INFC Presentation 2023 by Jordan Hughes

New NIPA Press Officer – I would like to inform everyone that I have been newly elected as Press Officer for the NIPA and will be covering Sections C, D, F and G in the NIPA in this forthcoming season 2024. I kindly ask for all the Club Secretaries or race Secretaries within these sections to get in contact with me highlighting their club and contact details for the future publication of results, loft reports and any other information for publication. I would loke to take this opportunity to wish everyone the best of luck and good health in 2024. I am very privileged to be taking on this esteemed role and I can’t wait to get up and running. Jordan Hughes. "Journey’s End” NIPA Press Officer. Mobile: 07713 808554, E-mail: jordanhughespro.gmail.com
willie reynolds

INFC Presentation 2023 by Jordan Hughes

Post by willie reynolds »

JOURNEY’S END – WITH JORDAN HUGHES

IRISH NATIONAL FLYING CLUB PRESENTATION NIGHT 2023
The Irish National Flying Club had their Annual Dinner and Presentation of Prizes on Friday the 24th of November in the Stormont Hotel. The Many Prize Winners from across the Country made the trip to Stormont accompanied by friends and family to celebrate the INFC 2023 Year. I was a guest of the I.N.F.C. Kings Cup Winner and good friend Mark Maguire. Mr Cormac O’Hare the Chairman of the I.N.F.C. got the evening underway by welcoming everyone to the annual prizegiving thanking all those who helped making it possible and the very best of congratulations to all who had success in 2023 Season. Then introducing the distinguished guests at the top table President Wesley Sawyers, Secretary Trevor Topping, and guests of the evening Mr. Leonard McCavery former Chairman and Mr. John Wheatcroft Team Manager of the Great Olympiad Show. After a few words of thanks from the distinguished guests the beautiful 3 course meal consisting of Chefs Vegetable Broth, Roast Turkey & Ham and Dinner and Strawberry Cheesecake for Desert served with Tea/Coffee. The Meal was enjoyed by all and many thanks to the Stormont Hotel. Finally, Mr Ronnie Johnston the INFC Patron does what he does best by taking the floor to present as speaker of the presentation.

THE MAGUIRE FAMILY LIFT THE INFC KINGS CUP
The Main Accolade of the I.N.F.C. and has to the biggest of them all the I.N.F.C. Kings Cup Winner This Years Winner of 2023 was my good friend Mr. Mark Maguire & Son of Millvale H.P.S. in Section G in the N.I.P.A. I Can still remember hearing of Marks time just shortly after clocking with nothing but shear happiness for Mark and the Family. The start of 2023 was tough for Mark and the family after the sad passing of his Late Father Malachy Maguire. A Huge Icon of the Sport, and a gentleman. When the Kings Cup Winner was announced it couldn’t have gone to a better person in Mark. A Top name in the book of Irish Fanciers multitude of winners form land and especially the distance. It was the one Malachy and Mark longed for like everyone else, it was ticked off the box of Nationals Won through the years completing the Dream. The Winner a 2 year old blue Hen named fittingly ‘Mals Dream’ It was an Emotional moment seeing Mark lifting the Kings Cup and finally taking the Cup to the Maguire Family.

The other top accolade of the night Is the I.N.F.C. National Champion. This is an accolade that is difficult to achieve as it is won by the best fancier in the Open Prizes from all 6 I.N.F.C. Races in both young and old bird races with both inland and channel races to be flown. The National Champion this year went to R.G&G Donaldson of Edgarstown H.P.S. in Section E in the N.I.P.A. a huge achievement for the trio in a great year’s racing.

Martin Graham from Ballymena fly’s a tough terrain of most of the INFC members with a big ask to fly into the area and perform. 2023 was a year to remember for Martin winning both Nationals from Penzance. Finishing first in both Penzance Yearling National and the Penzance Youngbird National. A Great honest fancier

Jeff Greenaway needs a new pair of shoes after walking up and down to collect that many prizes at Stormont. Jeff had a stellar year with the infc and the Nipa Winning the NIPA Open and Skibbereen National with the same pigeon just 2 weeks apart a phenomenal pigeon. Performance after performances winning numerous averages and cups for his years racing.

A man I was delighted to see succeed was Micky Gillan from Newry. Best dressed man on the night too. A Race Micky excels in is the Friendship National every year and always timing with just a few selected sent. This Year Micky done extremely well from Penzance Yearling National and yet again the Friendship National winning best averages form both races.

Gary Marsden of Hillsborough & Maze won the Jarvis Cup for Best Average Penzance and Skibbereen Y.B. Nationals. An enthusiastic fancier who doesn’t just time them but times multiple and clocks for fun timing in both land and channel races. With 6 birds in the top 50 positions of the North Section. And clocking 6 birds from St. Malo.

Johnny Murtagh from Ballyholland was runner up in this year Kings Cup and was very close to making it a 2nd Kings Cup Win as he won the trophy back in 2019. Picking up the Nelson Vase 1st RPRA member after winner in the Kings Cup race Vel. 972.

Speaking of 2 times Kings Cup Winners in attendance was a good family friend of mine Liam McCall of Wicklow who wasn’t for off top spot yet again being the 1 st South Leinster Fed. member in the Kings Cup race Vel. 941. A top fancier and even bigger gentleman who deserves every success he has earned over the years, and I have no doubt you will be seeing Liams name at the top next year and for many more to come.
Another top family of fanciers I have to mention is the O’Reilly’s of Malahide. Another great bunch of lads who are always at the top of their game when it comes to French Racing. Also, yet again Kings Cup Winners in 2012. Also great family friends of mine and also gifting me many winners and birds timed from France and the channel races with this year being from Liams, O’Reilly, Pat Lambert another fancier who always clocks on no matter what the day and Alan Massey a top flyer at the channel with birds rared straight from Alans lofts with the top bloodline of all the top flyers in Ireland and proud to call great friends.

Irish National Flying Club Trophy and Award Winners (In my Sections) 2023
King George V Challenge Cup—Saint Allouestre. Grand National old bird race winner. Mark Maguire & Son Millvale H.P.S. Vel. 978
Nelson Vase – Saint Allouestre O.B.-- 1st RPRA member after winner in the Kings Cup race. J. Murtagh & Son Ballyholland H.P.S. Vel. 972
N.I.P.A. Cup—Saint Allouestre O.B--1 st NIPA member in the Kings Cup race. Mark Maguire & Son Millvale H.P.S. Vel. 978
S.L.F. Cup--- Saint Allouestre O.B.—1 st South Leinster Fed. member in the Kings Cup race. L. McCall Wicklow South Road R.P.C. Vel. 941
Harkness Rose Bowl—Saint Allouestre O.B.--Best two bird average Kings Cup. F. Moran Malahide & District R.P.C. Vel. 949
Joe Doheny Cup—Saint Allouestre O.B. Single bird challenge Kings Cup race. F. Moran Malahide & District R.P.C. Vel. 955
McCloud Cup—Saint Allouestre O.B.--1 st Yearling in the Kings Cup. J. Greenaway Hillsborough & Maze H.P.S. Vel. 948
Ronnie Johnston Challenge Cup--Skibbereen O.B-- Inland National. J. Greenaway Hillsborough & Maze H.P.S. Vel. 1284
Friendship Cup—Saint Malo O.B.-- Friendship National. R. G. & G Donaldson Edgarstown H.P.S. Vel. 1682
John Millar Logistics Trophy – Saint Malo O.B. - 1 st member in the section not winning the open. G. O’Reilly Malahide & District R.P.C. Vel. 1599
Nelson Corry Trophy—Penzance O.B.—Yearling National. Martin Graham Ballymena & District H.P.S. Vel. 1398
J.M.K. McGugan Perpetual Cup--- Penzance —Y.B. Channel Grand National. Martin Graham Ballymena & District H.P.S. Vel. 1452
J. Gilmour Memorial Cup. Best average Saint Allouestre O. B. and Penzance Yearling Nationals. J. Greenaway Hillsborough & Maze H.P.S. Vel. 988
A.Darragh Cup Best average Penzance Yearling and St. Malo Friendship Nationals. M. Gillan Newry & District H.P.S.. Vel. 1423
Jarvis Cup—Best Average Penzance and Skibbereen Y.B. Nationals. G. Marsden Hillsborough & Maze H.P.S. Vel. 1328
Rhead Trophy Best Average – Saint Allouestre O.B. and Penzance Y.B. Nationals. J. Greenaway Hillsborough & Maze H.P.S. Vel. 1059
Diamond Cup—Best Average Saint Allouestre O.B. Penzance Yearling and Penzance Y.B. J. Greenaway Hillsborough & Maze H.P.S. Vel. 1059
Harkers Trophy—Best Average Penzance Yearling and Penzance Y. B. Nationals. Martin Graham Ballymena & District H.P.S. Vel. 1424
Charles Hunniford Memorial Trophy --- Best average (North Section) Skibbereen O.B. & Y.B. nationals. J. Greenaway Hillsborough & Maze H.P.S. Vel. 1304
The New North Cup --- Best Average Penzance Yearling, Saint Allouestre Kings Cup, Saint Malo Friendship, Penzance Young Bird Nationals. R. G. & G. Donaldson Edgarstown H.P.S. Vel. 1144
President’s Cup--- Best Average Saint Allouestre Kings Cup, Penzance Yearling, Penzance Y.B. and Skibbereen Y.B. Nationals. J. Greenaway Hillsborough & Maze H.P.S. Vel. 1099
Congratulations to all the many Prize Winners of the evening. Thanks, Mark, for having myself, Mum and Dad as guests to be a part of your special night
Yours in Sport ,
Jordan Hughes

N.I.P.A. Press Officer
JORDAN HUGHES
‘JOURNEYS END’
N.I.P.A PRESS OFFICER
Mobile: 07713808554
Email: jordanhughespro.gmail.com
Facebook Messenger
WhatsApp
Results & Info Links
www.pigeonnetwork.com
www.nipapigeons.co.uk
www.elimarpigeons.com

The Maguire Family from Newry, INFC Kings Cup winners 2023.

Return to “Journey's End with Jordan Hughes”