Larne, Ballyholland & Newry City -

New NIPA Press Officer – I would like to inform everyone that I have been newly elected as Press Officer for the NIPA and will be covering Sections C, D, F and G in the NIPA in this forthcoming season 2024. I kindly ask for all the Club Secretaries or race Secretaries within these sections to get in contact with me highlighting their club and contact details for the future publication of results, loft reports and any other information for publication. I would loke to take this opportunity to wish everyone the best of luck and good health in 2024. I am very privileged to be taking on this esteemed role and I can’t wait to get up and running. Jordan Hughes. "Journey’s End” NIPA Press Officer. Mobile: 07713 808554, E-mail: jordanhughespro.gmail.com
willie reynolds

Larne, Ballyholland & Newry City -

Post by willie reynolds »

LARNE & DISTRICT PRESENTATION NIGHT & MOOT 2023

Larne & District H.P.S organised a Super MOOT from Top Fanciers on Friday the 1 st of December
along with the following night having their Annual Dinner and Presentation Night on Saturday the 2 nd
of December in Larne Clubrooms. First up the MOOT was a great success with a great turnout, great
spread of food, and a super job done by a Joe and Bar staff. All those who attended got a great
evening of info and insider into top fanciers in England. The Panel included Brian Smith of R&B Smith
from Burtonwood. Top Fanciers for numerous years and in the National Flying Club in 2023 their
results included 3 rd Open Fougeres, 15 th Open Messac, 8 th Open Nort Sur Erdre. 30 th Open Coutances.
Stuart Treharne of G. Treharne & Son from Nantyglo. Great Racers with National Flying Club ace
pigeon, 7 th Open Messac, 17 th Open Coutances, 10 th Open Nort Sur Erdre, 50 th Open Sigogne, 39 th
Open Coutances. John Burgham of the Williams Brothers, Son & Burgham partnership in Tredegar.
Multiple National Winners and in 2023 obtained 1 st Open National Flying Club Nort Sur Erdre, 37 th
Open Messac.

The following night the Larne Presentation took place with the panel from the MOOT being honorary
guests of the evening. Well done to all who organised the event as it was a great night with beautiful
food from McMasters from Whitehead and the music was great entertainment to top off a great
night. A Super competitive club with big members and big birdage every week with top flyers in the
N.I.P.A. Highest Prize-winner of the 2023 Season was Rea & Magill with a super season topping
Section C 3 times and with multiple club wins. Congratulations to all the members of Larne & District
on another successful years racing and all the very best in the future.
Results
Tullamore – Crawford & Robinson
Roscrea – Rea & Magill
2 nd Roscrea – D&P Harvey
Fermoy – Colin Campbell
2 nd Fermoy – Rea & Magill
Skibbereen – Rea & Magill
1 st Talbenny – Crawford & Robinson
Fermoy 5B – Colin Campbell
Fermoy – Colin Campbell
2 nd Talbenny – Crawford & Robinson
Bude – Crawford & Robinson
Penzance – S. McGarel & Sons
Youngbirds
Kilbeggan – A S McNaghten
2 nd Kilbeggan – Crawford & Robinson

Tullamore – D&P Harvey
Roscrea – Rea & Magill
2 nd Roscrea – Crawford & Robinson
Fermoy – G,K&I Moxham
3 rd Roscrea – M. McCormick
Dale – Rea & Magill
2 nd Fermoy – Mark McCormick
Skibbereen – Mark Witherspoon

BALLYHOLLAND H.P.S. PRESENTATION NIGHT

I had the privilege to be invited to attend the Ballyholland H.P.S. Presentation night in the
Ballyholland Club Rooms on Tuesday the 5 th of December. The Ballyholland Members had a super
Season from start to finish Racing in Section G of the N.I.P.A. The Club had a impressive array of
trophies on display and where kindly presented by Ballyholland Harps G.A.C. Secretary Alexis
Mulholland. The highest prize winner in Ballyholland H.P.S. was Owen Markey. Owen had yet again a
super season at Club and N.I.P.A. Level. Alexis presented a new piece of Silverware for Ballyholland
Fancier of the Year. After the presentation of trophies Cormac O’Hare presented flowers to Alexis on
behalf of the Club for kindly presenting the silverware to the Ballyholland members.
Congratulations to all the members of Ballyholland H.P.S. and best of luck in 2024
Results
Tullamore – Owen Markey
Roscrea – Owen Markey
2 nd Roscrea – Cormac O’Hare & Dtr
Fermoy – Owen Markey
2 nd Fermoy – Owen Markey
Skibbereen – Owen Markey
Pilmore Beach – Gary Murphy
1 st Talbenny – Cormac O’Hare & Dtr
Skibbereen – Owen Markey
Fermoy 5B – Owen Markey
Fermoy – Owen Markey
2 nd Talbenny – Owen Markey
Bude – E&B McAteer
Fermoy Yearling – Owen Markey
Fermoy 4 – Owen Markey
Penzance – Michael Peters
St. Malo – Cormac O’Hare & Dtr
Kings Cup – Johnny Murtagh
Friendship – Cormac O’Hare & Dtr
Youngbirds
Kilbeggan – Owen Markey
2 nd Kilbeggan – Owen Markey
Tullamore - Owen Markey
Roscrea – Owen Markey
2 nd Roscrea – Gary Murphy
Fermoy – Owen Markey
Fermoy 5B – Owen Markey
3 rd Roscrea – Owen Markey
Dale – Owen Markey

Penzance – Aiden McAteer & Sons
4 th Fermoy – Owen Markey
Skibbereen – Gary Murphy
Skibbereen – Owen Markey

NEWRY CITY 2023 GOLD RING RESULT

1st - Donnelly Bros, Vel 1302 : Wins £500
2nd - Donnelly Bros, Vel 1290 : Wins £250
3rd - Noel Murtagh, Vel 1290 : Wins £150 + Cest Pharma Pro
4th - G. McAvoy, 1266 : £80 + Cest Pharma Pro & Bath Salts
5th - W. Chambers, Vel 1248 : Wins Cest Pharma Pro & Bath Salts
6th - Thompson & Lunn, Vel 1245 : Wins Cest Pharma Pro & Bath Salts
7th - Sammy Briggs, Vel 1240 : Wins Cest Pharma Bath Salts
8th - J. Crawford, Vel 1221 : Wins Cest Pharma Bath Salts
9th - S&E Buckley, Vel 1216 : Wins Cest Pharma Bath Salts
10th - C. McArdle & Sons, Vel 1177 : Wins Cest Pharma Bath Salts
Congratulations to all in the top 10 in the Result and to all those who participated in this year's Gold
Ring Race
Many thanks to Cest Pharma International for kindly sponsoring products for the winners
'Healthy Pigeons, Happy Fanciers'
Make sure to call into Richard at Home Farm Bird Supplies for the full range of Cest Pharma Products
for the upcoming 2024 Season
And we look forward to another year of Newry City's Gold Ring Race
THE MULLANS TAKE STRABANE BY STORM

Special mention in my report goes to Dessie Mullan Senior and young Dessie who fly in the Strabane
Club in Section H of the Mighty N.I.P.A. The Mullan lads was 1 st Open N.I.P.A. Fermoy Winners
against a birdage of over 26,00 Birds taking home the McIlwaine Cup, they had a super year also
adding a Section H Win from the Yearling National. Congratulations boys and all the best in future
racing.
Yours in Sport ,
Jordan Hughes
N.I.P.A. Press Officer

JORDAN HUGHES
‘JOURNEYS END’
N.I.P.A PRESS OFFICER
Mobile: 07713808554
Email: jordanhughespro.gmail.com
Facebook Messenger
WhatsApp
Results & Info Links