Skibbereen YB Nat - Sat 16/09/23

New NIPA Press Officer – I would like to inform everyone that I have been newly elected as Press Officer for the NIPA and will be covering Sections C, D, F and G in the NIPA in this forthcoming season 2024. I kindly ask for all the Club Secretaries or race Secretaries within these sections to get in contact with me highlighting their club and contact details for the future publication of results, loft reports and any other information for publication. I would loke to take this opportunity to wish everyone the best of luck and good health in 2024. I am very privileged to be taking on this esteemed role and I can’t wait to get up and running. Jordan Hughes. "Journey’s End” NIPA Press Officer. Mobile: 07713 808554, E-mail: jordanhughespro.gmail.com
willie reynolds

Skibbereen YB Nat - Sat 16/09/23

Post by willie reynolds »

THE DELANEYS ARE THE KINGS OF SKIBBEREEN

JOURNEY’S END - N.I.P.A NOTES – SECTIONS C, D, F, & G
The Big N.I.P.A. Season Finale the Inland Skibbereen youngbird National in County Cork got underway on Friday the 15th of September with all members sending their 20-bird limit teams through their local centres. A Total of 266 members of the Mighty N.I.P.A. sent 2,633 Birds to 3rd Roscrea Race. The Birds were liberated in Skibbereen Liberation site at 10:15 AM on Saturday morning the 2nd of September in great conditions with a North East wind.

The Winning Bird from the Skibbereen Young Bird National was Roscrea race belongs to Stephen Delaney of Dromore H.P.S in Section G

The Open Winner for Stephen has been named ‘The Harrier’ bred by Gerald Delaney O’Roory hill stud. She was 1st Club Dromore HPS, 1st Dromore Centre & 1st National NIPA Skibbereen yb National in a very hard race north/north east cold wind clocking in a velocity of 1064. Her sire is a direct son of ‘Diamond Princess’ winner of 2 x 1st Opens when mated to ‘O’Roory Pride’ winner of 1st Open yb national 2017. He is a son of ‘Cousin Kittel’ 1 dam of 3 x 1st Open winners. The dam of ‘The Harrier’ 1st national is a direct bred Luc Vervoort. Many Congratulations to Stephen Delaney on claiming 1st National N.I.P.A. from Skibbereen Youngbird National from 2,633 Birds.

2nd Open was Stephens Mother & Father Mr & Mrs Gerald. Delaney of Dromore H.P.S. in Section G. This bird has been named as ‘De Blue 48’ Bred & raced by Mr & Mrs Gerald Delaney. This cock was 2nd Club, 2nd Dromore Centre & 2nd National NIPA Skibbereen National. Clocking in a velocity of 1063. The Sire is a direct son of ‘Diamond Princess’ winner of 2 x 1st Opens, when mated to ‘Willys Pride’ he is a son of the ‘King of Diamonds’ sire of 6 x 1st Open winners when mated to ‘Champion 399’ full sister to the ‘Vettel’ 1st national ace pigeon bred by Willy Van Herck. Dam of ‘De Blue 48’ is a super blue bred by Philip Baadjuo from Limburg, Holland. This is their first year breeding at O’ Roory hill stud. They bought 30 from Philip in 2022. The nest mate of ‘De blue 48’ was 11th Section G 31st National. ‘Diamond Princess’ is the grandmother of ‘The Harrier’ and ‘De Blue’ 48 winners of 1st & 2nd national. She is a pure gold mine breeder in O’ Roory Hill Stud.
3rd Open was Ron Williamson of Newry & District H.P.S. in Section G. Congratulations to all on the final N.I.P.A. Race of 2023.

SKIBBEREEN YOUNGBIRD INLAND NATIONAL
1st S. Delaney Dromore H.P.S. 1064; 2nd Mr & Mrs G. Delaney Dromore H.P.S. 1063; 3rd R. Williamson Newry & District H.P.S. 1061; 4th Matthew McCabe the Meadows H.P.S.1057; 5th Mr & Mrs G. Delaney Dromore HPS 1055; 6th D. Calvin Bondhill HPS 1055; 7th G. Buckley & Son Anaghmore HPS 1055; 8th J&D Braniff Glen HPS 1054; 9th G&C Simmons Edgarstown HPS 1052; 10th R. Calvin & Daughter Loughall HPS 1049; 11th S&N Maginty Muckamore HPS 1045; 12th K&K Kernohan & Sons Ballymena HPS 1039; 13th Blair & Rankin Ballymena HPS 1039; 14th S. Diamond HPS Coleraine Premier 1035; 15th Humphries & Baird Markethill 1032; 16th Humphries & Baird Markethill 1032; 17th S&N Maginty Muckamore HPS 1029; 18th J. Greenaway Hillsborough & Maze HPS1027; 19th Matthew McCabe the Meadows HPS 1027; 20th Mr & Mrs G. Delaney Dromore HPS 1025

Centre Results
Banbridge Centre – 1st F. Simpson 1023; 2nd F. Simpson 1022; 3rd Joe Smyth & Sons 1021; 4th Eddie McAlinden & Sons 996; 5th Eddie McAlinden & Sons 991; 6th S. Ogle 970; 7th Eddie McAlinden & Son 938; 8th S. Ogle 885; 9th D&K Mallen 878; 10th S. Ogle 867

Dromore Centre – 1st S. Delaney 1064; 2nd Mr & Mrs G. Delaney 1063; 3rd Mr & Mrs G. Delaney 1055; 4th Mr & Mrs G. Delaney 1025; 5th Mr & Mrs G. Delaney 1017; 6th Mr & Mrs G. Delaney 942; 7th H. McAvoy 920; 8th Mr & Mrs G. Delaney 904; 9th S. McAllister 902; 10th Russell Bros 901

Ligoniel Centre – 1st J&D Braniff 1054; 2nd McMurray & Anderson 1024; 3rd G. McKenna 990; 4th J&D Braniff 985; 5th Bingham & Seaton 978; 6th J&D Braniff 972; 7th G. McCann 951; 8th Whiteside Bros 947; 9th Bingham & Seaton 937; 10th Bingham & Seaton 916

Newry Centre – 1st R. Williamson 1061; 2nd Donnelly Bros 1017; 3rd Gary Murphy 1004; 4th Owen Markey 1004; 5th Donnelly Bros 962; 6th William Chambers 947; 7th Owen Markey 945; 8th Cormac O’Hare & Dtr 944; 9th Donnelly Bros 928; 10th Gary Murphy 927

SECTION C REPORT
The Winner of Section C (45/426) from Skibbereen Youngbird National was J&D Braniff of Glen H.P.S. The Braniff lads finish 1st Club, 1st Section C (426 Birds) and 8th National (2,633 Birds) The Section Winners Sire is the Section Old Bird of the year 2022. He is another Son of ‘The Griffiths Cock’ The Dam was bred by D&J Hawkins, and she is a Dtr of his top stock ‘The 42 Cock’. Many Congratulations to Section C Winners J&D Braniff and Big Congratulations to all Club Winners

SECTION D REPORT
The Winner of Section D (29/246) from Skibbereen Youngbird National was Jeff Greenaway of Hillsborough & Maze H.P.S. Jeff Finishes 1st, 2nd & 3rd Club, 1st, 2nd & 3rd Section D (246 Birds) and 18th, 44th & 52nd National (2,633 Birds) Many Congratulations to Section D Winner Jeff Greenaway and Big Congratulations to all Club Winners

SECTION F REPORT
The Winner of Section F (14/91) from Skibbereen Youngbird National was McComb Bros of Killyleagh Central H.P.S. The brothers Bobby & Pat Finish 1st Club, 1st Section F (91 Birds) The Section F Winning Birds Sire was from Geoffrey Douglas of Lurgan, and the Dam was from Danny Dixon. The Parents were both purchased by Paddy at the North Coast Classic Sales, Many Congratulations to Section F Winners McComb Bros and Big Congratulations to all Club Winners

SECTION G REPORT
The Winner of Section G (30/425) from Skibbereen Youngbird National was Stephen Delaney of Dromore H.P.S. (See Opening Report for more Info) Stephen finishes 1st Club, 1st Section G (425 Birds) 1st National (2,633 Birds) Many Congratulations to Section G Winner Stephen Delaney and Big Congratulations to all Club Winners.

NIPA NOTES
Duddy bus to Blackpool show
This year the trip to Blackpool will be organised by John McConaghie (Ballymoney) and Robert Turkington (Doagh) Due to personal circumstances Alan Shanks is unavailable to organise this years trip which runs from Thursday night 18th January 2024 to Monday 22nd January 2024. For those going a £50 deposit (non refundable paid to John or Robert by the 15th November 2023 and the balance by 31st December 2023. This years changes are necessary to streamline the running of this long established pigeon trip, also those going will be responsible for obtaining or ordering their own show tickets but these can be bought on the day of the show. As in the past the bud will leave from Ballybogey travelling through Ballymena, Doagh and Stena line for the boat to Carnryan. Hopefully the show will be back to full strength this year.
Contact numbers.
John McConaghie 07753268216
Robert Turkington 07710483063

And that’s a wrap on the 2023 Racing Calendar Year for the N.I.P.A. It has been a very enjoyable year for all with another great years racing and craic.
On a personal note, I have loved every single report that I completed from the start of April right through to now. I have enjoyed talking to you all during the course of the year seeing all your success through the smiles on the faces of everyone from Race marking nights to Winners proudly displaying their prize birds.
I have a few loft reports completed for some Winter Reading during the off Season, so please keep an eye out for them.
Anyone who has anything happening during the off season from Shows, Presentations, etc. that they would like published in my Journeys End Articles please get in Contact with myself.

I would like to thank everyone, and I will be looking forward to hearing from you all very soon.

Yours in Sport , Jordan Hughes

JORDAN HUGHES
‘JOURNEYS END’
N.I.P.A PRESS OFFICER
Mobile: 07713808554
Email: jordanhughespro.gmail.com
Facebook Messenger
WhatsApp
Results & Info Links
www.pigeonnetwork.com
www.nipapigeons.co.uk
www.elimarpigeons.com

Gerald (l) an Stephen Delaney from Dromore, 1st & 2nd Open NIPA Skibbereen.

Return to “Journey's End with Jordan Hughes”