Obituary - Ronan McVeigh (Newcastle, Co Down) -

Homer's Odyssey - News From Around Ireland by Willie Reynolds BHW & RP Scribe and PO for NIPA, INFC and RPRA (Irish Region).
willie reynolds

Obituary - Ronan McVeigh (Newcastle, Co Down) -

Post by willie reynolds »

RONAN McVEIGH

Once again it is my sad duty to inform the fancy of the death , after a period of illness, of another well known and popular fancier Ronan Mc Veigh of Newcastle who raced in partnership with his son Connaire in the Dundrum club . I first got to know Ronan when I met him along with his great chum and this year’s King’s Cup winner Liam McCall at the INFC annual dinner when I had been doing a report on one of Liam’s earlier successes with his great Hall of Fame pigeon “Red Laddie”. Each year thereafter I always had a chat with Ronan’s table at the annual dinner and what a gentleman he was and let me tell you that Ronan & Connaire could also race a successful pigeon and Ronan was competing right to the end with his last visit to the loft being for the INFC Yearling National this year in June when he was delighted to clock in from that event to finish 46th Open and just prior to this it was a 3rd East Section Talbenny for the loft . On behalf of all who had the privilege of knowing Ronan I extend our deepest sympathy to his wife Sheila, Connaire and the entire family at this sad time and I have included a couple of Photos of Ronan with son Connaire and the McCalls. Clifford Browne PO.

Return to “Homer's Odyssey”