Obituary Gene Gormley (Monaghan)

Homer's Odyssey - News From Around Ireland by Willie Reynolds BHW & RP Scribe and PO for NIPA, INFC and RPRA (Irish Region).
willie reynolds

Obituary Gene Gormley (Monaghan)

Post by willie reynolds »

It is with a heavy heart that I inform the members of the passing of my dear friend and former monaghan H.p.s club president and long time member Gene Gormley . Over the years gene raced some fantastic pigeons. His aim Was always the channel and he won every channel race in his years competing . In fact one hen that was bred of birds from another of his friends former kings Cup winner Allan mc Donald, finished 5th and 100rd open Kings Cup for gene . Unfortunately due to health reasons gene had to get rid of his birds two years ago but never lossed his love for them. He read his weekly pigeon magazines from start to finish and followed all club results on this and other pigeon sites. I would visit him after every race as he would be sitting waiting patiently on our club results. On behalf of myself and all our club members we send our sincere sympathy to all genes family and friends. May he forever rest in peace. Gerry swift, Secretary.

Return to “Homer's Odyssey”