Yearling national Sennen Cove - 1st Open Moody Bros, Gilford

It was in 1932 that His Majesty King George V presented a new cup to the Irish National Flying Club to be known as The King George V Challenge Cup and was to be awarded to the winner of the OB Grand National.

The 1932 Grand National race was flown from Les Sables at a distance of some 600 miles and the race was won by R Hawthorn from Ligoniel in North Belfast.This race was flown under IHU rules and it was not until 1948 that the Kings Cup was flown under IHU and RPRA rules.The race in 1948 was won by Sammy Robinson from Belfast.

The Irish National Flying Club have a six race programme for the 2020 season which enables its members to compete in the inland Nationals or over the channel at the very highest level. I hope you will enjoy using the website as it will be a source of information through out the season. Good luck to all members competing in this years Nationals. Ronnie Johnston Patron INFC.

The INFC has 2,100 members across Ireland. The 6 Race Programme includes the famous Kings Cup from France. Friendship Nat is also France, Ylr Nat Sennen Cove, YB Nat Penzance and OB and YB Nat from Skibbereen. Numerous other awards including Gold Medal, Hall of Fame Diploma, Triple Championship, Single Bird Challenge, 3 Bird Championship, Merit Awards etc. Results, Reports, Latest News etc. See Website http://www.irishnationalflyingclub.com or http://www.infc.co.uk
willie reynolds

Yearling national Sennen Cove - 1st Open Moody Bros, Gilford

Post by willie reynolds »

Sennen Cove Yearling National race marking information.

Covid -19 is still a cause for concern and would all members please adhere to any requests at the marking and clock stations.

Times for race marking. 11:00 to 12:30 N.I.P.A. sections A, B, D, E, H.

12:30 to 14:00 East Down Combine, Ulster Fed., N.I.P.A. sections C, F, and G. Individual north section members.

14:00 to 15:30 All south and middle sections and Individual south section members.

Please take care when completing your entry forms, especially when totaling them up.

Please attach your payment to the entry form and put your membership number on the back of your cheque or bank draft. If the payment covers more than one member please put all membership numbers on the back of the cheque or draft and keep the entry forms together.

Payments will not be processed at the race marking to avoid queuing.

Any shortages will be removed from pool monies and any over payments will be added to pool monies. (This can be avoided by accurately completing your entry form and payment.)

Any members paying by euro please remember to multiply the sterling grand total by 1.25 for the currency conversion.

Any help to race mark the pigeons would be appreciated.

Thank you for your co operation and please all act responsible when attending the marking centre and respect the facilities which have been kindly granted. Catering will be available as usual.

We will update on Sunday 12th June to confirm race marking will take place on Monday 13th June.

Sunday 12/06/22

Sennen Cove yearling national sponsored by Beattie’s Bird & Pet Foods.

Race marking will take place as planned on Monday 13th June for a possible release on Wednesday.

Race marking times as in previous post.
Sennen Cove liberation Wednesday
Trevor15 June 2022Uncategorised
Sennen Cove Yearling National Wednesday 15th June 2022 Sponsored by Beattie’s Bird & Pet Foods 470 members have entered 2693 pigeons and are competing for £23,195. in pools and prize money. The pigeons have been released at 06:45 the wind at the release site was light northerly which will turn southerly on route. Our next update will be this evening.

Sennen Cove update Wednesday 22:30
Trevor15 June 2022Uncategorised

Provisional result of today’s INFC Yearling National race.
1 Moody Bros Gilford 1272, 2 Mr & Mrs Reid & Son Carrick 1255, 3 Joey McLoughlin & Son Blanchardstown 1199, 4 Leo Conron Graignamanagh 1199, 5 G Calvin Annaghmore 1188, 6 Larkin Bros Blackwatertown 1182, 7 McCartan & Woodsides Crossgar 1182, 8 D & H Stuart Ballymoney 1181, 9 & 10 Mr & Mrs B McNeilly Doagh 1180 & 1173, 11 Devine & Hilmi Skerries 1161

Hours of darkness 22.58 to 04.33.
Second day arrivals clock checking.
Banbridge 8.30 pm to 9.00pm Portadown 6.30pm to 7.00pm Muckamore 8.30 pm to. 9.00pm Lisburn 7.00 pm to 7.30pm Coleraine contact Russell. Balbriggan 07.00 pm All other stations please contact the station manager.

have been in hospital for 15 days in June due to a fall which resulted in a fractured hip. Only released home 0n 29th June and my race reports will be running late. Those finishing in the INFC Top 10 for Sennen Cove Yearling, Kings Cup and Friendship National should forward bird info and a photo of bird/partnership if possible, ASAP. Either through phone message, whats app or e-mail. Contact details are in the INFC Race Book. Reports will be published as I get them finished, please be patient. Willie Reynolds HOMER.

Homer - Willie Reynolds -
Tel/Fax: (028) 256 44683
Mobile: 07538 238364
Twitter: willie reynolds@homerbhw
Email: homerbhw@gmail.com
http://www.infcpigeons.co.uk
http://www.pigeonnetwork.com
http://www.irishnationalflyingclub.com
www.niparacingpigeons.co.uk
www.elimarpigeons.com
willie reynolds

Re: Yearling national Sennen Cove - 1st Open Moody Bros, Gilford

Moody Bros of Gilford win the Yearling Nat Sennen Cove -

The Yearling National was flown for the first time in 1977 to celebrate the Queens Jubilee Year, liberation in Weymouth was at 5.30am after a one-day hold-over. Toland & Campbell from Bleary won 1st Open INFC doing velocity 1055 and collected the Jubilee Trophy. In 1978 the race was added to the INFC race programme and Nelson Corry Cup was presented for first time. Homer had proposed a race to celebrate the Queens Jubilee and after a successful race at the following years AGM, he along with the late L O Barr jointly put forward a resolution that the Yearling Nat be added to the INFC race programme. The race has proved to be a major success and one of the best supported events of the year. The early winners were the following, the complete list is on pigeonnetwork.com in the INFC History section. Miles and velocity listed here.

Nelson Corry Cup winners – 1st Open INFC Yearling National
1978 Penzance W V Troughton Gilford 298 1232
1979 Penzance K Greer Laurelvale 295 952
1980 Penzance McCarron Bros & McAlinden Lurgan 302 959
1981 Penzance McCarron Bros & McAlinden Lurgan 392 1070
1982 Penzance S McKendry Cullybackey 333 1283
1983 Penzance J Wilson Ballyclare 321 1137
1984 Inverness T Marshall & Son Newtownbreda 218 840
1985 Inverness J Rodgers & Son Ballymena 196 1299
1986 Boat Race P & C Reynolds Dollingstown 271 1532
1987 Penzance McDowell Bros Dromara 295 1051
1988 Penzance Bradford & Rowntree Corcreeney 299 861
1989 Sennen Cove A Darragh Cullybackey 332 1027
1990 Sennen Cove M Roche Blanchardstown 231 1025

I attended the race marking in Lisburn on the Monday and then on what was to be my final day training on the Tuesday I tripped and fell after my foot caught on a little bogey and crashed me on to the ground ending up transported to hospital with a fracture of my hip. For the remainder of the old bird season, I was out of action and although as far as the INFC goes I covered the two races from France just after they were flown, I am only now getting round to the Yearling National, I really am sorry about the delay, it does take time to catch up.

1st North Sect & 1st Open Moody Bros Gilford & District, vel 1272 flying 297 miles winning £692 and the Nelson Corry Trophy
Nigel Moody supplied me a bit of info the Buckley team from Edgarstown proved a good choice for a swap of youngsters. Champion “Mr Buckley” Blue Cock, Wildemeersch and Soonten bred by S& E Buckley of Portadown. We swapped 6 young birds each, he raced every young bird race except the last Skibbereen (INFC) because he had been attacked by a hawk coming out of NIPA National the week before. He was stopped and raced all the inland races, except the Nationals, 2 Telbennys and then theINFC Yearling National, he was on roundabout when he won.

2nd North Sect & 2nd Open Mr & Mrs R Reid & Son Carrick Social, vel 1255 flying 321 miles winning £38
Hugh Bigger who was helping out racing the birds sent me some info, he had raced previously in a high-flying partnership in Glengormley with fantastic success and had been out of the birds.

That’s him in photo 5 minutes after I timed him 2nd open vel 1255.19 flying 321.1625 yds. Sires side hes Stefan Lambrechts and the dam side is Van den Bulck and in that pedigree is a daughter off the Kittle, hes now named “Mr Gibb”. May I now take this opportunity to thank Ian Gibb of Lisburn for rearing me some fantastic pigeons they look well and race even better. Sire and dam of the Yearling Nat winner cost £12,000. We also had some super birds from Cock Crow Breeding Stud, Wayne Doonan from Dromore.

My other story i was sitting watching TV. The phone rang it was Yvonne Reid she said Hugh Roberts in hospital would you feed and water the birds till he gets out of hospital, of course I will was my reply. Well as we all know Robert passed away God rest his soul. So, it was put to me would I like to race the birds. Well i had been out of the pigeons for quite a while and knew they take up a lot of time so had a word with my wife Eva, she said if you want to its up to you lol. So I took on the challenge I say that because Robert was a pigeon lover and his birds it was like the rainbow coalition lol. Raced them out that year will little success the following year, i said if I'm going to do this I need the best that i can afford so went to Geoff Dickey of Randalstown, now off Whitehouse lofts. Brian McNeilly of Doagh and my good friend Billy whiteside of Eastway. I also paid a visit to Ian Gibb.

So let's go back to when I took over the birds the first year I won Talbenny (2). Then won Bude, missed Penzance went to St Malo and timed 7. Moving on to 2021 That year was my real first with my own birds won Skibbereen in the club. On the channel won Talbenny(1), Talbenny (2) was 64th open 9th sec, sent my French birds to Bude to get them time on the wing for France. Then Penzance where I was 45th open 7th sec, 135th open 32nd sec, 194th open 42nd sec. Moving on to the old Bird Derby St Malo which as we all know turned out to be rather a hard race. I timed the next day to finish 20th open 7th sec, my next bird I timed was 22nd open These 2 birds won me the 2 Bird Average in that race well pleased i was. I also timed a 3rd bird to be 52nd open 16th sec so that ended the ob season very well for my first full year back at the birds.

Now on to the young birds for 2021 went to the first Area lib was 2nd open 2nd sec with a Geoff Dickey bird, also was 3rd open 3rd sec with a bird of Joe Smiths from the Grosvenor club in Belfast and same race was 6th open.6th sec. and missed the second race because of the heat. Went the following week to Gowan Park mass lib 119th open 28th sec, 290th open 28th sec. Then I stopped them for the year, so all in all, not a bad start back at them. The crowning glory was to be 2nd open Yearling nat 2022 and thanks again to Ian Gibb for the birds and may I say his birds our something else. Just as I finish this short report, I was informed that Yvonne Reid had passed away after a short spell in hospital.

1st South Sect & 3rd Open J McLaughlin Blanchardstown RPC, vel 1199 flying 231 miles winning £576 and James McGrugan Memorial Cup for Sect winner not winning 1st Open
Joey McLaughlin of Blanchardstown is another loft in the South Sect with a great record racing in the INFC. Looking at the Yearling Nat bird - His site is Willy Thas x Sean Hunt (Dublin), his dam is Gernick x Soontjen. He was raced on widowhood and I igave him a 35 mile toss day before basketing back to his hen and left them together overnight.

2nd South Sect & 4th Open L Conran Graignamanagh, vel 1199 flying 179 miles winning £171
Hi William Leo Conran here in Graignamanagh, the bird is Mark Janssens x Lee Painter from the UK. I purchase the parents from Jimmy Hamilton of New Ross Co. Wexrord. The bird my wife Yvonne is holding is the cock that was 4th in the Yearling National and the 3 year old check cock I’m holding is the bird I clocked from the King's cup on the day.

3rd North Sect & 5th Open G Calvin Annaghmore, vel 1188 flying 305 miles winning £160
See photo Geordie Calvin and son Freddie holding the 5th Yearling National. This blue cock is bred from Geordies stock birds. Sire is a Huskin Van Riel pigeon paired to a David Calvin hen. This cock got every race up to the 2nd Talbenny. He was then paired up and exercised twice per day with no road training. On the day of basketing his hen laid her first egg. So sent driving to the nest. Geordie has 2 young birds offered in the INFC sale direct off this cock paired to a hen that was 20th open Kings Cup for Geordie this year. David Calvin PO.

4th North Sect & 6th Open Larkin Bros Blackwatertown WE, vel 1182 flying 301 miles winning £430
It gives me great pleasure to be writing this report for my brother’s latest winner. The 59 cock is home bred bird from our stock loft which we started building in 2014 when we started up again.
I was looking at charity sales for young birds and on sale had an entry from Billy Higgins of Annalong, 2 x SVR youngsters. I showed the sale list to Paul and he remarked “don’t miss them, he races into hell” so off I went and was the highest bidder and a call from the man himself, telling me the ybs were ready and he’d meet me at Frazers. Well the stranger I met that day soon became a great friend, instead of two ybs he had six for us. From that chance purchase came one of the cornerstones of our breeding loft, Billy’s Staf Van Reets! The sire and dam of the 59 cock being gift birds from Billy. We want to take this opportunity to thank Billy for the birds, advice, and friendship. He was raced on roundabout and was a real consistent bird scoring some club prizes and minor open and section prizes, Paul knew he had a big performance in him. We would like to congratulate all the other prize winners. Al Larkin PO.

5th North Sect & 7th Open McCartan & Woodsides Crossgar HPS, vel 1182 flying 297 miles winning £307
One of the very top racing partnerships in the East Down Combine and Crossgar now also compete with the NIPA. This loft has won numerous awards up to 1st Open and a massive number of positions. Darren Woodside writes - I am forwarding a few details about the bird we clocked for 7th Open INFC, hopefully it’s not too late to be included in the write up. The pigeon we timed at 2.07pm flying 297 miles was a blue Soontjen hen who had flown most of the inland races plus the 2 Talbenny's. Her dam won several firsts for us including winning the EDC Open from Penzance in 2014 season by over half an hour, having the best velocity into Northern Ireland that day.

6th North Sect & 8th Open D & H Stuart Ballymoney HPS, vel 1181 flying 349 miles winning £87
D and H Stuart Ballymoney HPS. 8th open Yearling Nat Sennen Cove flying 349 miles. This blue cock had 4 inland races and the 2 Talbenny’s before going to yearling race and trained once a week from Moira by CT Training Services. His sire is a blue cock from ace racer Arnold Thompson of Ballyclare and the dam is a blue hen from the late Ken Hine. I would like to thank everyone who helped me this year after the sudden death of my father Hugh my racing partner of 30 years. Thanks Darwin.

7th & 8th North Sect and 9th & 11th Open Mr & Mrs B McNeilly Doagh & District, vel 1180 and 1173 flying 324 miles winning £1289
Another top racing loft always sure of a major result when they are not dominating results in the local Doagh & District. No strangers to the Muckamore Centre, best two birds home in East Antrim and well fancied. The McNeilly family have a long tradition of success in this part of the world.

The 2 hens timed were raced on widowhood where the cocks say at home. The hen that was 9th is a daughter of Leo van Rijn’s number one stock cock which Brian got the chance to buy the Leo split with Meeder and the dam is a Luc and Bart Geerkinx and is bred from the black and white and the geerkinx hen has bred winners for Brian up to 1st Section C for the partnership. The hen that was 11th is a granddaughter of Leo van Rijn’s number one stock cock and raced the same way as the hen that was 9th. The hens had most races leading up to Sennen Cove and where both in the Section result from Talbenny, before the highly prized Yearling National. Robert Turkington PO.

3rd South Sect & 10th Open Andy O’Brien Gorey RPS, vel 1174 flying 177 miles winning £95 and Charles Ingle Memorial Cup for 10th position
The pigeon was bred down of a long-standing lines of pigeons Andy brought in 2012. The pigeon based around a Busschaert/Kirkpatrick lines. Prep - flown on the widowhood system. Races flown - he raced every inland race of the season but this was the first time he had been across the water (either as a young bird or yearling). Other prizes- this was the first win for him but has been in the Top 10 in the club a couple of times but never winning. Dan Bradley PO South Leinster Federation.

The race was sponsored by Beatties Bird & Pet Foods. 1st RPRA Moody Bros vel 1272, 1st IHU North McCartan & Woodsides vel 1182, 1st IHU South J McLoughlin vel 1199. Three bags of mixture each.

The INFC Committee are grateful once again for all the help at the race marking, and also all those involved in the various Clock Centres across Ireland including the temporary stations at Edgarstown in Portadown and Coleraine, every little bit of help is appreciated. On a personal note, many thanks to all those who supplied text and photos for this report or helped in any other way. The more info we get the better job can be done, any little snips, details of the bird itself plus info on the sire and dam. Any awards won previous, how long in the birds etc. ASAP after the race. Sorry again about the delay with the report.

Homer - Willie Reynolds INFC Press Officer
www.niparacingpigeons.co.uk
www.elimarpigeons.com

Article photos - INFC Banner on top
Moody Bros from Gilford & District winners of the Sennen Cove Yearling National.
That’s him “Mr Gibb” 5 minutes after Hugh Bigger timed him 2nd Open vel 1255.19 flying 321 miles for Mr & Mrs Reid & Son of Carrickfergus.
Hugh Bigger holding “Mr Gibb” 2nd Open in the INFC Yearling Nat for M/M Reid & Son.
Joey McLaughlin from Blanchardstown winner of 1st South Sect & 3rd Open INFC Ylr Nat.
Leo and Yvonne Conran from Graignamanagh, 2nd South Sect & 4th Open Ylr Nat. See text.
Geordie Calvin and son Freddie of Annaghmore holding the 5th Yearling National winner.
The Blackwatertown WE partnership of Larkin Bros 4th North Sect & 6th Open INFC.
The high-flying McCartan & Woodsides from Crossgar, 5th North Sect & 7th Open INFC.
Darwin Stuart of Ballymoney HPS best bird into North Antrim and finished 8th Open Yearling Nat.
Brian McNeilly of Doagh & District HPS finished 9th & 11th Open INFC Sennen Cove collecting £1289.
“King 646” the No I stock cock for Leo van Rijn, the sire and g/sire of the two hens of Mr & Mrs B McNeilly.
Blue Cheq hen 7th North Section and 9th Open INFC Yearling Nat.
Andy O’Brien from Gorey, best ever position of 10th Open INFC Yearling National.
Blue hen 8th North Section and 11th Open INFC Yearling Nat.
Mr Gibb 2nd Open INFC Yearling Nat, bred by Ian Gibb and raced by Hugh Bigger.
willie reynolds

Re: Yearling national Sennen Cove - 1st Open Moody Bros, Gilford

Homers Odyssey INFC Race Review 2022

INFC Yearling National won by Moody Bros of Gilford & District -

The second race of the season and one of the most popular was the Yearling National, a major success after it was introduced through efforts both by myself and the late and highly respected L O Barr from Templepatrick. The Yearling National was flown for the first time in 1977 to celebrate the Queens Jubilee Year, liberation in Weymouth was at 5.30am after a one-day hold-over. Toland & Campbell from Bleary won 1st Open INFC doing velocity 1055 and collected the Jubilee Trophy. In 1978 the race was added to the INFC race programme and Nelson Corry Cup was presented for first time. The complete list of winners is on pigeonnetwork.com in the INFC History section. The race was sponsored by Beattie’s Bird & Pet Foods, Tandragee. 1st RPRA Moody Bros vel 1272, 1st IHU North McCartan & Woodsides vel 1182, 1st IHU South J McLoughlin vel 1199. Three bags of mixture each. Publication of race result sponsored by British Homing World.

1st North Sect & 1st Open Moody Bros Gilford & District, vel 1272 flying 297 miles winning £692 and the Nelson Corry Trophy
Nigel Moody supplied me a bit of info the Buckley team from Edgarstown proved a good choice for a swap of youngsters. Champion “Mr Buckley” Blue Cock, Wildemeersch and Soonten bred by S& E Buckley of Portadown. We swapped 6 young birds each, he raced every young bird race except the last Skibbereen (INFC) because he had been attacked by a hawk coming out of NIPA National the week before. He was stopped and raced all the inland races, except the Nationals, 2 Telbennys and then theINFC Yearling National, he was on roundabout when he won.

INFC Sennen Cove Yearling National 470/2693 – Moody Bros Gilford 1272, M/M R Reid & Son Carrick Social 1255, J McLoughlin Blanchardstown 1199, L Conran Graignamanagh 1199, G Calvin Annaghmore 1188, Larkin Bros Blackwatertown WE 1182, Mccartan & Woodsides Crossgar 1182, D & H Stuart Ballymoney 1181, M/M B McNeilly Doagh & Dist 1180, A O’Brien Gorey 1174, M/M B McNeilly 1180, Devine & Himli Skerries 1161, T & S Molloy Arklow United 1149, McComb Bros Killyleagh Central 1141, Gary Doyle Arklow United 1141, J Fitzgerald & Granddaughter Rathnew 1133, B Doyle Enniscorthy 1121, Adair & McComb’s Crossgar 1115, L Conran 1109, Adair & McComb’s 1108.

INFC North Section Sennen Cove 285/1671 - Moody Bros Gilford 1272, M/M R Reid & Son Carrick Social 1255, G Calvin Annaghmore 1188, Larkin Bros Blackwatertown WE 1182, Mccartan & Woodsides Crossgar 1182, D & H Stuart Ballymoney 1181, M/M B McNeilly Doagh & Dist 1180, M/M B McNeilly 1180, McComb Bros Killyleagh Central 1141, Adair & McComb’s Crossgar 1115, Adair & McComb’s 1108. McLoughlin Bros Annalong 1085, S & N Maginty Muckamore 1085, J & D Braniff Wheatfield 1080, G Douglas Blackwatertown WE 1070, Horner Bros & Son Ballyclare 1067, D & J Armstrong & Son Carrick Social 1063, John Greenaway Bondhill 1060, S Milligan & Daughter Downpatrick Premier 1049.

INFC South Section Sennen Cove 185/978 - J McLoughlin Blanchardstown 1199, L Conran Graignamanagh 1199, A O’Brien Gorey 1174, Devine & Himli Skerries 1161, T & S Molloy Arklow United 1149, Gary Doyle Arklow United 1141, J Fitzgerald & Granddaughter Rathnew 1133, B Doyle Enniscorthy 1121, L Conran 1109 Graignamanagh 1109, R Fewings Rathnew 1100, Robert Dowdall & Son East Wall & District 1071, J & M Merrigan Rathnew 1064, J & C Delaney Greenhills 1063, Gary Doyle Arklow United 1063, Joe Doheny Malahide & District 1062, A Smyth Castlebellingham 1065, Kennedy & Jackman Enniscorthy 1049, J McLoughlin Blanchardstown 1048.

NIPA (INFC Sennen Cove Ylr Nat) - Moody Bros Gilford 1272, M/M R Reid & Son Carrick Social 1255, G Calvin Annaghmore 1188, Larkin Bros Blackwatertown WE 1182, Mccartan & Woodsides Crossgar 1182, D & H Stuart Ballymoney 1181, M/M B McNeilly Doagh & Dist 1180, M/M B McNeilly 1180, McComb Bros Killyleagh Central 1141, Adair & McComb’s Crossgar 1115, Adair & McComb’s 1108. McLoughlin Bros Annalong 1085, S & N Maginty Muckamore 1085, J & D Braniff Wheatfield 1080, G Douglas Blackwatertown WE 1070, Horner Bros & Son Ballyclare 1067, D & J Armstrong & Son Carrick Social 1063, John Greenaway Bondhill 1060, D & J Campbell Eastway 1039.

Irish South Road Fed (INFC) Sennen Cove Ylr Nat – J McLoughlin Blanchardstown RPC 1199, Hopkins Bros & Sons Blanchardstown RPC 1101, Robert Dowdall & Son East Wall & District 1071, J & C Delaney Greenhills 1063, McCartan & Whelan Bray South End 1050, J McLoughlin Blanchardstown RPC 1048, L Donnelly & Son Finglas 1008, P & A Foster Blanchardstown RPC 956, Ray Matthews & Family Sallynoggin 927, J McLoughlin Blanchardstown RPC 920.

South Leinster Fed Sennen Cove Ylr Nat – A O’Brien Gorey RPS 1174, T & S Molloy Arklow United RPC 1149, Gary Doyle Arklow United RPC 1141, B Doyle Enniscorthy 1121, Gary Doyle Arklow United RPC 1063, Kennedy & Jackman Enniscorthy 1049, Gary Doyle Arklow United RPC 949, J Maghery Arklow United RPC 899, T & S Molloy Arklow United RPC 879, Byrne & Bradley Newtown Kilpedder 766.

East Coast Federation (INFC Sennen Cove Ylr Nat) – Devine & Himli Skerries 1161, Joe Doheny Malahide & District 1062, A Smyth Castlebellingham 1055, S Dunne & Son Balbriggan 953, A Kelly Skerries 906, P J Corcoran & Son Balbriggan 893, A Kelly Skerries 906, B & P McEvoy Castlebellingham 830, E & J Campbell Balbriggan 782, B & P McEvoy Castlebellingham 751.

Muckamore Station Sennen Cove Ylr Nat – Mr & Mrs R Reid & Son Carrick Social 1255, Mr & Mrs B McNeilly Doagh & District 1180, Mr & Mrs B McNeilly 1173, S & N Maginty Muckamore 1085, J & D Braniff Wheatfield 1080, Horner Bros & Son Ballyclare & Dist 1067, D & J Armstrong & Son Carrick Social ,1063, D & J Campbell Eastway 1039, A Thompson Ballyclare & Dist 1034, Grattan Bros Eastway 1001, A Thompson 946, R Duddy Ballyclare & Dist 929, S & N Maginty 918, W Livingstone Ahoghill 838, Degnan & McKee Ballycarry & Dist 802, R Bamber Cullybackey 786, N Lusty Muckamore 783, A Thompson 780, J & R Blair Ballyclare & Dist 776, Grattan Bros 769.

Coleraine Station Sennen Cove Ylr Nat – D & H Stuart Ballymoney 1181, Danny Dixon Ballymoney 990, A Gage Ballymoney 902, C McCook Ballymoney 874, D & H Stuart 524, Danny Dixon 478,

East Antrim Combined Sennen Cove Ylr Nat - Mr & Mrs R Reid & Son Carrick Social 1255, Mr & Mrs B McNeilly Doagh & District 1180, Mr & Mrs B McNeilly 1173, Horner Bros & Son Ballyclare & Dist 1067, D & J Armstrong & Son Carrick Social ,1063, D & J Campbell Eastway 1039, A Thompson Ballyclare & Dist 1034, Grattan Bros Eastway 1001, A Thompson 946, R Duddy Ballyclare & Dist 929, Degnan & McKee Ballycarry & Dist 802, N Lusty Muckamore 783, A Thompson 780, J & R Blair Ballyclare & Dist 776, Grattan Bros 769, A Thompson 744, D & J Campbell 711, C & L Woodside Ballyclare & Dist 541, R Duddy 524, C & L Woodside 521.

Newry City Combined Sennen Cove Yearling National – C O’Hare & Son Ballyholland 1033, 885, 885, Gary Murphy Ballyholland 798, C O’Hare & Son 782, Des Carroll Millvale 744, C O’Hare & Son 723, Donnelly Bros Millvale 697, Mark Maguire & Son Millvale 687, P Murtagh & Son Ballyholland 686, Owen Markey Ballyholland 669, 657, Mark Maguire & Son 609, 601, C O’Hare & Son 587.

The INFC Sennen Cove yearling National was flown on Wednesday 15th June. Liberation took place at 06.45am in light northerly winds. Danny Dixon timed the best bird in the Mid Antrim Combine at 16.52pm flying 342 miles to the Dunloy lofts to record 990 and finish 52nd Open National. Grandam on both sides of the blue pied hen is Danny's Penzance young bird National winner "Dixie Chic". Her grandsire is a son of "Lady Helen" that Danny purchased at a Martin Graham reduction sale. Only a further four Combine members clocked on the night William Livingstone the Ahoghill winner at 18.23pm & 107th Open, the Cullybackey winner Roy Balmer 19.06pm & 126th Open, Chris Moore of Ahoghill 20.55pm & 167th Open and Neil & Steven Anderson of Cullybackey timing a game bird at 22.12pm to finish 199th Open. Other clocking the next morning in the prizes were S & N Doherty Ahoghill 235th & 237th Open, Young & McManus & Sons Ahoghill 236th Open, Gary Gibson of Cullybackey 261st & 263rd Open, Sam Murphy Kells 269th Open, Danny Dixon Rasharkin 276th Open, John McNeill & Son Randalstown 279th Open, Maurice Agnew Kells 295th Open and Houston Bros Randalstown 297th Open. Mervyn Eagleson PO.

Mid Antrim Combine Sennen Cove Yearling National - D Dixon Rasharkin 990, W Livingstone Ahoghill 838, R Balmer Cullybackey 786, C Moore Ahoghill 687, N & S Anderson Cullybackey 634, S & N Doherty Ahoghill 551, Young & McManus & Sons Ahoghill 549, S & N Doherty Ahoghill 546, G Gibson Cullybackey 492, G Gibson Cullybackey 491, S Murphy Kells & Dist 485, D Dixon Rasharkin 478, J McNeill & Son Randalstown 472, McFarlane & Agnew Kells & Dist 448, Houston Bros Randalstown 446.

INFC Clubs Sennen Cove Yearling National –

Gilford & District HPS – Moody Bros 1272, 832, A Feeney & Son 490.
Carrick Social – Mr & Mrs r Reid & Son 1255, D & J Armstrong & Son 1063.
Blanchardstown RPC – J McLoughlin 1199, Hopkins Bros & Sons 1101, J McLoughlin 1048, P & A Foster 956, J McLoughlin 920, S Duran 737.
Graignamanagh – L Conran 1199, 1109.
Annaghmore – G Calvin 1188, T McClean 808, 713.
Blackwatertown West End – Larkin Bros 1182, G Douglas 1070, Larkin Bros 1019, 1003, H T & J Larkin 1001, 986, A Larkin 825, H T & J Larkin 779, Larkin Bros 676, A Larkin 639, H T & J Larkin 591, Larkin Bros 483.
Crossgar HPS – McCartan & Woodsides 1182, Adair & McComb’s 1115, 1108, McCartan & Woodsides 931, Adair & McComb’s 913, Sean McLoughlin 897, Adair & McComb’s 842, 833, 783, 779, Sean McLoughlin 767, Adair & McComb’s 684, 624, 495, Sean McLoughlin 490, Joe McGreevy 477.
Ballymoney HPS – D & H Stuart 1181, D Dixon 990, A Gage 902, C McCook 874, D & H Stuart 524, D Dixon 478.
Doagh & District HPS – Mr & Mrs B McNeilly 1180, 1173.
Gorey RPS – A O’Brien 1174.
Skerries – Devine & Himli 1161, A Kelly 906, 867, P & J Jones 668, A Kelly 657, Devine & Himli 656, 515.
Arklow United RPC – T & S Molloy 1149, Gary Doyle 1141, 1063, 949, J Maghery 899, T & S Molloy 878, Cullen Burke & O’Reilly 759.
Killyleagh Central – McComb Bros 1141, L Linden & Son 996, Gordon Bros & Sons 976, 833.
Rathnew – J Fitzgerald & Grand-daughter 1133, R Fewings 1100, J & M Merrigan 1064, J Duffy & Son 966, Jack Duffy 957, 816, R Fewings 811, J & M Merrigan 595, Gregory Bros 590, J & M Merrigan 572, P & J Snell 572, J & M Merrigan 506, Gregory Bros 450, 433, 433.
Enniscorthy – B Doyle 1121, Kennedy & Jackman 1049, B & B Gahan 659, 608.
Annalong – McLoughlin Bros 1085, K Rooney Son & Daughter 691.
Muckamore HPS – S & N Maginty 1085, 918, N Lusty 783, Mr & Mrs Magill 470.
Wheatfield – J & D Braniff 1080, 695, 675.
East Wall & District – Robert Dowdall & Son 1071, Thomas Murrin 597.
Ballyclare & District – Horner Bros & Son 1067, A Thompson 1034, 946, R Duddy 929, A Thompson 780, J & R Blair 776, A Thompson 744, C & L Woodside 541, R Duddy 524, C & L Woodside 521.
Greenhills – J & C Delaney 1063.
Malahide & District – Joe Doheny 1062.
Bondhill Social – John Greenaway 1060, Capper Bros 839, John Greenaway 510, Capper Bros 506.
Castlebellingham – A Smyth 1055, B & P McEvoy 830, 751, A Bird 630, McKeown & McEvoy 649, 529, 425.
Bray South End – McCann & Whelan 1050.
Downpatrick Premier – S Milligan & Daughter 1049, P McCullough & Daughter 977, S Milligan & Daughter 685, 685, 684, 562, F Black & Sons 552, S Milligan & Daughter 450.
Eastway HPS – D & J Campbell 1039, Grattan Bros 1001, 769, D & J Campbell 715, 711.
Ballyholland – C O’Hare & Son 1033, 885, 885, Gary Murphy 798, C O’Hare & Son 782, 723, P Murtagh & Son 686, Owen Markey 669, 657, C O’Hare & Son 587.
Carlow South RPC – Tom Gorman 1029.
Finglas – L Donnelly & Son 1008.
Annsborough – Gallagher Bros 988, Toner Bros 820, James Cleland 661.
Glenavy & District – I Gibb & Sons 987, E E & J Cairns 868, I Gibb & Sons 724, D Scott 642, 482.
Wicklow South Road – Esmond, Clare & Esmond 984, L McCall 880, Hodgkinson Bros 821, Esmond Clare & Esmond 674, S Duffy 619, Esmond Clare & Esmond 612, T Smyth 581, Healy & Byrne 568, S Duffy 515, T Smyth 494, S Duffy 485.
Dromara – A Bradley 984, N Black & Son 607, 446.
Loughgall – John McGeary 983, Sam Corrigan 722, W Corrigan 484.
Lurgan Social – T Fitzpatrick 981, D & B Lyness 960, T Fitzpatrick 944, D & B Lyness 743.
Edgarstown HPS – R Bell & Sons 972, R G & G Donaldson 966, 937, 898, G & C Simmons 709, R G & G Donaldson 644, A & R Neill 627, 626, R Bell & Sons 623, 623, S Roycroft 622, Mark Hughes 610, R Cassells 487, Paul Hope 462, R Cassells 460, David Love 445.
Laurelvale – Dowey Bros 971, G & C Topley 760, C & C Brown 689.
Balbriggan – S Dunne & Son 953, P J Corcoran & Son 893, E & J Campbell 782, S Dunne & Son 633, F & M McMahon 480.
Lisburn & District – A & T & J Houston 949, G Benson 817, L Magee & Sons 497, G Benson 494, 454.
Cloughey – Agar Bros 948, M Adair & Sons 842.
Armagh HPS – A & J Kelly 947, D C & P McArdle 708, P Duffy 463, J Campbell 455.
Blackwater RPC – John McFarland 929, L & D Whitmore 842, Tom Dardis 522, 491, L & D Whitmore 487.
Sallynoggin – Ray Matthews & Family 927.
Dundrum – A Murray & Son 913.
Hillsborough & Maze – J Kelly & Sons 898, E Russell 895, J Kelly & Sons 867, J Greenaway 690, J Kelly & Sons 583, Lyons & Kennedy 476, J Greenaway 457, Lavery Bros 450.
Kircubbin HPS – Paul Brown 867, Smyth Family Loft 829, 741, 692, Paul Brown 608, 607.
Drumnavaddy Invitation – Mr & Mrs N S Close 859, C & G Quinn 597.
Killyleagh & District – D Grieves 841, Morrison Bros 689.
Ahoghill Flying Club – W Livingstone 834, C Moore 688, S & N Doherty 551, Young McManus & Sons 549, S & N Doherty 546,
Beechpark Social – S & J McCullough 822, R Bothwell 810, 751, G McEvoy 731, C Beattie 659, 453.
Markethill – M Bruce & Son 804, G Hawthorne 480.
Ballycarry & District HPS – Degnan & McKee 802, Lynch Bros 506, Degnan & McKee 455.
Banbridge – E G Sands & Son 795, M Conlon & Sons 684, McCracken Bros 500, R Carson & Son 496. McCracken Bros 454.
Corrigs – S Brown 791, C McManus 756, R Shaw 679.
Cullybackey HPS – Roy Balmer 786, N & S Anderson 634, Gary Gibson 492, 491.
Newtown Kilpedder – Byrne & Bradley 766.
Carlow & District – P J & Padraig Nangle 751.
Millvale – Des Carroll 744, Donnelly Bros 697, Mark Maguire & Son 687, 609, 601.
Coalisland & District – G Quinn 697, 687, 687.
Kilkenny Rpc – P Dowling 690.
Comber Social – G Lyttle 672.
Drogheda & District – Tom Kavanagh 672, 609.
Colin HPS – P & K Braniff 657, Johnston Bros 482.
Bray Invitation – Stephen Homan 653, 535.
Harmony HPS – R & S Malcomson 641, Billy Wallace 636.
Dromore HPS – Harris Walsh 603.
Dublin North County RPC – H Grant & Sons 590.
Shelbourne Premier – M Byrne & Sons 583.
Drogheda Invitation – J Murray 564.
Newtownbreda HPS – I & A Cousins and M Albert 516.
Boyne Valley – B & P Emmett 511.
Dublin Northeast RPC – P Rock & Son 507.
Kells & District HPS – Sam Murphy 485, McFarlane & Agnew 448.
Randalstown HPS – J McNeill & Son 472, Houston Bros 446.
Derriaghy – R Benson 469.
Millisle – R Strain & Son 468.
Portadown & Drumcree – J Geary & Son 445.
Sarsfield RPC – D Tierney 436.

Willie Reynolds – NIPA & INFC Press Officer
http://www.nipapigeons.co.uk
http://www.elimarpigeons.com

Photo Captions
INFC Logo
Homer (r) presents the Nelson Corry Cup for 1st Open INFC Yearling Nat to Moody Bros of Gilford & District.
“Mr Buckley” the INFC Yearling National Sennen Cove winner for Moody Bros of Gilford.
Hugh Bigger at the loft of Mr & Mrs Reid of Carrickfergus, best in East Antrim in the Yearling National and best in Muckamore Centre.
“Mr Gibb” bred by Ian Gibb & Sons and raced by Hugh Bigger, 2nd Open in the Yearling Nat for M/M R Reid of Carrickfergus.
Cormac O’Hare from Ballyholland, super card in the Yearling National and best in the City of Newry.
Sam Buckley 2 Bird Ave trophy presented to Brian McNeilly (l) of Doagh & District by Homer, M/M McNeilly finished 9th & 11th Open INFC.
Joey McLoughlin (l) from Blanchardstown 1st South Sect and 3rd Open INFC collects the James McGrugan Memorial Cup from Homer.
Blue (c) “Bluey” winner of 1st Sect & 3rd Open INFC Yearling Nat Sennen Cove for Joey McLoughlin of Blanchardstown.
D & H Stuart of Ballymoney HPS 1st Centre Coleraine, a super bird flying 349 miles and finishing 6th North Sect & 8th Open INFC.
Danny Dixon 1st Mid Antrim Combine in the Yearling Nat Sennen Cove, and winner of three average cups for a fantastic season.
“Swallow Brae Seven” - Winner of 1st Open INFC Yearling Nat 2021 for Alan Darragh of Cullybackey.
Winner of 2nd North Sect & 2nd Open INFC Yearling Nat 2021 for Alan Darragh of Cullybackey.
Alan Darragh holding the 2021 INFC Ylr Nat winner “Swallow Brae Seven”, Alan has won this race on three occasions.

Return to “Irish National Flying Club”