is available, and recently has been set up in Wordpress which will enable me to edit with ease. Within http://www.pigeonnetwork.com we have a Forum and a Board there is set up for the INFC, lots of news and results there as well.

Over and above the Top 10 Race Reports I have been listing as many of the result’s that were available, from Centre, Feds & Combines and then the list of Club Results which gives a more detailed picture of complete results. Photos are a lot easier done and delivered now, no more waiting on the postman, and I can also gather a big lot of info from Facebook. If you have anything at all past or present send it to me to be listed in any of the above. Any photos missed first time around will be added here in this additional report covering all the lofts in Ireland. E-Mail all results and photos to homerbhw@gmail.com

Skibbereen Old Bird Inland National - Sponsored by Bamfords Top Flight.

South Section 47/452 - 1st Derek Walsh Tower Inv. Waterford Velocity 1392.8 overall race winner. 2nd 3rd & 4th Derek Walsh Tower Inv. 1392.6 1392.1 & 1391.9 5th J Kelly Carlow & District, 1370

Middle Section 53/449 -1st J Boothman & Son Jun Blanchardstown 1337, 2nd Keegan & Darling Dublin 1318, 3rd Zeballos & Thorpe Trim 1282, 4th P Rock & Son Dublin N.E. 1280, 5th L Gaffney Naas 1277.

North Section 196/2142 – 1st I Rollins & Son Hillsborough & Maze 1383, 2nd J & L Smyth Grosvenor 1375, 3rd A & N Lewis Doagh & Dist 1348, 4th A Feeney & Son Gilford 1336, 5th J Ward Glen Inv. 1325, 6th J Gregory & Sons Glen HPS 1298, 7th J & D Braniff Wheatfield 1298, 8th Joe Brown Blackwatertown WE 1297, 9th G & R Lawrie Ballyclare 1294, 10th A & N Lewis 1288.

Kilkenny Station Skibbereen OB Nat – Derek Walsh Tower Invitation 1392, 1392, 1392, 1391, J Kelly Three Counties 1370, R Condron Three Counties 1370, Derek Walsh 1357, 1356, R & P Brennan Three Counties 1344, L Conran Graignamanagh1334.

Lisburn & District Station Skibbereen OB Nat – I Rollins & Son Hillsborough & Maze 1382, J Gregory & Sons Glen 1298, Cromie & Magee & Son Dromara 1282, P & K McCarthy Grosvenor 1267, J Gregory & Sons 1259, 1258, Johnston Bros Colin 1256, Cousins & Albert Ballylesson 1253, Smyth & Adams Lagan Valley 1242, J Gregory & Sons 1232.

Muckamore Station Skibbereen OB Nat - Muckamore Station – J & L Smyth Grosvenor 1375, A & N Lewis Doagh & Dist 1348, Joe Ward Glen HPS 1325, J & D Braniff Wheatfield 1298, G & R Lawrie Ballyclare 1294, A & N Lewis 1288, Grattan Bros & Speerrs Eastway 1272, J & L Smyth 1269, J Burrows Eastway 1269, D & R Turkington Doagh & District 1266, D & R Turkington 1264, J Burrows 1262, J & D Braniff 1262, P & C Carson Harmony 1261, D & J Campbell Eastway 1260, D & J Campbell 1260, D & J Armstrong & Son Carrick Social 1255, D & J Armstrong & Son 1254, J & L Smyth 1250, J Burrows 1250, R Bethel & Son & D Young Muckamore 1239, D & J Campbell 1234, Grattan Bros & Speers 1231, J Burrows 1229, Joe Ward 1228.

Balbriggan Station Skibbereen OB Nat – J Boothman & Son Blanchardstown 1337, Keegan & Darling Donnycarney 1318, P Rock & Son Dublin NE 1280, Zeballos & Thorpe Trim RPC 1277, H Byrne Dublin North County RPC 1268, M & U Gorman Balbriggan 1265, Keegan & Darling 1262, J P Halpin Blanchardstown 1260, H Byrne 1259, L Donnelly & Son Finglas 1259.

South Leinster Federation Skibbereen OB Nat – D Walsh Tower Inv 1392, 1392, 1392, 1391, Gregory Bros Rathnew 1364, D Walsh 1357, 1356, 1332, 1327, Leonard, De Ridder & Callo Arklow United RPC 1323.

NIPA Skibbereen (OB Nat INFC) – I Rollins & Son Hillsborough & Maze 1383, A & N Lewis Doagh & Dist 1348, A Feeney & Son Gilford 1336, J Ward Glen HPS 1325, J Gregory & Sons Colin 1298, J & D Braniff Wheatfield 1298, Joe Brown Blackwatertown 1297, G & R Lawrie Ballyclare 1294, A & N Lewis 1288, Cromie Magee & Son Dromara 1282, J Curran Lurgan Soc 1280, Donnelly Bros Millvale 1280, D Calvin Bondhill 1279, N Weir Loughgall 1276, R G & G Donaldson Blackwatertown 1275, Grattan Bros & Speers Eastway 1272, D Mawhinney & Son Beechpark Soc 1270, R G & G Donaldson 1269, J Burrows Eastway 1269, D & R Turkington Doagh & District 1266.

Irish SR Federation Skibbereen (INFC) – J Boothman & Son Jun Blanchardstown 1337, Keegan & Darling Donneycarney 1318, Henry Byrne Dublin North County 1268, Keegan & Darling 1262, John Paul Halpin Blanchardstown 1260, Henry Byrne 1259, L Donnelly & Son Finglas 1259, L Donnelly & Son 1254, Cully & Grogan Finglas 1251, S Duran Blanchardstown 1250.

East Down Combine (INFC Skibbereen O/B National) - I & A Cousins & M & J Albert Ballylesson HPS 1st EDC, 45th North Sect 1253, P Mc Cartan Annsborough HPS 2nd EDC, 76th North Sect 1231, Burgess & Brennan Bangor RPC 3rd EDC, 91st North Sect 1220, Ronnie Johnson Comber Social 4th EDC, 114 North Sect 1214, John Patterson Ballylesson HPS 5th EDC, 140 North Sect 1208, I & A Cousins & M & J Albert Ballylesson HPS 6th EDC, 141 North Sect 1208. A big congratulations to Albert & Michael.

The Irish National Flying Club held their opening race of the season from Skibbereen. Birds were released at 9.45am in a light north easterly wind on Tuesday 1st June. Danny Dixon of Rasharkin had the top four positions in the Mid Antrim Combine with his first bird placed 74th in the North Section. Danny's winner a yearling blue chequer cock timed at 16.05pm for the 266 miles fly to Dunloy is bred direct from "Heartbreaker" when paired to maybe the last daughter of "Superke". Mervyn Eagleson PO.

Skibbereen National (INFC) Mid Antrim Combine - D Dixon Rasharkin 1232, D Dixon Rasharkin 1212, D Dixon Rasharkin 1209, D Dixon Rasharkin 1196, H Turkington Kells1181, H Turkington Kells 1164, G Gibson Associate 1141, D Dixon 1128, C & D Jackson Kells 1125, J Miller Randalstown 1124, J Miller Randalstown 1121, H Turkington Kells 1120, D Dixon Rasharkin 1114, M Graham Ballymena 1107, C & D Jackson Kells 1105, M Graham Ballymena 1102, D Dixon 1094, M Graham 1082, M Graham 1050, M Graham 1046, G Bell Ballymena 977, G Bell 945.

Skibbereen National (INFC) East Coast Federation (Dublin) -1 M & U Gorman Balbriggan 1265.318, 2 M & U Gorman Balbriggan 1194.663, 3 Mr & Mrs K Guildea & Son Balbriggan 1192.552, 4 Mr & Mrs K Guildea & Son Balbriggan 1192.412, 5 A Kelly Skerries 1157.985, 6 P Carson & Son & Dtr Skerries 1145.113, 7 S Dunne & Son Balbriggan 1133.249, 8 E & J Campbell Balbriggan 1126.603, 9 T McAleer Balbriggan 1117.139, 10 Mr & Mrs K Guildea & Son Balbriggan 1110.792, 11 Mr & Mrs K Guildea & Son Balbriggan 1094.575, 12 A Kelly Skerries 1092.429,13 N Gaffney Jnr Balbriggan 1091.186, 14 PJ Corcoran & Son Balbriggan 1085.354, 15 S Dunne & Son Balbriggan 1071.534, 16 J Guildea & Son Balbriggan 1056.392, 17 Hand & Kallmeyer Skerries 1054.079, 18 E & J Campbell Balbriggan 1053.029, 19 P Arthur Boyne Valley 1051.564, 20 PJ Corcoran & Son Balbriggan 1048.794.

INFC Clubs Skibbereen Old Bird National:

Tower Invitation RPC – D Walsh 1392, 1392, 1392, 1391, 1357, 1356, 1332, 1327, Alan Kelly 1317 D Walsh 1312.

Hillsborough & Maze – I Rollins & Son 1383, J Greenaway 1266, 1217, I Rollins & Son 1204, J Greenaway 1203.

Grosvenor HPS - J & L Smyth 1375, 1269, P & K McCarthy 1267, J & L Smyth 1250, P & K McCarthy 1217, J & L Smyth 1211.

Three Counties RPC – J Kelly 1370, Reggie Condron 1360, Roly & Podgie Brennan 1344, Anthony Kavanagh 1310, Roly & Podgie Brennan 1309, T & E Kelly 1309.

Blanchardstown RPC – J Boothman & Son Jun 1337, J P Haplin 1260, S Duran 1250, J P Haplin 1245, S Duran 1230, 1229.

Gilford – A Feeney & Son 1336, C & H Beattie 1219, 1212, A Feeney & Son 1205.

Graignamahagh - L Conran 1334, 1325, 1296, 1296, 1292, 1284, 1284.

Arklow United RPC – Leonard, De Ridder & Callo 1323, 1287, 1286, D O’Neill 1283, Leonard, De Ridder & Callo 1277, 1277.

Donnycarney - Keegan & Darling 1318, 1262, 1211.

Glen HPS – Joe Ward 1325, 1228, 1202.

Doagh & District - A & N Lewis 1348, 1288, D & R Turkington 1266, 1264, A & N Lewis 1225, 1195.

Leinster Premier CC – John Power 1302,

Colin HPS – J Gregory & Sons 1298, 1259, 1258, Johnston Bros 1256, J Gregory & Sons 1232, Johnston Bros 1220, 1218, 1216, J Gregory & sons 1216, P & K Braniff 1213, 1213, J Gregory & Sons 1210, 1210, 1208.

Wheatfield – J & D Braniff 1298, 1262.

Wilton Cross – Joe Brown 1297, 1297, 1259, A Larkin 1255, H T & J Larkin 1213, 1211, G Douglas 1209, 1206, Joe Brown 1203.

Blackwatertown WE – Joe Brown 1297, R & G & G Donaldson 1275, 1269, Joe Brown 1259, R & G & G Donaldson 1248, 1224, Joe Brown 1205, R & G & G Donaldson 1187, Collins & Douglas 1147.

Ballyclare & District – G & R Lawrie 1294, G McNeilly 1236, A & T Agnew 1212, G McNeilly 1212, G & R Lawrie 1198, W R Moore & Son 1197.

Wicklow South Road – Healy & Byrne 1293, 1292.

Armagh HPS – I Parkes & Son 1285, J Campbell 1214, 1160, P Duffy 1150, R Parkes & Son 1149, 1140, J Campbell 1137, P Duffy 1132, 1132, R Parkes & Son 1127. Armagh H.P.S. Today's result for the first I.N.F.C. race of the year from Skibbereen. Great win on what turned out to be a tough race for the Father and Son partnership of Ivan & Stephen Parkes.

Rathnew – Gregory Bros 1283, 1283.

Trim RPC – Zaballos & Thorpe – 1282, 1239, Ian Larney 1229.

Dromara – Cromie & Magee & Son 1282, N Edgar & Son 1221, A Bradley 1219, M Russell 1207.

Lurgan Social – S Curran 1280, John Barr 1249, K Henderson & Son 1219, John Barr 1219, D & B Lyness 1219, R Adamson 1213, 1211, J curran 1207, R Adamson 1206, John Barr 1200.

Dublin Northeast RPC – P Rock & Son 1280.

Millvale – Donnelly Bros 1280, 1242, 1211, Mark Maguire & Son 1200, T Mooney & Son 1181, 1177, Mal Maguire & Son 1177, 1171, 1170, 1148, 1146, 1139, J J McCabe 1187.

Bondhill Social – D Calvin 1279, 1257, B & A Beattie 1240, J Greenaway 1236, 1232, B & A Beattie 1222.

Naas RPC - L Gaffney 1277, A Marsella 1248.

Loughgall – Nelson Weir 1276, 1246, 1234, 1217, 1195.

Eastway HPS – Grattan Bros & Speers 1272, J Burrows 1269, 1262, D & J Campbell 1260, 1260, J Burrows 1250, D & J Campbell 1234, Grattan Bros & Speers 1231, J Burrows 1229, D & J Campbell 1224, J Burrows 1220, Grattan Bros & Speers 1219, 1201.

Dublin North County RPC – Henry Byrne 1268, 1259, 1205.

Beechpark Social – D Mawninney & Son 1270, 1238, 1220, 1220, G & P Lavery 1209, G McEvoy 1196.

Newtown Kilpeddar – Byrne & Bradley 1266.

Annaghmore – Tom McClean 1266, Philip Boyd 1251, Glen Buckley & Son 1247, 1243, 1234, Tom McClean 1230, Philip Boyd 1225, 1220, A Cherry 1216, P Boyd 1213, W G Neill 1212,

Balbriggan - M & U Gorman 1265.

Laurelvale – G & C Topley 1263, Dowey Bros 1250.

Harmony HPS – P & C Carson1261, S Delaney 1202.

Newry City – Thompson & Lunn 1261, 1232.

Finglas – L Donnelly & Son 1259, 1254, Cully & Grogan 1251, 1243, L Donnelly 1236, T McLoughlin & Son 1234, Cully & Grogan 1230, T McLoughlin & Son 1224, 1217, L Donnelly & Son 1215, Cully & Grogan 1213, L Donnelly & Son 1208, 1208, T McLoughlin & Son 1206.

Banbridge – McCracken Bros 1257, 1257, Men Jian Zhang 1206, Rev TAB Sawyers & Son 1203.

Drumnavaddy Inv 7/32 – J Smyth & Sons 1255, S Ogle 1224, W McDowell & Son 1219, S Ogle 1212, J Smyth & Sons 1211, Rev T A B Sawyers 1203, W McDowell & Son 1194, T McKinstry 1191, J Brush 1184, S Ogle 1179.

Carrick Social – D & J Armstrong & Son 1255, 1254, 1227, M/M G Robinson 1205, D & J Armstrong & Son 1202, 1202, 1201.

Ballylesson – I & A Cousins and M & J Albert 1253, J Patterson 1208, I & A Cousins and M & J Albert 1208.

Ballyholland – Sands & Rice 1253, Gary Murphy 1252, Sands & Rice 1209, M Peters 1201, M McDonald & Sons 1201.

Newry & District 7/82 – Ron Williamson 1249, 1249, G Hughes & Son 1235, 1204, Mark Maguire & Son 1200, Mal Maguire & Son 1177, G Hughes & Son 1174, Mal Maguire & Son 1171, 1170, R Williamson 1159, 1157, Mal Maguire & Son 1148. Big Congratulations to Ron Williamson on winning the Club. Well done to all in the result.

Ballymunn – T Nelson 1247, 1244.

Dromore – Mr & Mrs G Delaney 1246, 1217, T & K Mawhinney 1213.

Lisburn & District – Smyth & Adams 1242.

Millvale – Donnelly Bros 1242, 1211, Mark Maguire & Son 1200, T Mooney & Son 1181, 1177, Mal Maguire & Son 1177, 1171, 1170, 1148, 1146, 1139, J J McCabe 1187.

Muckamore HPS – R Bethel & Son and D Young 1239,

Ballymoney HPS 3/30 – D Dixon 1232, 1212, 1209, 1196, 1128, 1114, 1094, 1069, D & G McMullan 1052, 1011, 951, Curry & Gilmore 941.

Annsborough – P McCartan 1231, 1195.

Glenavy & District – I Gibb & Sons 1228, 1204, D Scott 1201.

Bangor – Burgess & Brennan 1229.

Comber Social – R Johnston 1214.

Lagan Valley – John Taggart & Son 1211, J & J Taggart 1207.

Larne & District – G K & I Moxham 1210, 1209, 1197.

Ballycarry & District – N J Arthurs 1208.

Edgarstown HPS 2/18 – R Bell & Sons 1196, 1123, A & R Neill 1109, 1094, R Bell & Sons 968. Well done to Jason and Ronnie on taking the win from what turned out to be a hard and tricky race.

Kells & District HPS – H Turkington 1181, 1164, C & D Jackson 1125, H Turkington 1120, C & D Jackson 1105.

Cullybackey – A Darragh 1145, Gary Gibson 1141. A Darragh 1113, 1009.

Randalstown HPS – John Millar 1124, 1121.

Ballymena & District HPS – M Graham 1107, 1102, 1082, 1050, 1046, G Bell 977, 945.

Homer - Willie Reynolds -

Tel/Fax: (028) 256 44683

Mobile: 07538 238364

Twitter: willie reynolds@homerbhw

Email: homerbhw@gmail.com

http://www.infc.co.uk

http://www.pigeonnetwork.com

http://www.irishnationalflyingclub.com

www.niparacingpigeons.co.uk

www.elimarpigeons.com

INFC Skibbereen Old Bird Nat - Club/Fed/Combine Photo Captions

INFC Logo/Banner

This is the photo of the MAC winner from the INFC Nat race from Skibbereen. Also in the photo are Danny Dixon’s three grandchildren, centre Shannon Elliott to my right Ronan Elliott and Shane O Hagan to my left.

Joe Smyth from Grosvenor HPS in Belfast was best in Muckamore Station.

R Bell & Sons timed the Skibbereen winner in the Edgarstown HPS, Portadown.

A big congratulations to Albert & Michael best in the East Down Combine from Skibbereen for the Cousins & Albert team.

Keegan & Darling from Doneycarney finished runner-up in Balbriggan Station.

Montage for D Kelly winning the Leinster Premier Diploma for Skibbereen Old Bird Nat.

Winner of 1st Muckamore HPS and 63rd North Sect for Bobby Bethel and David Young bred by Mr & Mrs Reynolds of Abbey Social.

Martin Graham had the best birds in Ballymena & District HPS.

All photos listed on Elimar Pigeons under Irish Nat FC - Including Results

Return to “Irish National Flying Club”