Liberations w/e 14/05/22 -

Click Here for all the latest Liberation News for the INFC, NIPA, Ulster Fed, East Down Combine, ISRF, East Coast Federation, South Leinster Fed, Munster Federation etc.
willie reynolds

Liberations w/e 14/05/22 -

Post by willie reynolds »

The race this week has been changed to CORRIN and I hope to have final confirmation that the site is free

The NIPA was due to release at Pilmore Beach it is some time since we used this site, The last time we liberated at Pilmore one of the transporters had its keys removed by someone who was not very happy with our presence on their beautiful beach, We had to call the Guards to sort things out, which was done amicably.

Since then a lot has changed at Pilmore, some residents are not happy with the liberation of pigeons and would like to see no liberations on their beach

I am told it is a very beautiful part of Ireland and a very expensive part to live in

However, there is a pigeon fancier in the area who does his utmost to see everything runs as smoothly as possible

There is now a limit of transporters allowed at the site at any one time that number is three, the Nipa could not guarantee they would only use three transporters, so we decided to move to Corrin

Next week we have our Old Bird Inland National from Skibbereen the same day we organise a shorter inland race, with only three transporters doing the collection of pigeons in theory we could meet the requirements at Pilmore instead of Fermoy.

However I have received a lot of advice from various pigeon fanciers regarding liberating at Pilmore, their advice is not to be liberating pigeons at Pilmore, in their words it is possibly the worst race of the year, and organisations are using rockets to try and scare off birds of prey I have no idea if this is proving to be successful I have no idea if this lawful in the Republic, and I believe it may have been responsible for a gorse fire at a recent liberation.

It is now over to you to decide what is best for the pigeon do we fly from Pilmore or do we fly from a shorter distance ie Gowran Park, which would allow pigeons to have a good race before channel racing.

The racing so far this season has been very good let us all do our best to keep it that way Regards Fred

Thursday 12/05/22

NIPA will race mark tomorrow Friday for a release at Corrin wind light southwestly.

Friday 13/05/22

EDC - Basketing for the Joe Ringland Skibbereen Old Bird Classic will take place this evening Friday 13 May as scheduled.

Saturday 14/05/22

Irish SR Federation are in Skibbereen. 1030am out,

NIPA in Corrin hoping for a 10.00am liberation. The NIPA has liberated in Corrin at 10.00am this morning. Wind is light west South Westerly The arrangements for next weeks races will be posted tomorrow.

Ulster Fed are in Fermoy - The Ulster Fed have liberated in Fermoy at 10 30 wind light SW good luck to all

ECF birds will be liberated at 10.30 in Skibbereen light SW wind very good visibility.

The East Down Combine have Liberated in Skibbereen at 11.00an in a Light South West.

Return to “Liberation News”