Ligoniel presentation/Doagh Moot/ etc -

New NIPA Press Officer – I would like to inform everyone that I have been newly elected as Press Officer for the NIPA and will be covering Sections C, D, F and G in the NIPA in this forthcoming season 2024. I kindly ask for all the Club Secretaries or race Secretaries within these sections to get in contact with me highlighting their club and contact details for the future publication of results, loft reports and any other information for publication. I would loke to take this opportunity to wish everyone the best of luck and good health in 2024. I am very privileged to be taking on this esteemed role and I can’t wait to get up and running. Jordan Hughes. "Journey’s End” NIPA Press Officer. Mobile: 07713 808554, E-mail: jordanhughespro.gmail.com
willie reynolds

Ligoniel presentation/Doagh Moot/ etc -

Post by willie reynolds »

JOURNEY’S END - N.I.P.A NOTES
LIGONIEL H.P.S. PRESENTATION NIGHT

Ligoniel H.P.S. kicked off the prizegiving season in style on Saturday 4 th of November in Ligoniel
Pigeon Club. It was an honour to be invited with dad to share the evening with the Club. An
impressive setup which was greatly organised by the members a real credit to all involved in making
the night a success. A Beautiful meal with great music and a super spread of silverware. Everyone
had a brilliant night celebrating every members success during the 2023 Season.
Ligoniel Chairman Darren McMurray got the evening underway by expressing his gratitude on
behalf of the club thanking all the members for another great year. And a Big thanks to the late
Harry Andersons family, Alan McNally, Stephen Forsythe, Ger O’Sullivan, and Alan Taylor for the New
Cups for the Club. Myself & Jackie Henry for taking pictures of the presentation. And to Joey Vague
Assistant Secretary of the N.I.P.A. & Darren Aiken for presenting the Silverware.

Top Prize Winners of the Year was Bingham & Seaton winning a total of 4 in Old Birds & 4 in Young
Birds accompanied by 2 Section C Wins. Leo & Billy & Dora won the Old Bird Inland National Shield
(Skibbereen) winning velocity of 1365, The Sure to Fix Trophy Best Old Bird Averages Mainland GB.
M&P. O’Sullivan Trophy for Top Prize winner. And winners of the Best Youngbird Averages.
McMurray & Anderson finished the season with 6 N.I.P.A. O.B Club Wins & 3 N.I.P.A. Y.B Club Wins
along with 3x Section C Wins. Darren did his Late Uncle & Race partner Harry Anderson proud with a
stellar year and by also winning the New Harry Anderson Memorial Trophy kindly donated by the
Anderson Family for Winning the Penzance O.B Race velocity 1272. Also winning the Young Bird
Inland National Sheld from Skibbereen velocity 1024. And Winner of the best O.B Inland Averages.
Another New Trophy kindly donated by the Taylor Family for Winner of the First Y.B Race from
Kilbeggan was won by Trevor Longman with a winning velocity of 1387.
A Trophy kindly sponsored the Page Setup Design Trophy for the first Old Bird Race from Tullamore
was won by Jason Smyth with a winning velocity of 1711.
Colin McCormick also had the honour of picking up the Ligoniel Trophy Young Bird Channel National
from Dale after clocking the winning velocity of 1303.

The Ligoniel Club as you can tell from my reports throughout the season is one of the strongest
clubs in the N.I.P.A. week in week out having 20 plus members racing with a constant good birdage
going out of the club from every race in the calendar year. With multiple Section C Wins coming
within the Club and holding their own in the Open placings also on a yearly basis. With strong
competition within the club there is also a great comradery from the members who enjoy all aspects
of racing.
I would like to wish all the members of Ligoniel the very best of health in 2024 and to another
successful and enjoyable years racing. Yours in Sport , Jordan Hughes

N.I.P.A. Old Birds
Tullamore: J. Smyth – 1711
1 st Roscrea: W. Wickings – 1423
2 nd Roscrea: McMurray & Anderson – 1596 1 st Section C
1 st Fermoy: McMurray & Anderson – 1900
2 nd Fermoy: McMurray & Anderson – 1587
Skibbereen National: Bingham & Seaton – 1365
Pilmore Beach: T. Longman – 1236
1 st Talbenny: Bingham & Seaton – 1350
2 nd Talbenny: Bingham & Seaton – 1346
3 rd Fermoy: W. Gilmore – 1404
Bude: Bingham & Seaton – 1253
Fermoy Yearling National – McMurray & Anderson – 1566
4 th Fermoy: T. Longman – 1422
Penzance: McMurray & Anderson – 1272
Penzance Classic: McMurray & Anderson – 1272

N.I.P.A. Youngbirds
1 st Kilbeggan: T. Longman – 1387 1 st Section C
2 nd Kilbeggan: Bingham & Seaton - 1950
Tullamore: Bingham & Seaton - 1583 1 st Section C
1 st Roscrea: Bingham & Seaton – 2026
2 nd Roscrea: C. McManus – 2063
1 st Fermoy: E. Heaney & Son – 1353 1 st Section C
5 Bird Fermoy: McMurray & Anderson – 1310 1 st Section C
Dale Channel National: C. McCormick – 1303
3 rd Roscrea: McMurray & Anderson – 1612 1 st Section C
2 nd Fermoy: Bingham & Seaton – 1568 1 st Section C
Skibbereen Inland National: McMurray & Anderson – 1024

Top Prize Winners
1 st Bingham & Seaton
2 nd McMurray & Anderson
3 rd C. McManus
4 th E. Heaney & Son
5 th T. Longman
6 th W. Gilmore
7 th W. Wickings
8 th W. O’Boyle
9 th Armstrong & McAllister
10 th J. Smyth
11 th A. Taylor & Son
12 th G. McCann
13 th C. McCormick
14 th Calderwood & Waite
15 th Stockman & Robinson
16 th McAuley/Kell/Gibson/Tosh
17 th Dunwoody Bros
18 th W. Corbett & Son
19 th F&M Lavery
20 th Heading Bros & Luney
21 st D. Balloch

Doagh & District H.P.S. MOOT

On Friday 27 th October I was delighted to be invited to attend Doagh & Districts H.P.S. MOOT In
McConnell’s of Doagh.
It was a super evening organised by the Club with star studded names on the Panel with Gary
Simmons, David Braniff & David Black and very well hosted by Sid Collins. The Panel spoke very well
giving their insight into all aspects of their season bit by bit with some impressive stories on their
success in the sport. Sid was Speaker on the Panel and had the fully packed crowd engaged right
throughout asking top questions, it was great to see the different opinions on the panels answer to
Sid’s Questions. Every day is a school day as we are always learning about the sport and trying
different theories and techniques for improving our performances during before and after the
season. Supper went down a treat in between the moot along with Wesley Sawyers from Sawyers
Pigeon Auctions holding the end of the Online Sale Live in the room with some of the very best
fanciers’ birds on offer. And was very well done by Gary Donaldson for going Live on Facebook
showcasing the MOOT to those who could not attend and was great to look back on and take down
notes on the panel’s theories.
Overall, it was a brilliant night had by all. I would like to thank all the members of Doagh & District
for organising a great night and I wish them all the very best of health & enjoyable years racing in

N.I.P.A. NOTES
Larne & District H.P.S. MOOT

A Date for the Diary. On Friday the 1 st of December Larne & District H.P.S. Welcome the Fancy to an
action packed MOOT in Larne & District Clubrooms. The Panel includes Brian Smith from R&B Smith
of Burtonwood, Stuart Traharne of G. Treharne & Son of Nantyglo, John Burgham of the Williams
Brothers, Son and Burgham partnership in Tredegar. All top fanciers with top class results. The Night
kicks off at 7PM, There will also be a top class selection of birds up for auction which will be on
Wesley Sawyers S.P.A. Website finishing in the Clubrooms. Tickets are £10 with supper included, A
Ballot of Four Lots of young birds will be on offer for £5 per strip in a raffle.
For Tickets & more Infoplease contact R. Mills on 07763532325 or R. Rea on 07545880065

JORDAN HUGHES
‘JOURNEYS END’
N.I.P.A PRESS OFFICER
Mobile: 07713808554
Email: jordanhughespro.gmail.com
Facebook Messenger
WhatsApp
Results & Info Links
www.pigeonnetwork.com
www.nipapigeons.co.uk
www.elimarpigeons.com

Return to “Journey's End with Jordan Hughes”