Kings Cup Grand Nat 2022 - 1st Open C McArdle & Son Newry City

It was in 1932 that His Majesty King George V presented a new cup to the Irish National Flying Club to be known as The King George V Challenge Cup and was to be awarded to the winner of the OB Grand National.

The 1932 Grand National race was flown from Les Sables at a distance of some 600 miles and the race was won by R Hawthorn from Ligoniel in North Belfast.This race was flown under IHU rules and it was not until 1948 that the Kings Cup was flown under IHU and RPRA rules.The race in 1948 was won by Sammy Robinson from Belfast.

The Irish National Flying Club have a six race programme for the 2020 season which enables its members to compete in the inland Nationals or over the channel at the very highest level. I hope you will enjoy using the website as it will be a source of information through out the season. Good luck to all members competing in this years Nationals. Ronnie Johnston Patron INFC.

The INFC has 2,100 members across Ireland. The 6 Race Programme includes the famous Kings Cup from France. Friendship Nat is also France, Ylr Nat Sennen Cove, YB Nat Penzance and OB and YB Nat from Skibbereen. Numerous other awards including Gold Medal, Hall of Fame Diploma, Triple Championship, Single Bird Challenge, 3 Bird Championship, Merit Awards etc. Results, Reports, Latest News etc. See Website http://www.irishnationalflyingclub.com or http://www.infc.co.uk
willie reynolds

Kings Cup Grand Nat 2022 - 1st Open C McArdle & Son Newry City

Post by willie reynolds »

INFC Kings Cup 2022

Race marking information and times for St. Allouestre King’s Cup.
Trevor24 June 2022Uncategorised
Covid -19 is still a cause for concern and would all members please adhere to any requests at the marking and clock stations. Times for race marking.
13:30 to 15:00 All south and middle sections and Individual south section members.
15:30 to 17:30 N.I.P.A. sections A, B, D, E, H.
17:30 to 19:00 East Down Combine, Ulster Fed., N.I.P.A. sections C, F, and G. Individual north section members.

Please take care when completing your entry forms, especially when totaling them up.
Please attach your payment to the entry form and put your membership number on the back of your cheque or bank draft. If the payment covers more than one member please put all membership numbers on the back of the cheque or draft and keep the entry forms together.
Payments will not be processed at the race marking to avoid queuing.
Any shortages will be removed from pool monies and any over payments will be added to pool monies. (This can be avoided by accurately completing your entry form and payment.)
Any members paying by euro please remember to multiply the sterling grand total by 1.25 for the currency conversion. Any help to race mark the pigeons would be appreciated.
Unfortunately, many have declined to assist when requested to help for a short time, this is very discouraging.
Thank you for your co-operation and please all act responsibly when attending the marking centre and respect the facilities which have been kindly granted. Catering will be available as usual.
We will update on Monday 27th June to confirm if we will race mark on Tuesday 28th June.

Race marking Grand National St. Allouestre King’s Cup 2022.
Trevor27 June 2022Uncategorised
Grand National St. Allouestre King’s Cup Sponsored by Frazer Animal Feeds.
Race marking will take place as planned on Tuesday 28th June 2022 times as in the previous post for a possible release on Friday.
Would members using electronic timing systems please ensure races are cleared if they are entering pigeons which have been in a race which has been flown. Thank you.

******** INFC Grand National St. Allouestre King’s Cup 2022. - Total 2,119 Birds away.

I have been in hospital for 15 days in June due to a fall which resulted in a fractured hip. Only released home 0n 29th June and my race reports will be running late. Those finishing in the INFC Top 10 for Sennen Cove Yearling, Kings Cup and Friendship National should forward bird info and a photo of bird/partnership if possible, ASAP. Either through phone message, whats app or e-mail. Contact details are in the INFC Race Book. Reports will be published as I get them finished, please be patient. Willie Reynolds HOMER.

Friday 1st July 2022

Morning all it’s a beautiful morning in Saint Allouestre, we are hopeful for a lib later this morning, Jim is wanting sun on the baskets. Winds at lib point are 3mph northerly that will be changing almost immediately to south westerly light to moderate en-route strengthening as the day gets on in the channel and Irish Sea turning lighter in Ireland. A few showers are forecast on the water, but are sporadic. Inland showers and light rain will be developing in the evening with a few heavy outbursts to the rear of the weather front. We are agreed that this is our best option as conditions on Saturday in NW France and the channel are not suitable, and leading into Sunday the wind changes round to NW. We will confirm with Trevor a lib time and let you know as soon as possible. Alan Larkin.

Grand National St. Allouestre King’s Cup Liberation Friday.

Grand National King’s Cup St. Allouestre Friday 1st July 2022. Sponsored by Frazers Animal Feeds.
492 members have entered 2119 pigeons and are competing for £26,418 in pools and prize money.
The pigeons have been released at 06:00 the wind at the release site was light northerly which will turn south westerly on route.

The Friendship National liberation is planned for next Thursday weather permitting and race marking will be on Monday evening .
This will be confirmed on Sunday.

Grand National St. Allouestre King’s Cup update Friday 1st July @ 23:30
Grand National St. Allouestre King’s Cup Friday 1st July 2022. - Sponsored by Frazers Animal Feeds

Provisional Top 10 in today’s race.
1 C McArdle & Sons Newry City 1258. Stephen McArdle, 2 G Douglas Blackwatertown 1219, 3 B & P Emmett Boyne Valley 1216, 4 Devine & Hilmi Skerries 1211, 5 N Black & Son Dromara 1209.5, 6 R & P Brennan Barrow Valley 1209.2, 7 C & H Beattie Gilford 1201, 8 J Burrows Eastway 1193.9, 9 R Williamson Newry & District 1193.0, 10 M Ewbanks Newry City 1192 Approximately 90 first day birds have been recorded in the race.
Clock checking for second day arrivals.

Coleraine contact Russel, l Banbridge 20:00 to 20:30, Balbriggan 19:00, Muckamore 18.00
Lisburn 19.00 to 19.30, Portadown 18:00 to 18:30. Other stations please contact the station manager. Hours of darkness 22.47 to 04.48.

PS - Don't forget to send bird info and relevant photos to Homer, so he can complete a Race Report for publication.

Homer - Willie Reynolds -
Tel/Fax: (028) 256 44683
Mobile: 07538 238364
Twitter: willie reynolds@homerbhw
Email: homerbhw@gmail.com
http://www.infcpigeons.co.uk
http://www.pigeonnetwork.com
http://www.irishnationalflyingclub.com
www.niparacingpigeons.co.uk
www.elimarpigeons.com
willie reynolds

Re: Kings Cup Grand Nat 2022 - 1st Open C McArdle & Son Newry City

INFC Grand National Kings Cup Huge Success

Grand National St. Allouestre King’s Cup was flown on Friday 1st July 2022. Sponsored by Frazers Animal Feeds in Banbridge. Following the previous weeks St Malo Nat & Derby event the weather remained uncertain, but the birds were raced marked as planned and everything was set for a liberation on Friday.

This week the biggest Race of the Year the I.N.F.C Grand National St. Allouestre King's Cup was held on Friday the 1st of July. All fanciers sent their 20 Bird Limit teams for race marking through the designated I.N.F.C Centre in Lisburn on Tuesday the 28th of June with the everyone full of nerves and excitement on the potential possibilities of winning the King's Cup. This race is by far the most anticipated race of the calendar year with a total of 492 Members from throughout the Island of Ireland entering 2,119 Birds competing for £26,418 in pools and prize money.

Winning the King's Cup is every pigeon fanciers dream no matter what kind of pigeon you race, where you are from, how long you have been racing, none of this matters as this race lives up to its billing with winners of The King's Cup, Past and Present, all have their name forever etched into the History of the Sport, and especially outside of it being long remembered for winning it.
The Lorries embarked on their journey from Lisburn to the North of France to the Liberation Site in St. Allouestre. The I.N.F.C got the-all clear from the race controlling team and liberated 2,119 Pigeons at 6:00 am in a Light Northerly Wind. The Race point is approximately 460 miles from club members respective lofts in Newry & Mourne Area. The first pigeons flight time into the Newry Centre was 10 hours and 58 minutes - The King's Cup is Won in Newry City. Text J Hughes. PO.

1st North Section, 1st Open C McArdle & Sons Newry City Inv, Vel 1258 flying 470 miles. Winning £3,150 and King George V Challenge Cup
The I.N.F.C Grand National St. Allouestre King's Cup 2022 winner is C McArdle & Sons of Newry City Invitation in County Down.This year’s King's Cup winners are two brothers Stephen & Brian (Brew) McArdle. Their lofts are situated in Banbridge some 470 miles from St. Allouestre and they race under C McArdle & Sons in Newry City Invitation H.P.S.

The McArdle lads have always had a keen interest in Long Distance Racing in their 50 plus years racing the pigeons. I got in contact with Brew and Stephen McArdle for little insight into their win and their experience of the weekend.
"We always liked racing from across the Channel and further into France." "We had entered 3 of our birds into the race and little did we know it would only take the one to win it." "We anticipated the birds to make their way across into Ireland from 4 onwards." Next thing at 16.58 our 2-year-old Blue Cheq Pied hen flew over the top of our heads and straight onto the landing board of our loft." "We got the shock of our lives and such an adrenaline rush as we couldn’t believe it when we saw her arrive the whole way from France".

(Pictured below) Stephen took a photo of the bird as she just arrived home to the loft. The McArdles had to then go to the I.N.F.C Banbridge Centre shortly after timing to have their clock struck off and checked along with every other fancier who clocked to confirm times for the making out of a result.

"We arrived at the Centre with our clock along with a few of the other lads at the centre." "We were just discussing the race and our times and after hearing our times everyone was saying, our time will be hard to beat and I don’t see anyone else with a better time than yours." "We couldn’t believe it that we were topping the I.N.F.C Banbridge & Newry Centre."

As time went on the McArdles where the talk of the Country as their time circulated from fancier to fancier. Later that night they got a phone call from the I.N.F.C Secretary Trevor Topping to confirm that they had won the King's Cup. "We couldn’t believe it when we were told that we had won the King's Cup." "You always dream that somehow one day what it would be like to win the biggest race of them all, but the dream has come true."
Stephen immediately put up on the 'Winners North South' Facebook Pigeon Group full of excitement "Just Won the King's Cup YEE HA!" "This season our hen had a total of 3 N.I.P.A Inland races and a Talbenny and after that we privately trained her right up until the week before the King's Cup race."
"We would like to thank our good friend Mark Ewbanks, as the bloodlines are from Marks Lofts."
"We also decided to name the bird after our mother Eileen, as she was a great person and she never gave up just like this wee hen never gave up, to come home all the way from France to win us the King's Cup" This is only the 2nd time that the King's Cup has been won in Newry Centre with Johnny Murtagh of Ballyholland H.P.S winning the Blue Riband event in 2019.

Brian and Stephen will be presented with the King's Cup at the I.N.F.C Presentation Night held at the Stormont Hotel in Belfast in November by last year’s winner Liam McCall of Wicklow who has won it twice. Now C McArdle & Sons of Newry City Invitation will be added to this star-studded list.
This will undoubtedly be the best accolade that the McArdle’s could ever achieve and the memories of Friday the 1st July 2022, will live long with them for the rest of their lives.
Many congratulations to C McArdle & Sons. Jordan Hughes PO.

2nd North Section, 2nd Open G Douglas Blackwatertown, Vel 1219 flying 477 miles. Winning £1,032 and the Nelson Vase 1st RPRA member after winner in the Kings Cup
Former Kings Cup winner Geoffrey Douglas of Lurgan came so close again this season finishing the runner-up, as a young fancier he set a record by winning 1st Open and the famous Kings Cup in 1980 from Les Sables in a hard race recording velocity 954ypm.
This year his “Jim's Girl” bred and raced by Geoffrey Douglas had 1st Club, 2nd North Sect & 2nd Open INFC racing into the Lurgan based Blackwatertown. Details as requested. 3year old D/Ch hen. Sire, Van Dyke Kannibaal lines through Mick Purcell of Dublin. Dam, Van Loon through Safet Duran of Dublin. Sent sitting 14 days having flown 3 inland races inc. INFC Skibbereen Nat and 1st Talbenny. She was then trained to Skerries twice a week.

1st South Section, 3rd Open B & P Emmett Boyne Valley, Vel 1216 flying 430 miles. Winning £1,970 and the Joe Cullen Memorial Cup for 1st East Coast Fed (Dublin) member in the Kings Cup.
Brian Emmett supplied the following. The pigeon is a 3yo cock, I sent him and his hen sitting 10 days on eggs. He mother was our St Malo 1st Open winner in 2019 and his sire is one of the last pigeons we got from my late father Spike. His mother was also from Spike's loft. My brother Martin could fill you in on the blood. Paula was waiting in the garden undercover as it was raining from about 3 o'clock knowing that the pigeons were in good form, I came home from work at 4 thinking that they would be home about 6.00pm. We were sitting under the pergola out of the rain, and I didn't have to wait long as the pigeon came along at 4.22pm, it landed on the roof along with another pigeon and thankfully he went straight in. We were over the moon with the pigeon as last year it took him a week to come home from the King's Cup, but knew he'd be going back this year as he was coming good. He was 18th Fed from Talbenny 2 and came well from Bude, Hhs hen came home at 8.30am the next morning.

2nd South Section, 4th Open Devine & Hilmi Skerries, Vel 1211 flying 414 miles winning £631
Derek Devine sent me the following after my phone contact and thanks as well to Des Murray for his assistance in this area. We are delighted with our national results so far this season. Being 125th open Skibbereen national, 12th open yearling national and 4th open Kings cup. With stock from Ken Gilday and Derek Walton. We were particularly delighted with having the 1st yearling in the Kings cup. This bird has been 7 open Bude East Coast fed as well as flying Talbenny and the Yearling national. It’s dam is down from a grandson 1st open Miller gold cup winner in 2005 and granddaughter of the Yearling national winner 2005. On the sire side is from our own stock Maarten Vinkenborg line. It was sent to the Kings cup sitting 10 day eggs and result was pleasing.

3rd North Section, 5th Open N Black & Son Dromara, Vel 1209 flying 471 miles winning £443
Yet another top performance to add to the ever-growing CV for one of the top distance lofts in Northern Ireland racing into Dromara in County Down and a record-breaking list of achievement, former winners and many other Cups and Diplomas in the INFC. N.Black & Son Dromara 3rd North section 5th Open, the loft timed five in the open result the others being 153rd, 197th, 205th and 241st Open. Previous Kings Cup winners this is the twentieth time the loft have made the Top 10, they are also double National Champions won three Hall of Fames a Triple award and a Gold medal. They have also won four Harkness Rose bowls ana a Friendship National. The pigeon timed was a two-year-old grizzel cock named Bobby after good friend Bobby Stevenson who bred the great grandfather for the partnership. Bobby had three races in preparation for the Kings Cup Corrin, Talbenny one and Fermoy comeback plus plenty of 60 miles training tosses. He was sent sitting eggs fourteen days. His sire is a son of Fiona 13th Friendship National plus 10th and 61st Kings Cup when paired to the sire of Jean 1st Section 3rd Open NIPA St.Malo. The dam is a full sister to the dam of the Tin Man 6th open NIPA St.Malo, being a daughter of the lofts Gold Medal winner Big Darren when he was paired to a daughter of Rocky who was 5th and 8th Kings Cup.

6th Open Roly & Podgie Brennan Three Counties RPC, Vel 1209 flying 387 miles winning £150
See photo fellow Carlow pigeon man, Roly Brennan holding the Blue Hen that was timed from this year’s Kings Cup race early on the day, winning a confirmed 6th Open. The hen is bred direct from pigeons obtained from the late Terence O’Brien of Dublin, a legend in his heyday and described by Roly as once in a lifetime pigeons that have done everything asked of them, including winning ,Clubs, Feds, & National races. Well done Roly, great result. Francis Corcoran PO.

4th North Section & 7th Open C & H Beattie Gilford & District, Vel 1201 flying 476 miles winning £314
Another loft dedicated to long distance racing, Henry Beattie was a winner of the Kings Cup and son Cyril and wife Hilary have had several top positions since. Cyril said delighted to have clocked a pigeon in the I.N.F.C. King's Cup 2022 and to have achieved 7th Open. Well done to Stephen & Brian McArdle on the win, great achievement and all that have clocked. The pigeon that we clocked yesterday was the son of our 2nd Open Kings Cup pigeon from 2013.Three recent seasons pigeons all from one breeding line.

5th North Section & 8th Open Ronnie Williamson Newry & District, Vel 1193 flying 460 miles winning £839
Recent winner Ron Williamson an ace racer in the NIPA for many years gets close again to winning a second Kings Cup. Ron is one of the very few to be able to say he has won this prestigious trophy back in 2013 when he was racing the birds in Bondhill H.P.S. (Portadown). Pictured below being presented with the King's Cup in 2013. Just one week previous, Ron claimed 2nd National position from St. Malo pictured and now this week Ron finishes 2nd Newry Centre and wins Newry & District Club while also finishing overall 8th National and 5th North Section in the King's Cup while taking home a great sum of prize money for his positions. Ron now adds this triumph to his every growing list of honours he has achieved in his years of racing. Jordan Hughes PO.

6th North Section & 9th Open Mark Ewbanks Newry City, Vel 1192 flying 470 miles winning £719
Mark goes by the name of Kings Cupbirds on Facebook and he most certaintly lives up to that name. Mark not only timed 4 Pigeons out of 5 but he also has the privilege of being able to say he his bloodlines has won the Kings Cup in 2022. A little background into Marks Bloodlines when 20 years ago Mark bought a hen from Davy Hutchinson. All three birds he clocked are great grandchildren of this hen and so is this years Kings Cup winner. First clocked is my Sootjen family crossed with a Busschaert hen from Chrisey North. Second clocked is my family crossed with a double granddaughter of Big Smithy from Ian Stafford. Third in the clock in my good hen that won Fermoy and Bude as a yearling then flew the kings cup last year out of race time. Mark has 3 Pigeons in the placings with his 4th Bird just missing out of the placings. Mark Finishes 9th National, 6th North Section, 28th National, 23rd North Section, 158th National, 123rd North Section. 2nd, 4th and 6th Newry City Club and 3rd, 5th and 12th Newry Centre along with a sum of pool prize money for his positions, Jordan Hughes PO.

3rd South Section & 10th Open Art Kelly Skerries, Vel 1191 flying 412 miles winning £95
Another very consistent loft racing in East Coast Fed, Art Kelly has a string of top INFC positions, including 1st Open Yearling National Sennen Cove in 1998, 3rd Open Friendship National and runner-up for the Kings Cup in 2016 when the race from St Allouestre was won by Mr & Mrs Magill from Muckamore recording velocity 723ypm. This year Art timed a 2-year-old blue cock the sire of which was John Catherwood Mr Messac bloodlines while the dam is Joe Doheny off his best distance bloodlines. The sire is also the g/sire of the lofts second arrival, and all the parents are flown France.

PAUL DUNLOP EDGARSTOWN HPS DOUBLE GOLD MEDAL WINNER
A massive congratulations to Paul on wining his Second GOLD MEDAL. it’s not an easy task winning awards but one that Paul is used to his first was with (The Wee Hen) from the Friendship National. He now wins his second from the Kings Cup with his 7 year old hen (the good hen) she is a DIRECT daughter off the (wee hen) outstanding breeding!! Paul is the only Fancier to win both in Northern Ireland/Ireland, these are the things what we all dream of winning. Paul is without doubt one of the best long distance lofts in the country, he has built up a family of pigeons that have excelled over the years from France for him and others and has won the NIPA Old Bird Derby from France as well. Well done again Paul from all the members of Edgarstown HPS. Simmo Facebook.

I.N.F.C / B.H.W SINGLE BIRD CHALLENGE - RESULT 2022
Flown from Saint Allouestre, 1st July 2022 1st Seany Hughes, Coalisland, Vel. 1094, 36th Open
Joe Doheny Trophy, Framed Diploma, £400. 2nd A. & N. Lewis, Doagh & District, Vel. 1085, 40th Open Framed Diploma, £250, 3rd Glen Buckley & Sons, Annaghmore Vel. 1080, 42nd Open Framed Diploma, £150, 4th Cooley Bros. & Son, Newtown Kilpedder Vel. 1062, 47th Open £100, 5th Matthew Russell, Dromara Vel. 830, 89th Open £75, 6th John Greenaway, Bondhill Vel. 803, 96th Open £50, 7th Austin Gage, Ballymoney Vel. 708, 144th Open £50, 8th Paddy Arthur, Boyne Valley Vel. 707, 146th Open £50, 9th Aiden McAteer & Sons, Ballyholland Vel. 687, 160th Open £50, 0th Agar Bros, Cloughey Vel. 671, 171st Open £50.

Other Challenge birds timed in the Open result were E. Murtagh & Sons, Individual, (Vel. 668, 174th Open), G. Douglas, Blackwatertown, (Vel. 667, 176th Open), D. & J. Caskey, Bangor, (Vel.667, 177th Open), P. Murtagh & Son, Ballyholland, (Vel. 659, 181st Open), W. Gault & Son, Kingsmoss, (Vel. 646, 185th Open). McKeown & McEvoy, Castlebellingham, (Vel. 646, 186th Open), Robert Shaw, Corrigs, (Vel.637, 196th Open), Colm Reid, Balbriggan, (Vel. 633, 198th Open), T. Mooney & Son, Millvale, (Vel. 632, 200th Open), N. Black & Son, Dromara, (Vel. 625, 205th Open), Alan Darragh, Cullybackey, (Vel. 587, 235th Open), L. & R. Barr, Crossgar, (Vel. 577, 242nd Open), Gary Benson, Lisburn, (Vel. 573, 248th Open). Objections to Secretary T. Topping in writing or by email within 7 days.

The INFC Committee are grateful once again for all the help at the race marking, and also all those involved in the various Clock Centres across Ireland including the temporary stations an Edgarstown in Portadown, Newry/Banbridge and Coleraine, every little bit of help is appreciated. On a personal note, many thanks to all those who supplied text and photos for this report or helped in any other way. The more info we get the better job can be done, any little snips, details of the bird itself plus info on the sire and dam. Any awards won previous, how long in the birds etc. ASAP after the race. Just to finish well done to the Race Control team Al Larkin and the lads newly installed and its so far so good. An almost impossible job with plenty of experts looking on, this time there is nothing to report with one of the best Kings Cup races, for a number of years. Well done to all concerned when they have success they need congratulated. Later on in the season I will feature reports and results on the Clubs/Feds and Combines and add some photos not included in this Top 10 report.

I have been in hospital for 15 days in June due to a fall which resulted in a fractured hip. Only released home on 29th June and my race reports will be running late. Those finishing in the INFC Top 10 for Sennen Cove Yearling, Kings Cup and Friendship National should forward bird info and a photo of bird/partnership if possible, ASAP. Either through phone message, whats app or e-mail. Contact details are in the INFC Race Book. Reports will be published as I get them finished, please be patient.

Homer - Willie Reynolds INFC Press Officer
www.elimarpigeons.com

Photo Captions Kings Cup race report
INFC Banner on Top
The I.N.F.C Grand National St. Allouestre King's Cup 2022 winners C McArdle & Sons of Newry City Invitation.
The Kings Cup winner “Eileen” arrives at the Newry City loft of C McArdle & Sons.
A very happy Brian McArdle of C McArdle and sons winner of the 2022 Grand National Kings Cup from St Allouestre in France flying 470 miles in 10 hours 58 minutes with his champion hen “Wee Eileen”. Photo at Donnelly Feeds in Newry City – Many Congratulations
“Jim's Girl”. Bred and raced by Geoffrey Douglas. Winner of 1st Club, 2nd Open Irish National Flying Club Old Bird National Kings Cup 2022.
Ace racer and former Kings Cup winner Geoffrey Douglas from Lurgan came close again in 2022.
Brian Emmett with the bird just after arrival to collect 1st South Section and 3rd Open INFC in the Kings Cup.
The bird just after arrival for B & P Emmett in Boyne Valley, 1st ECF and fantastic 3rd in the Kings Cup.
Devine & Hilmi from Skerries in Dublin finish a good 4th in the Kings Cup 2022, and runner-up in the East Coast Federation.
3rd North Section, 5th Open adds to the CV for N Black & Son Dromara. David and Alan Black of N. Black & Son Dromara, holding the first two bids from the Kings Cup 5th and 153rd Open INFC.
“Bobby” 3rd North section and 5th open Kings Cup for N. Black & Son.
Roly Brennan of Three Cointies RPC holding the Blue hen that was timed from this year’s Kings Cup race, winning 6th Open.
Cyril Beattie and the next generation enjoy their 7th Open INFC finish from St Allouestre. Grandson Nathaniel Beattie holding 2nd Open I.N.F.C. Kings Cup 2013. Cyril Beattie holding 7th Open I.N.F.C. Kings Cup 2022, son of 2nd Open Kings Cup.
Hilary Beattie holding 1st National winner I.N.F.C. Friendship National 2017.
Ron Williamson (r) collecting the Blue Riband Kings Cup from Gerry O’Reilly at the presentation in 2013. This season the loft wins 8th Open INFC.
One week earlier, Ron Williamson celebrated a 2nd Open NIPA finish in the St Malo OB Nat (France).
Mark Ewbanks holding this year King' Cup Winner which is down from Marks own family of pigeons scoring at the distance for several years. In 2022 three pigeons in the prizes with his 4th bird just missing out of the placings. Mark finishes 9th National, 6th North Section; 28th National, 23rd North Section; 158th National, 123rd North Section; plus 2nd, 4th and 6th Newry City Club and 3rd, 5th and 12th Newry Centre. Outstanding racing.
Another ace long-distance loft of Art Kelly from the Skerries holding his winner of 10th Open INFC St Allouestre.
Sean Hughes of Coalisland & District won the NIPA St Malo and one week later the Single Bird Challenge in the INFC from St Allouestre.
Paul Dunlop of Edgarstown (Portadown) winner of the INFC Gold Medal, his second.
The Silver Medal Diploma won by Paul Dunlop of Edgarstown.
Hall of Fame Diploma awarded for 3 times Kings Cup, won recently by Paul Dunlop.
Amended result is attached should you have space available for publication.
willie reynolds

INFC race review 2022 by HOMER – Kings Cup Grand National

The third race on the programme was the famous Blue Riband Kings Cup flown again from St Allouestre in France. All the INFC Nat races are major events, but the Kings Cup tops the lot, all lofts across Ireland strive to be added to this winning list. Even Ron Williamson with numerous 1st Opens in the NIPA told me after collecting the Kings Cup, this was the best.

The biggest Race of the Year the INFC Grand National St. Allouestre King's Cup was held on Friday the 1st of July. All fanciers sent their 20 Bird Limit teams for race marking through the designated INFC Centre in Lisburn on Tuesday the 28th of June with the everyone full of nerves and excitement on the potential possibilities of winning the King's Cup. This race is by far the most anticipated race of the calendar year with a total of 492 Members from throughout the Island of Ireland entering 2,119 Birds competing for £26,418 in pools and prize money.

Winning the King's Cup is every pigeon fanciers dream no matter what kind of pigeon you race, where you are from, how long you have been racing, none of this matters as this race lives up to its billing with winners of The King's Cup, past and present, all have their name forever etched into the History of the Sport, and especially outside of it being long remembered for winning it.

The Lorries embarked on their journey from Lisburn to the North of France to the Liberation Site in St. Allouestre. The INFC got the all-clear from the race controlling team and liberated 2,119 Pigeons at 6.00 am in a Light Northerly wind. The race point is approximately 460 miles from club members respective lofts in Newry & Mourne Area. The first pigeons flight time into the Newry Centre was 10 hours and 58 minutes - The King's Cup for 2022 is Won in Newry City. Text Jordan Hughes. PO.

1st North Section, 1st Open C McArdle & Sons Newry City Inv, doing Vel 1258 flying 470 miles. Winning £3,150 and King George V Challenge Cup
The I.N.F.C Grand National St. Allouestre King's Cup 2022 winner is C McArdle & Sons of Newry City Invitation in County Down. This year’s King's Cup winners are two brothers Stephen & Brian (Brew) McArdle. Their lofts are situated in Banbridge some 470 miles from St. Allouestre and they race under C McArdle & Sons in Newry City Invitation H.P.S.

The McArdle lads have always had a keen interest in Long Distance Racing in their 50 plus years racing the pigeons. I got in contact with Brew and Stephen McArdle for little insight into their win and their experience of the weekend.

"We always liked racing from across the Channel and further into France." "We had entered 3 of our birds into the race and little did we know it would only take the one to win it." "We anticipated the birds to make their way across into Ireland from 4 onwards." Next thing at 16.58hrs our 2-year-old Blue Cheq Pied hen flew over the top of our heads and straight onto the landing board of our loft." "We got the shock of our lives and such an adrenaline rush as we couldn’t believe it when we saw her arrive the whole way from France".

INFC Open St Allouestre 492/2118 – C McArdle & Sons Newry City 1258, G Douglas Blackwatertown WE 1219, B & P Emmett Boyne Valley 1216, Devine & Himli Skerries 1211, N Black & Son Dromara 1209, Roly & Podgie Brennan Three Counties RPC 1209, C & H Beattie Gilford 1201, Ronnie Williamson Newry & District 1193, Mark Ewbanks Newry City 1193, A Kelly Skerries 1191, J Burrows Eastway 1183, D Dixon Ballymoney 1180, Patrick Arthur Boyne Valley 1177, A Feeney & Son Gilford 1176, Donnelly Bros Newry City 1172, Jeff Greenaway Hillsborough & Maze 1172, R & S Malcolmson Harmony HPS 1169, Cowan & McCartney Dundonald 1166, J Kelly & Sons Hillsborough & Maze 1161, G Calvin Annaghmore 1155.

INFC St Allouestre North Sect 339/1585 – C McArdle & Sons Newry City 1258, G Douglas Blackwatertown WE 1219, N Black & Son Dromara 1209, , C & H Beattie Gilford 1201, Ronnie Williamson Newry & District 1193, Mark Ewbanks Newry City 1193, J Burrows Eastway 1183, D Dixon Ballymoney 1180, A Feeney & Son Gilford 1176, Donnelly Bros Newry City 1172, Jeff Greenaway Hillsborough & Maze 1172, R & S Malcolmson Harmony HPS 1169, Cowan & McCartney Dundonald 1166, J Kelly & Sons Hillsborough & Maze 1161, G Calvin Annaghmore 1155, G McKenna Eastway 1155, Armstrong & McAllister Ligoniel & Dist 1154, S Beattie & Daughters Ballycarry & Dist 1149, Glen Buckley & Sons Annaghmore 1142, S & N Lester Laurelvale 1138.

INFC St Allouestre South Sect 153/498 - B & P Emmett Boyne Valley 1216, Devine & Himli Skerries 1211, A Kelly Skerries 1191, Patrick Arthur Boyne Valley 1177, Joe Doheny Malahide & District 1093, Cooley Bros & Son Newtown Kilpedder 1062, John Power Leinster Premier CC 1034, John O’Gorman Clontarf RPC 1012, Cullen Burke & O’Reilly Arklow United RPC 987.

NIPA (INFC St Allouestre Kings Cup Grand Nat) - C McArdle & Sons Newry City 1258, G Douglas Blackwatertown WE 1219, N Black & Son Dromara 1209, , C & H Beattie Gilford 1201, Ronnie Williamson Newry & District 1193, Mark Ewbanks Newry City 1193, J Burrows Eastway 1183, Danny Dixon Ballymoney 1180, A Feeney & Son Gilford 1176, Donnelly Bros Newry City 1172, Jeff Greenaway Hillsborough & Maze 1172, R & S Malcolmson Harmony HPS 1169, J Kelly & Sons Hillsborough & Maze 1161, G Calvin Annaghmore 1155, G McKenna Eastway 1155, Armstrong & McAllister Ligoniel & Dist 1154, S Beattie & Daughters Ballycarry & Dist 1149, Glen Buckley & Sons Annaghmore 1142, S & N Lester Laurelvale 1138, B & M Gilmore Doagh & District HPS 1126.

East Coast Federation (INFC St Allouestre Kings Cup Nat) - B & P Emmett Boyne Valley 1216, Devine & Himli Skerries 1211, A Kelly Skerries 1191, Patrick Arthur Boyne Valley 1177, Joe Doheny Malahide & District 1093, F Moran Malahide & District 944, F Moran 927, B & P McEvoy Castlebellingham 760, McKeown & McEvoy Castlebellingham 740, J McGuinness Castlebellingham 719, Patrick Arthur 707, J Sharkey Castlebellingham 681, A Kelly 681, McKeown & McEvoy 646, C Reid Balbriggan 633, B & P Emmett 616, McKeown & McEvoy 606, Dylan & Dwyer Boyne Valley 598, D Corrigan Boyne Valley Devine & Himli 591, E Melia Skerries 575, McKeown & McEvoy 560, K Sharkey 554.

South Leinster Federation St Allouestre – Cooley Bros & Son Newtown Kilpedder 1062, Cullen Burke & O’Reilly Arklow United RPC 987, Kenna Finn & Burke Arklow United RPC 979, P Lambert Arklow United RPC 916, P Lambert 901, Cooley Bros & Son 881, Massey & Duffy Newtown Kilpedder 869, Massey & Duffy 860, Cooley Bros & Son 860, J Maghery Arklow United RPC 836, Kenna Finn & Burke 791.

Irish South Road Federation (INFC) St Allouestre – S Doyle & Daughter Ballybrack 802, Tom Kavanagh Drogheda & District 664, Tom Kavanagh 641, T Halpin & Son Blanchardstown 585.

East Down Combine St Allouestre – Cowan & McCartney Dundonald 1166, Burns Bros Comber Soc 1136, Mccartan & Woodsides Crossgar 1094, Pritchard Bros Annsborough 1080, Burgess & Brennan Bangor 1072, McCarten & Woodsides 1057, McCartan & Woodsides 955, Gordon Bros & Sons Killyleagh Cent 938, H Ballantyne & Son Ballylesson 932, Gallagher Bros Annsborough 900, Adair & McCombs Crossgar 884, Gordon Bros & Sons 847, Adair & McCombs 812, Gordon Bros & Sons 811, 777, Burns Bros 761, G Lyttle Comber Soc 759, Gallagher Bros 748, Burns Bros 727, D McNabb & Partners Downpatrick Prem 715, McCartan & Woodsides 706.

Ulster Federation St Allouestre – S McAllister & Sons Lagan Valley 1111, J & J Taggart Lagan Valley 797, J Braniff Britania 652, G Calderwood & Waite Shankill & District 612, J Lindores Son & Nicholson West Belfast 604, J & J Taggart Lagan Valley 591, B Hutchinson Abbey Social 577.

Muckamore Station St Allouestre – J Burrows Eastway 1183, G McKenna Eastway 1155, Armstrong & McAllister Ligoniel & Dist 1154, S Beattie & Daughters Ballycarry & Dist 1149, B & M Gilmore Doagh & Dist 1126, Higginson & Fasciolo Ballyclare 1101, A Thompson Ballyclare 1098, A & N Lewis Doagh & Dist 1085, Mark Witherspoon Horseshow 1066, C Moore Ahoghill 1042, A Thompson 1039, G McKenna 1036, Armstrong & McAllister 981, A & N Lewis 791, Armstrong & McAllister 784, C & R McIntyre Cullybackey 781, A Thompson 781, A Thompson 750, T Cairns & Sons Kingsmoss 745, R Duddy Ballyclare 734, A Darragh Cullybackey 731.

Coleraine Station St Allouestre – Danny Dixon Ballymoney 1180, John McConaghie Ballymoney 784, Trevor Steele Coleraine Prem 734, A Gage Ballymoney 708, John McConaghie 644, G Marshall Cookstown 633, W Blair Ballymoney 618.

Newry City Combined St Allouestre – C McArdle & Sons Newry City 1258, Ron Williamson Newry & District 1193, Mark Ewbanks Newry City 1192, Donnelly Bros Millvale 1172, Mark Ewbanks 1116, E & B McAteer Ballyholland 1022, J Murtagh & Son Ballyholland 935, P Murtagh & Son Ballyholland 871, B Chambers Ballyholland 759, E Murtagh & Sons Ind North 729, J Murtagh & Son 728, E Murtagh & Sons 727, K & H Young Newry City 718, Mark Ewbanks 689, A McAteer & Sons Ballyholland 687, E Murtagh & Sons 668, Des Carroll Millvale 659, P Murtagh & Son 659, E Murtagh & Sons 645,Ron Williamson 641.

East Antrim Combined St Allouestre – J Burrows Eastway 1183, G McKenna Eastway 1155, Armstrong & McAllister Ligoniel & Dist 1154, S Beattie & Daughters Ballycarry & Dist 1149, B & M Gilmore Doagh & Dist 1126, Higginson & Fasciolo Ballyclare 1101, A Thompson Ballyclare 1098, A & N Lewis Doagh & Dist 1085, Mark Witherspoon Horseshoe 1066, A Thompson 1039, G McKenna 1036, Armstrong & McAllister 981, A & N Lewis 791, Armstrong & McAllister 784, A Thompson 781, A Thompson 750, T Cairns & Sons Kingsmoss 745, R Duddy Ballyclare 734, G McKenna 712, T H Gibson Ballyclare 710.

Danny Dixon tops MAC in the Kings Cup Grand National -

The INFC Kings Cups birds were liberated in Saint Allouestre on Friday 1st July at 6.00am in light northerly winds. Best bird in the Mid Antrim Combine was recorded by Danny Dixon of Dunloy who timed his 4-year-old blue cock at 18.47pm flying 515 miles to his lofts in Dunloy village. This cock was sitting on two small chicks and breeding is Wilf Reid. Dam is a daughter of his number one stock Cock "Darkie" Danny finished 1st MA Combine & 12th Open National 492/2118 The only other Combine member to time an arrival on the first night was Chris Moore who races in Ahoghill Flying Club. Chris timed his 2-year-old blue hen sitting 8 - 9 day old eggs at 20.14pm to win 2nd MA Combine and 51st Open INFC. This hen was first to the loft in last season's Penzance Classic winning 9th Combine and 12th Section B. Breeding is Soontjen x C & L Fryers hen from Dromara. This Fryer's hen is full sister to the mother of their 1st Section F & 26th Open NIPA OB Derby St. Malo a couple of weeks ago. Chris is very grateful to C & L Fryer's for kindly giving him the very best from their stock. Chris & Robin McIntyre the Cullybackey winners were next best timing on the second day to win 110th Open. The brother's timed a 2-year-old natural cock sitting on a 7-day old youngster. This cock had both Talbenny's and Penzance as a yearling and this season three inland races and both Talbenny's. The sire contains the bloodlines of former Yearling National winner Sandy McKendry of Cullybackey and dam a Van Elsaker hen of A & M Boyle, Windsor Social. Others timing on the second day making the prizes were seven times National winner Alan Darragh of Cullybackey with two birds 132nd Open & 240th Open, William Livingstone of Ahoghill 155th Open, Maurice Agnew the Kells winner 161st Open and D & H Kirkpatrick Cullybackey 249th Open. Mervyn Eagleson PO.

Mid Antrim Combine - St Allouestre Kings Cup - D Dixon Rasharkin 1180, C Moore Ahoghill 1042, C & R McIntyre Cullybackey 781, A Darragh Cullybackey 731, W Livingstone Ahoghill 705, McFarlane & Agnew Kells & District 691, A Darragh Cullybackey 587, D & H Kirkpatrick Cullybackey 576.

Paul Dunlop of Edgarstown HPS – Double Gold Medal Winner

A massive congratulations to Paul on wining, his second Gold Medal. it’s not an easy task winning awards but one that Paul is used to his first was with (The Wee Hen) from the Friendship National. He now wins his second from the Kings Cup with his 7-year-old hen (the Good Hen) she is a Direct daughter off the (Wee Hen) outstanding breeding!! Paul is the only fancier to win both in Northern Ireland/Ireland, these are the things what we all dream of winning. Paul is without doubt one of the best long distance lofts in the country, he has built up a family of pigeons that have excelled over the years from France for him and others and has won the NIPA Old Bird Derby from France as well. Well done again Paul from all the members of Edgarstown HPS. Simmo on Facebook.

Kings Cup Merit Awards 2022 – Awarded to pigeons twice in the Kings Cup prizes.
John Greenaway Bondhill Social H.P.S. - Blue Cock GB19B-13280
St. Allouestre King’s Cup 2021 5th Open, St. Allouestre King’s Cup 2022 96th Open.
Burns Bros Comber Social HPS - “Wee Bridie” Blue Ch w/f Hen IHU19N-01702
St. Allouestre King’s Cup 2021 6th Open, St. Allouestre King’s Cup 2022 138th Open.
A McAteer & Sons Ballyholland - “Drumcove Clara” Blue Cheq Hen GB19B-32131
St. Allouestre King’s Cup 2021 15th Open, St. Allouestre King’s Cup 2022 165th Open
N Black & Son Dromara HPS - “Honeysuckle” Pencil Blue Pied Hen GB18D-06256
St. Allouestre King’s Cup 2021 27th Open, St. Allouestre King’s Cup 2022 210th Open.

INFC/BHW Single Bird Challenge - Result 2022 Flown from Saint Allouestre, 1st July 2022 1st Seany Hughes, Coalisland, Vel. 1094, 36th Open Joe Doheny Trophy, Framed Diploma, £400. 2nd A. & N. Lewis, Doagh & District, Vel. 1085, 40th Open Framed Diploma, £250, 3rd Glen Buckley & Sons, Annaghmore Vel. 1080, 42nd Open Framed Diploma, £150, 4th Cooley Bros. & Son, Newtown Kilpedder Vel. 1062, 47th Open £100, 5th Matthew Russell, Dromara Vel. 830, 89th Open £75, 6th John Greenaway, Bondhill Vel. 803, 96th Open £50, 7th Austin Gage, Ballymoney Vel. 708, 144th Open £50, 8th Paddy Arthur, Boyne Valley Vel. 707, 146th Open £50, 9th Aiden McAteer & Sons, Ballyholland Vel. 687, 160th Open £50, 10th Agar Bros, Cloughey Vel. 671, 171st Open £50.

Other Challenge birds timed in the Open result were E. Murtagh & Sons, Individual, (Vel. 668, 174th Open), G. Douglas, Blackwatertown, (Vel. 667, 176th Open), D. & J. Caskey, Bangor, (Vel.667, 177th Open), P. Murtagh & Son, Ballyholland, (Vel. 659, 181st Open), W. Gault & Son, Kingsmoss, (Vel. 646, 185th Open). McKeown & McEvoy, Castlebellingham, (Vel. 646, 186th Open), Robert Shaw, Corrigs, (Vel.637, 196th Open), Colm Reid, Balbriggan, (Vel. 633, 198th Open), T. Mooney & Son, Millvale, (Vel. 632, 200th Open), N. Black & Son, Dromara, (Vel. 625, 205th Open), Alan Darragh, Cullybackey, (Vel. 587, 235th Open), L. & R. Barr, Crossgar, (Vel. 577, 242nd Open), Gary Benson, Lisburn, (Vel. 573, 248th Open). Diplomas sponsored by Danny Dixon.

Note Single Bird Challenge: Kings Cup 2023 entry is £10.00. Entry forms can be downloaded from the website infcpigeons.co.uk – The deadline is as usual 17th March 2023.Willie Reynolds PO.

INFC Clubs Saint Allouestre:
Newry City – C McArdle & Sons 1258, Mark Ewbanks 1192, 1116, K & H Young 718, Mark Ewbanks 689.
Blackwatertown West End – G Douglas 1219, 667.
Boyne Valley – B & P Emmett 1216, Paddy Arthur 1177, 707, B & P Emmett 616, Dylan & Dwyer 598, D Corrigan 597.
Skerries – Devine & Himli 1211, A Kelly 1191, 681, Devine & Himli 591, E Melia 575.
Dromara – N Black & Son 1209, Matthew Russell 830, Russell Bros 815, G Kirkpatrick 743, C & L Fryers 734, N Black & Son 699, 635, 625, 580.
Three Counties RPC – Roly & Podgie Brennan 1209.
Gilford & District – C & H Beattie 1201, A Feeney & Son 1176, O Fitzpatrick & Son 1084, J McAtamney & Grandson 654, 654.
Newry & District – Ron Williamson 1193, 641, J J McCabe 639, S & Y Kane 612, M Gillan 599.
Eastway HPS – Jimmy Burrows 1183, Gary McKenna 1155, 1036, 712.
Ballymoney HPS – Danny Dixon 1180, John McConaghie 784, A Gage 708, John McConaghie 644, W Blair 618.
Millvale – Donnelly Bros 1172, Des Carroll 659, T Mooney & Son 632.
Hillsborough & Maze – Jeff Greenaway 1172, J Kelly & Sons 1161, I Rollins & Son 687, Sandra McAllister 669, J Kelly & Sons 641.
Harmony HPS – R & S Malcolmson 1169, G & J O’Hare 1065, M McCabe 719, Abernethy & Turner 666, L O’Neill & Son 600.
Dundonald – Cowan & McCartney 1166.
Annaghmore – G Calvin 1155, Glen Buckley & Sons 1142, 1110, 1080, P Boyd 1043, Glen Buckley & Sons 794, Tom McClean 723, P Boyd 687, R D Calvin 683, G Calvin 675, 674, R Telford 607.
Ligoniel & District – Armstrong & McAllister 1154, 981, 784.
Ballycarry & District – S Beattie & Daughters 1149.
Laurelvale – S & N Lester 1138, John Dowey 616, Dowey Bros 599.
Comber Social – Burns Bros 1136, 761, G Lyttle 759, Burns Bros 727, W & L Robinson 682.
Doagh & District HPS – B & M Gilmore 1126, A & N Lewis 1085, 791, B & M Gilmore 681.
Lurgan Social – John Barr 1113, 621.
Lagan Valley RPC – S McAllister & Sons 1111, J & J Taggart 797, 591.
Killyleagh & District – Morrison Bros 1101.
Ballyclare & District – Higginson & Fasciolo 1101, Arnold Thompson 1098, 1039, 781, 750, R Duddy 734, T H Gibson 710, A Gault 707, C & L Woodside 623, A Gault 617, Arnold Thompson 600, R Duddy 598.
Crossgar HPS – McCartan & Woodsides 1094, 1057, 955, Adair & McComb’s 884, 812, McCartan & Woodsides 706, 628, L & R Barr 577.
Coalisland & District – S Hughes 1094, Brendan Morgan 706, R Corey 669.
Malahide & District – Joe Doheny 1093, F Moran 927.
Annsborough – P Brown & Son 1093, Pritchard Bros 1080, Gallagher Bros 900, 748, 696, 648.
Banbridge – Rev TAB Sawyers & Son 1088, 902.
Bangor – Burgess & Brennan 1072, D & J Caskey 667.
Horseshoe HPS – Mark Witherspoon 1066, S & S O’Toole & Son 682.
Newtown Kilpedder – Cooley Bros & Son 1062, 881, Massey & Duffy 869, 860, Cooley Bros & Son 860.
Rathnew – Merrigan Bros 1057, J Fitzgerald & Grand-daughter 975, F Moran 944, J Fitzgerald & Grand-daughter 923, J Duffy & Son 872, 582.
Ahoghill Flying Club – C Moore 1042, W Livingstone 705.
Glenavy & District – D Coulter 1040.
Leinster Premier CC – John Power 1034.
Ballyholland – E & B McAteer 1022, J Murtagh & Son 935, P Murtagh & Son 871, B Chambers 759, J Murtagh & Son 728, A McAteer & Sons 687, P Murtagh & Son 659, A McAteer & Sons 631.
Clontarf RPC – John O’Gorman 1012.
Bray Invitation – James Cullen 1000, 637.
Newtownards – McGimpsey Bros 998, 759.
Portadown & Drumcree – A McDonald 997, B Creaney 619.
Arklow United RPC – Cullen, Burke & O’Reilly 987, Kenna Finn & Burke 979, Pat Lambert 916, J Maghery 836, Kenna Finn & Burke 791.
Wicklow South Road – Esmond Clare & Esmond 971, Liam McCall 920, 833, T Smyth 807, M Phillips 744, Liam McCall 563.
Killyleagh Central – Gordon Bros & Sons 938, 847, 811, 777.
Ballylesson – H Ballantyne 932.
Carlow & District – Stephen & Farrell 923.
Edgarstown HPS – R G & G Donaldson 871, G & C Simmons 729, Paul Dunlop 703, 614, R Cassells 605.
Dublin Northeast RPC – P Rock & Son 862, 817.
Graignamanagh – L Conran 859.
Annalong – P Trimble & Grandson 857.
Wheatfield – D M & G Ferguson 847, 754.
Bondhill Social – John Greenaway 814, 803, Capper Bros 684.
Ballybrack – S Doyle & Daughter 802.
Loughgall – Nelson Weir 782, 764, Sam Corrigan 605.
Cullybackey HPS – C & R McIntyre 781, Alan Darragh 731, 587, D & H Kirkpatrick 576.
Castlebellingham – B & P McEvoy 760, 740, J McGuinness 719, J Sharkey 681, McKeown & McEvoy 646, 606, 560, K Sharkey 554.
Derriaghy – D M & K Johnston 754, 639, 583.
Newtownbreda – T Marshall & Son 746, 630.
Kingsmoss – T Cairns & Sons 745, W Gault & Son 646.
Armagh HPS – P Duffy 737, A & J Kelly 637.
Coleraine Premier – Trevor Steele 734.
Corrigs – C McManus 729, R Shaw 637.
Lisburn & District – J Waring & Son 723, 723, M O’Reilly & Son 691, Gary Benson 690, A T & J Houston 618.
Downpatrick Premier – D McNabb & Partners 715.
Colin HPS – Johnston Bros 711.
Carrick Social – McDowell & Crawford 706, J McMaw 600.
Cloughey – M Adair & Sons 699, Agar Bros 671, 632.
Kells & District HPS – McFarland & Agnew 691.
Crumlin & District – R & S Hope 667.
Drogheda & District – Tom Kavanagh 664, 641.
Britannia – J Braniff 652.
Balbriggan – C Reid 633.
Cookstown – G Marshall 633.
Beech Park Social – S & J McCullough 619, 590.
Shankill & District – G Calderwood & Waite 61.
West Belfast – Lindores Son & Nicholson 604.
Muckamore HPS – D J Thompson 587.
Blanchardstown RPC – T Halpin & Son 585.
Omagh South – S Pearmain 582.
Abbey Social – B Hutchinson 577.

Willie Reynolds INFC Press Officer
www.elimarpigeons.com

Photo Captions

C McArdle & Son from Newry City collect the NIPA Cup for 1st NIPA loft in the St Allouestre Kings Cup from Homer at the INFC presentation.
The Kings Cup winner “Wee Eileen” in Newry City to the loft of C McArdle & Sons.
Mr & Mrs Paul Dunlop of Edgarstown (Portadown) winner of the INFC Gold Medal and Diploma for bird placed four times in the Kings Cup result.
The Gold Medal Diploma won by Paul Dunlop of Edgarstown in Portadown.
Duddy Extreme Distance Trophy-- Saint Allouestre O.B. Furthest flying member in the King’s Cup open prizes. Won by Trevor Steele Coleraine Premier HPS. 527 Miles, 131st Open on Vel. 734.
Cooley Bros & Son from Newtown Kilpedder collect the SLF Cup for 1st South Leinster Fed member in the St Allouestre Kings Cup.
Framed Diploma for 1st Single Bird Challenge in INFC was won by S Hughes of Coalisland & District. Single Challenge Diplomas are sponsored by Danny Dixon.
Jimmy Burrows of Eastway HPS best bird in the Muckamore Station and best bird into East Antrim.
Former Kings Cup winner Geoffrey Douglas from Blackwater WE finished 2nd Open in 2022 and collected the Nelson Vase for 1st RPRA member after the Kings Cup winner.
Mark Ewbanks from Newry City won the Harkness Rose Bowl for Best 2 Bird Average.
Montage of the Harkness Rose Bowl diploma, Mark Ewbanks loft finished 9th and 28th Open Kings Cup St Allouestre.
willie reynolds

The King's Cup is Won in Newry City -
This week the biggest Race of the Year the I.N.F.C Grand National St. Alloustre King's Cup was held on Friday the 1st of July. All Fanciers sent their 20 Bird Limit teams for racemarking through the designated I.N.F.C Centre in Lisburn on Tuesday the 28th of June with the everyone full of nerves and exitement on the potential possibilities of winning the King's Cup.
This Race is by far the most anticipated Race of the Calendar Year with a total of 492 Members from throughout the Island of Ireland entering 2,119 Birds competing for £26,418 in pools and prize money.

Winning the King's Cup is every Pigeon Fanciers Dream no matter what kind of Pigeon you race, where you are from, how long you have been racing none of this matters as this Race lives up to its billing with Winners of The King's Cup Past and Present all have their Name forever etched into the History of the Sport and especially outside of it being long remembered for winning it.
The Lorrys embarked on their Journey from Lisburn to the North of France to the Liberation Site in St. Alloustre
The I.N.F.C got the all clear from the race controlling team and Liberated 2,119 Pigeons at 6:00 AM in a Light Northerly Wind. The Racepoint is approximately 460 miles from club members respective lofts in Newry & Mourne Area. The First Pigeons flight time into the Newry Centre was 10 hours and 58 minutes.

The I.N.F.C Grand National St. Allouestre King's Cup 2022 Winner is C McArdle & Sons of Newry City Invitation
This years King's Cup Winners are 2 Brothers Stephen & Brian (Brew) McArdle. Their Lofts are situated in Banbridge 470 Miles from St. Allouestre and they race under C McArdle & Sons in Newry City Invitation H.P.S.
The McArdle lads have always had a keen interest in Long Distance Racing in their 50 plus years Racing Pigeons. I got in Contact with Brew and Stephen McArdle for little insight into their win and their experience
"We always liked Racing from across the Channel and further into France." "We had entered 3 of our birds into the race and little did we know it would only take the one to win it." "We anticpated the birds to make their way across into Ireland from 4 onwards." Next thing at 16.58 our 2 year Old Blue Cheq Pied Hen flew over the top of our heads and straight onto the landing board of our loft." "We got the shock of our lives and such an adrenaline rush as we couldn’t believe it when we saw her arrive the whole way from France".
(Pictured Below) Stephen took a photo of the bird as she just arrived home to the loft. The McArdles had to then go to the I.N.F.C Banbridge Centre shortly after timing to have their clock struck off and checked along with every other fancier who clocked to confirm times for the making out of a Result.

"We arrived at the Centre with our clock along with a few of the other lads at the centre." "We where just discussing the race and our times and after hearing our times everyone was saying, our time will be hard to beat and I dont see anyone else with a better time than yours." "We couldn’t believe it what we where topping the I.N.F.C Banbridge & Newry Centre."
As time went on the McArdles where the talk of the Country as their time circulated from fancier to fancier. And then Later that night they got a phone call from the I.N.F.C Secretary to confirm that they had won the King's Cup.
"We couldn’t believe it when we where told that we had won the King's Cup." "You always Dream that somehow one day what it would be like to Win the biggest race of them all but the Dream has come true."

Stephen immediatley put up on the 'Winners North South' Facebook Pigeon Group full of excitement "Just Won the King's Cup YEE HA!"
"This Season our hen had a total of 3 N.I.P.A Inland Races and a Talbenny and after that we privately trained her right up until the week before the King's Cup race."
"We would like to thank our good friend Mark Ewbanks as the bloodlines are from Marks Lofts."
"We also decided to name the bird after our mother Eileen, as she was a great person and she never gave up just like this wee hen never gave up to come home all the way from France to Win us the King's Cup"
This is only the 2nd time that the King's Cup has been won in Newry Centre. With Johnny Murtagh of Ballyholland H.P.S Winning it in 2019.
Brian and Stephen will be presented with the King's Cup at the I.N.F.C Presentation Night held at the Stormont Hotel in Belfast in November by Last Years Winner Liam McCall of Wicklow who has won it twice. And now C McArdle & Sons of Newry City Invitation will be added to this star studded list.

This is undoubtedly the best accolade that any pigeon fancier could ever achieve in the Sport.
The memorys of Friday the 1st of July 2022 will live long with the McArdle Brothers for the rest of their lives.
Congratulations to C McArdle & Sons
There was a Grand total of 250 Pigeons North and South arrived home over the 2 Days with 90 on the day and 160 the following day. It was a typical race out of France a hard task to do and a big ask for fanciers birds
Locally there was a Total of 24 Birds clocked in Newry Centre over the 2 Days with 8 Arrivals on the Day and 16 on the second day. The Newry Centre always thrives in these Races from France.
Ron Williamson - Ron is one of the very few to be able to say he has Won this prestigous trophy back in 2013 when he was Racing in Bondhill H.P.S. Pictured below being presented with the King's Cup in 2013. 1 Week Previous Ron Claimed 2nd National Position from St. Malo Pictured and now this week Ron Finishes 2nd Newry Centre & Wins Newry & District Club while also finishing overall 8th National and 5th North Section in the King's Cup while taking home a great sum of prize money for his positions. Ron now adds this triumph to his every growing list of honours he has achieved in his years of racing

Mark Ewbanks - Mark goes by the name of Kings Cupbirds on Facebook and he most certaintly lives up to that name. Mark not only timed 4 Pigeons out of 5 but he also has the privilege of being able to say he his bloodlines has won the Kings Cup in 2022. A little background into Marks Bloodlines when 20 years ago Mark bought a hen from Davy Hutchinson. All three birds he clocked are great grandchildren of this hen and so is this years Kings Cup winner. First clocked is my Sootjen family crossed with a Busschaert hen from Chrisey North. Second clocked is my family crossed with a double granddaughter of Big Smithy from Ian Stafford. Third in the clock in my good hen that won Fermoy and Bude as a yearling then flew the kings cup last year out of race time. Mark has 3 Pigeons in the placings with his 4th Bird just miising out of the placings. Mark Finishes 9th National, 6th North Section, 28th National, 23rd North Section, 158th National, 123rd North Section. 2nd, 4th and 6th Newry City Club and 3rd, 5th and 12th Newry Centre along with a sum of pool prize money for his positions

Donnelly Bros - The Donnelly Brothers have had an excellent season this year from the Channel timing in every race no matter what the day. Richard and John finished 2nd National behind fellow Newry Man Johnny Murtagh in the Kings Cup back in 2019. The Lads this year finish 15th National, 10th North Section. 3rd and 7th Newry City Club and 4th and 22nd Newry Centre.
E&B McAteer - New Men on the Block the McAteers are relatives of Aidan McAteer so best believe these men are no cold turkeys. The men of Ballyholland H.P.S Win their club from the King's Cup and Finish 56th National, 47th North Section and 6th Newry Centre. A brilliant achievement to build on.

Johnny Murtagh & Peter Murtagh - The Murtagh Brothers of Ballyholland always excel at the Distance Racing with Johnny being the First man from Newry Winning the Kings Cup in 2019. Peter and Johnny both timed 2 each and also they got their 2 nominated Single Bird Pigeons from the race a great achievement with the results to match
Johnny Finishing 69th National, 53rd North Section. 131st National, 98th North Section. 2nd and 5th Club. 7th and 10th Newry Centre. The 2 Murtaghs where Neck and neck with Peter achieving 80th National, 58th North Section. 181st National, 143rd North Section. 3rd and 7th Club. 8th and 15th Newry Centre

Aidan McAteer - A well know Distance fancier from across the country Aidan is always there and timing. Timing his fancied birds to with Aidan getting Bronze, Silver, Gold you name it. This year Aidan finishes 160th National, 125th North Section. 202nd National, 160th North Section. 6th and 8th Ballyholland Club and 13th and 19th Newry Centre. Aidan also Finishes 9th in the Single Bird Nomination Challenge along with winning £50 and this achievement.

Dessie Carroll - Dessie the Dark Horse of Distance flying in the area. Dessie loves the thrill of these race finishing well andgetting Bronze Diplomas. Age is a just a number for this fancier as back in 2020 from St. Malo Dessie timed an 11 year Old Hen well up in the Placings. This year Dessie Wins Millvale Club and finishes 180th National, 142nd North Section and 14th Newry Centre

John J McCabe - Jj is an all round specialist and true fancier racing every race in the proggramme from the start of the Old birds right through the Finishing stages of the Youngbirds. Quality birds around him Jj picks him team and knows how to gear them up for France to time them. J j always says persistence is key and alot of training and hard work behind the scenes. This payed off yet again with Jj finishing 3rd Newry & District Club. 17th Newry Centre and 192nd National, 152nd North Section.

Tommy Mooney - Tommy always sticks by his ruling of 'Quality over Quantity' and 'Only takes One Pigeon to win it" Tommy Timed his 2 Year Old Blue Cheq Cock which was 2nd Club for him in Penzance 2021. The Cock got 2 Inland Race, Talbenny & Bude this year before sitting 10 days on eggs to the King's Cup. This Cock is out of a hen from RJ McKeown of Annsborough and out of a cock from Paul Dunlop. This Cock placed 200th National 158th North Section. 2nd Millvale Club and 18th Newry Centre. This was also Tommys Singled Bird Nomination Pigeon.

S & Y Kane - Sean 'The Distance Maestro' Kane of Newry & District. Sean comes into the club with his pigeons from Talbenny onwords with Club members saying hes a certainty on winning the Race. Sean always replys "The Real Racing dosnt start till July" with a cheeky wink and a smile. Now here we are in July and Sean has lined up his pigeon to finish 217th National, 174 North Section. 4th Newry & District and 20th Newry Centre
Micky Gillan - Micky the gentleman man of the sport with his pigeons to match. Micky picks and chooses his team wisely for these races and looks forward to them all year round. Micky does well from France and this year he finishes 227th National, 183 North Section. 5th Newry & District Club and 21st Newry Centre

Cormac O'Hare - Cormac always times and times well for that matter. Skibbereen, Sennon Cove, St. Malo and Kings Cup but to name a few. Cormac has the last but not least 2 positions in the Newry Centre Finishing 23rd and 24th while also taking 9th and 10th Club.
Yet again the Newry Area thrives at the King's Cup. Well done to all that timed.

Best of Luck to those who have entered in the St.Malo Friendship National lets hope the streak continues Jordan Hughes PO.

Return to “Irish National Flying Club”