Obutuary Allen McBride (Harryville) -

Homer's Odyssey - News From Around Ireland by Willie Reynolds BHW & RP Scribe and PO for NIPA, INFC and RPRA (Irish Region).
willie reynolds

Obutuary Allen McBride (Harryville) -

Post by willie reynolds »

McBride Allen - 2nd January 2023. Died peacefully surrounded by his loving family at the Macmillan Unit Antrim. John Allen Late of Lettercreeve, Ballee. Beloved husband of Lorna. Devoted father of John and Denise. Dearly loved father-in-law of Mark and Michelle. A grandfather who adored his grandchildren Adam, Alesha, Ethan, Ella and Penny. Much loved brother of Deborah, Colin and Amanda. Much loved son of John and Margaret. Following a private Family Service in His Home a graveside Service will be Held in Ballee cemetery on Friday the 6th at 2pm (were all are welcome to attend). Family Home Private. Family Flowers Only Please, Donations may be sent if desired to the Macmillan Unit Antrim (Cheques made payable to NHSCT Charitable Trust Fund) c/o James Stevenson & Son, 30 Cushendall Road, BT43 6HD. {Jesus Said] In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. (John 14 v 2) - Until we meet again.

Obituary Allen McBride – In the last week the local fancy lost another big star with the passing of Allen McBride who had health problems over recent months and died peacefully surrounded by his loving family at the Macmillan Unit at Antrim. He lived in Lettercreeve just off the main Antrim Road and lived near the Harryville HPS where he raced with great success over many years. Most seasons he scored at the very highest level up to 1st Section in Section B and many times 1st in the Mid Antrim Combine where he was a dedicated member. He raced the Soontjen family of birds mostly obtained from his brother Colin who when re raced was almost unbeatable in Harryville, and was top prize=winner many times. Allen served for several years as Hon Treasurer and was ever present at the annual presentation of the Harryville HPS. He was a Taxi Driver and was well known locally. I remember in the early days the young McBride Bros racing in the old Ballymena Championship, when it closed, they both raced in Harryville, I attended both lofts many times to photograph winners. Following a private Family Service in his home a graveside Service was held in Ballee Cemetery on Friday the 6th January at 2.00pm (were all are welcome to attend). Family Home Private. Family Flowers Only Please, Donations may be sent if desired to the Macmillan Unit Antrim (Cheques made payable to NHSCT Charitable Trust Fund) c/o James Stevenson & Son, 30 Cushendall Road, BT43 6HD. Allen who was a real gentleman will be very sadly missed on the local scene condolences to wife Lorna and the entire family circle at this sad time. Homer.

Return to “Homer's Odyssey”