Obituary Johnny Smyth (Belfast) -

Homer's Odyssey - News From Around Ireland by Willie Reynolds BHW & RP Scribe and PO for NIPA, INFC and RPRA (Irish Region).
willie reynolds

Obituary Johnny Smyth (Belfast) -

Post by willie reynolds »

I've lost a true friend of 25years with the passing of Johnny Smyth. He was a proper gentleman and one of the good guys. I bought, sold and swapped every breed of fancy pigeons on this island and if he didn't have something I wanted he could get them. He never done me a wrong turn and when work suited me to go back to racing pigeons he always was there to move on birds I hadn't room for. Just a phone call and Johnny was at my door as he loved my parents birds and always took my spare and sold me racers that bred me some very good racers and he was always good for a laugh and would talk all day long. When I got the news I am not afraid to say that it broke me. I have lost a friend and a fellow pigeon lover. His family has lost a good man and the fancier family has lost a real character a Del boy some would say but the sport is poorer from the loss of him and his kind. I am not religious but if anyone deserves to live on it will be through those of us and keeping our memories and stories of Johnny in our conversations and telling others about him. I have lost a great friend and someone I'm proud to call a friend and I will miss him immensely and that's something I will need time to get used to but I am thankful I have 25 years of memories and friendship I will always carry with me. Thanks Johhny for everything you done for me.
Don Smyth,

Return to “Homer's Odyssey”