Obituary - Vic Shaw

Homer's Odyssey - News From Around Ireland by Willie Reynolds BHW & RP Scribe and PO for NIPA, INFC and RPRA (Irish Region).
willie reynolds

Obituary - Vic Shaw

Post by willie reynolds »

Just heard the very sad news that Vic Shaw passed away this morning. Vic was a true legend in our sport and either North road or South road racing it made no difference to Vic he raced at the very top.As a younger fancier I remember very well reading articles about Vic Shaw and dreamed of owning birds like Vic had and also of being able to race birds like Vic.Dreams are what keep us going in life and one day I was able to actually live one of them and got to visit Vic Shaw at his home with Bob Fenech . I seen the lofts that I had only before seen in the racing pigeon magazine's and also got to hold one of the greatest pigeons to ever race in England ,the great Tom Thumb who had won 9x1st prizes ,6x1st federations and also 1st London North Road Combine Berwick from 8000 pigeons. Vic later came here to Ireland for a visit and he left a great memory of warmth and kindness with everyone who met him and all often still speak so highly of Vic even today.A true gentleman and legend of our sport has passed now and will be sadly missed by his wife Annie ,his sons Alan ,David and his daughter Jenny and of course Bob Fenech who taught of Vic not just as his Father in law but as a friend and of course also as a great pigeon fancier who Bob always looked up to and respected ..My deepest condolences to all of Vics family and friends at this very sad time .You will be missed by many Vic but your name will live on for as long as there are pigeons being raced.Rest in Peace Vic I was honered to have met you and spoken to you on a number of occasions and I will never forget those times.The photos below were taken two years ago when Vic last visited Blackpool for the show .Sitting beside Vic is Bob Fenechs son Robert. Jimmy Hamilton PO.

Return to “Homer's Odyssey”